Cabot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabot (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on the company career website and received an email from recruiter in about two weeks for an initial phone screen. It took a much longer time actually come in for the on site interview as the hiring manager was travelling.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mostly around past experience and the interviewers tried to correspond them with the actual job requirement, which is somewhat different from what they put in the JD.   Answer Question

Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cabot (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a brief and engaging phone interview with one of their recruiters and then scheduled a face to face interview with a C level executive. The face to face interview went well but, coming from a different industry seemed to be an issue. A majority of my experience was international and unfortunately that was not viewed as positively as I had hoped.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the most rewarding experiences from my previous position?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cabot (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two phone call screening interviews plus one interview in-person interview at the HQ in Boston. The phone call interviews were with Global Segment Managers. The in-person interview was with the Global Marketing Manager for one of Cabot's Businesses. Interview process was generally well organized, though some flexibility is required from the applicant in terms of position he/she applies for versus position he/she is invited for the interview. I ended up enjoying the internship, but that was not the internship project I initially applied for.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interviews were more fit-like interviews: Tell me about a time when you led a team? What are your main strengths/weaknesses? Why Cabot?
      In-person interview was role specific. I interviews with the Global Marketing Manager for one of their line of business and was asked to look at some data and interpret it: data analysis, market segmentation, pricing, etc.
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot (Billerica, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Situational interview questions. Personality questions etc. Talked to past experiences that my resume mentioned. Spoke about my skill set and how it applies to the position. Spoke about the many technologies and applications of Cabot products. Discussed company structure.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a group of people (above you in rank) who had differing views.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Interview

Interview began with a phone interview with HR and the direct supervisor, followed by an onsite interview where I delivered a presentation of my prior work and capabilities followed by interview with employees.

Interview Questions

• It was unexpected to have my former employees work mocked and questioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The only option was to take the offer or not.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabot.

Interview

I applied through my University website. Received an email regarding a phone interview from HR. Email said, _____ would be contacting me within a week. No call, I waited a week and sent her an email. No reply... Two weeks later, I called her office in Houston and left her a voicemail. She didn't call me back. I tried the initial human resources gentleman who sent me the email instructing me I would be interviewed, no reply to an email or voicemail. I didn't care so much because I received an offer from another company. A few weeks later I received an email from Cabot asking me to take a survey about their interview! I couldn't believe this. So I reported them to my University career center in hopes they won't be invited to post on there anymore.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cabot.

Interview

Met with several people over the course of a morning. Mostly fit-related questions. Interest in undergrad research experience. Particular emphasis on problem-solving. The interviewers were quite pleasant and laid back. One set of interviewers were peers, or other research associates/Sr. RAs. At least a couple PhD Scientists including the hiring manager also interviewed. HR was the last interviewer. Collegial atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate, but was denied.

Corporate Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone Screening and then 4 On-Site Interviews. Never heard back after interviews.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

My aunt works for the company. I didn't even apply. I had a phone interview, and a couple weeks later, a skype interview. I got the job, i think partially because my college was the same as one of the employees who hired me. The trickiest part of the whole process was understanding my interviewer who had a thick accent.

Interview Questions

• Just asked me about my experience, which was minimal at the time, and a few basic science questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot (Billerica, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Intervire process had 3 steps:

1) Phone screening - very basic to make sure I have the required tech skills.
    2) F2F interview at the site in Billerica I interviewed with the hiring manager and 2 other people in the team. Each of them asked me questions in different areas:
    - top level software design
    - programming and technical skills
    - relational database design
    3) I was selected for a final interview with the director of IT. No technical questions. Just going over my backgroud experience and ensure I was a good personality match.

The interview process took forever. I didn't think I would get the job, but after about 2 weeks after I interviewed with the IT director they called me to make me an offer.