CSU Bakersfield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2016

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at CSU Bakersfield

Account Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSU Bakersfield.

Interview

The questions were pretty standard and I felt like I aced the interview. In fact, I was even given a lot more details about the job as if to hint that I was a strong candidate. In the end, I did not receive an offer but the wait was AGONIZING. I really wanted the job but the wait to hear anything (which took almost 3 months) is excessive. They should at the very least have the courtesy to contact (even an email would be nice) you to tell you if you are a candidate who's information is being seriously evaluated (since the process is so long).

Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CSU Bakersfield (Bakersfield, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a quick processes where they encourage exactly what to do and the interview was very friendly. My qualification for the job was the results of my grades in the classes instructed by my boss. I applied to work with my professor for a grant project and being a student instructor for her class.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CSU Bakersfield.

Interview

CSUB's first round of interviews is a Skype interview by a panel of 6-8 people drawn from the area you would work with as well as any associated areas you will work with by extension. They contact you with the Skype information a week or so in advance. The Skype interview itself is not stressful at all. Their equipment is top notch so you can easily see and hear the whole panel. The questions asked were pertinent to the position, no trick questions. If you pass the Skype interview, you will next be invited on site for an in-person interview. In this case, I first interviewed with most of the people from the panel, but in person, answering some more in depth questions about my skills and experience. After that, I was interviewed by a much larger panel consisting of many of my future co-workers. In all, it was a positive experience and enabled me to get a good idea of what the position will be like.

Interview Questions

• Give a detailed explanation of how you would handle an assignment to start a new project and gather requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

CSU staff jobs are union, so you really don't have a lot of negotiating room. Zero wriggle room on benefits ( I tried ) and a small amount on salary. All positions fall within a union-negotiated salary band and you cannot rise too high above any others in your band, either. So not a good fit if you like to be exceptional and be rewarded individually for your work.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview was done by the department chair and my immediate supervisor. My supervisor asked all the questions. At the end of the interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were basic. What forms of technology was I familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSU Bakersfield.

Interview

Contacted first by email to set up a phone interview; conference call. No onsite interview. Questions were very reasonable and the interview process was not unpleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Dean called and made an offer with no possibility of bargaining