CSU San Bernardino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

3.3

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino (San Bernardino, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a panel of three (supervisor and two incumbents). I was asked several questions about my research experience, how I have managed previous projects, overcome obstacles, and what kind of experience I have managing large data sets.

Administrative Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Ten questions that relate to the job description. Easy if you have experience. They cannot go off the script AT ALL. Typically there is a panel of 3 people and an Human Resources representative to make sure that they stay on the script.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have using PeopleSoft and Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple as I was just asking for a paid internship. The interview consisted of having a one on one conversation with the professor in charge of the program and deciding if this was the internship for me.

Student Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

No interview was performed but was asked if I desired the position. The hiring process was difficult since it required signatures from different departments (professor, department chair, dean of the college, etc). As a current student at the time, it was not easy to work around my schedule.

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino (San Bernardino, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Asked questions about how I worked in both a team setting and an individual and a team setting, then moved into asking me what experience I had. Then went into a few technical questions and one programming question.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in both a team setting and an individual setting?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two people conducted the interview. Both asked various questions about experience and SHRM involvement. They asked why I wanted to intern at CSUSB, how much experience I had with collecting and soliciting donations, what I wanted to get from the internship.

Interview Questions

• Several of the questions seemed to be more marketing related   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because it was an internship there were no negotiations

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and thorough. I was asked questions about how I would handle situations where students were frustrated with my style of tutoring. I was questioned how well I could handle the stress that would come with the job and what I would do when faced with stressful and frustrating events.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student did not understand what you just explained?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you didn't know how to solve a problem?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if the student was completely frustrated because they don't understand the material?   1 Answer

Bookstore Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSU San Bernardino (San Bernardino, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed during open interview, went good. I got the job as did several classmates but they didnt offer that many hours because theyre were so many of us so that was bad. Other, it went well and good job. Easy to go to class and go to work cus it was all in one place and the place had good air conditioning.