CSU Long Beach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CSU Long Beach

2.4

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview: Asked about 11 questions in less than 15 minutes. There were three people on the call and the main interviewer seemed rushed. During two of the questions she could be heard whispering while I was talking, which was very distracting. They offered no additional information about the position when I asked and simply hung up after complete and didn't share any details about the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• What SIS do you use? How is this specific student population different from other students at our school? Key skills for being a good advisor? Follow up questions were asked for almost every answer I provided.   1 Answer

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening for half n hour. Then one to one interview with senior analyst. Personal interview is based on the past experience and technical skills (specially SQL). It was very friendly.

Isa Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online, in about a week or two, I was called for interview. It was 1:1 interview. Questions were related to python more. The interview went about 30 mins or so.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They almost ALWAYS have another staff member in mind, but have to send the job out according to state regulations and interview at least three people. I never get the job, but always interviews

Building Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach.

Interview

Interview process was relatively simple. Met with a couple of directors and they asked generic questions as to what traits I have that would help me excel at the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a scenario where you were put in a difficult situation with a customer and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

our site, and in th

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Prof spoke to me for about an hour and then gave his decision in a couple of days. He tested me on my atlab skills in the previous semester when I was enrolled in a project under him.

Interview Questions

• Explain the projects that you have done in Matlab.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for an Graduate Assistant Position by submitting my resume and cover letter to HR. 1 month later I got a straight job offer from a Professor that asked me to work in coorperation with him.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was done onsite by 2 faculty members. Each of the pitched their experiences with the University and the objectives of the college. They then proceeded to ask me about my experience in teaching and assistance to the community. I answered clearly and felt OVERLY confident about the position I wanted. I even told them that my end goal is to make it further than Graduate Assistant but to a more establish teaching position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of input can you give to undergraduate students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Long (2days) interview process. Don't hesitate to repeat yourself as you talk to many different peoples!
    It is not about the science (basic qualification would do the trick), it is about how you would fit with people and students and plans for the next 2/3 years