CSU Long Beach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSU Long Beach Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.5

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied in person. They contacted me after 2-3 weeks to schedule an infernos interview.

Interview was easy and straightforward. Just be casual and be yourself and you will be fine.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They almost ALWAYS have another staff member in mind, but have to send the job out according to state regulations and interview at least three people. I never get the job, but always interviews

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening for half n hour. Then one to one interview with senior analyst. Personal interview is based on the past experience and technical skills (specially SQL). It was very friendly.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview: Asked about 11 questions in less than 15 minutes. There were three people on the call and the main interviewer seemed rushed. During two of the questions she could be heard whispering while I was talking, which was very distracting. They offered no additional information about the position when I asked and simply hung up after complete and didn't share any details about the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• What SIS do you use? How is this specific student population different from other students at our school? Key skills for being a good advisor? Follow up questions were asked for almost every answer I provided.   1 Answer

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview, inquired about why should I be hired?, what can I offer and various scenario questions that pertain to on the job experiences. It was a good interview, very informative and upfront, the interviewer clearly defined what would be expected of me if I were hired. I overall did enjoy the interview and the friendliness of the employers.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

It was fairly quick. They really wanted high performing students. It was for tutoring students in various subjects - and it was appointment based. There was an expectation of flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

first you apply online by following the job posting on the beachlink, ASI and 49ers jobs. Each website will ask you to fill out the necessary detail in thier employment form. A resume is asked accordingly. The employment form and resume is submitted and sometimes a cover letter is also asked. If it is necessary. This application is received adn reviewed by the potential employer. If employer is interested they will call you for an interview. The intervieww is a smooth and quiet relaxing process.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a basic HR interview. The process was clearly defined in the email. After submitting the resume online they sent an email to confirm interview schedule. The interview was 15 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work for this department?   1 Answer

Tech Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. There was a short test on basic hardware components. If you've ever built your own computer you should be fine for the small test. They are looking for people with experience with active directory, but if you don't have the experience, make sure you let them know you are willing to learn how to use it.

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSU Long Beach (Long Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Prof spoke to me for about an hour and then gave his decision in a couple of days. He tested me on my atlab skills in the previous semester when I was enrolled in a project under him.

Interview Questions

• Explain the projects that you have done in Matlab.   1 Answer