Cadwalader Wickersham Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was very easy and relaxed, the people who interviewed me were very enthusiastic and/or nice. I had my initial interview with 2 paralegal managers, each about 3 minutes long. I had another interview the next week with 5 different partners and attorneys, then with a group of the paralegals.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a paralegal recruiter, who conducted the interview alone. I described my job history, answered a few questions and we spoke about the position and the department they were interviewing for. The interview process lasted about 40 minutes.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty easy. I met with the HR manager and an assistant. I explained to them that I was also a student and was not flexible for overtime. They were pretty understanding and assured me that I would not be required to work overtime.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were geared towards my past experiences working at other firms.   Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Went in to meet with 2 heads of corporate paralegals, had meeting in beautiful office with an amazing view. Both very nice and easy to talk, asking basic resume questions regarding previous experience in law and similar types of positions. Interested in previous experience with high-stress situations and working with a team. Accepted another offer before moving on to second round, which I was told would consist of meeting with several attorneys and other legal assistants.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Typical law interview call back, but all interviews were in the same room and the attorneys come to you. All interviews were one on one with 2 partners/Sr. Counsel and 2 associates. Each interview was 30 minutes each. Applied via school online board and received a callback directly without a phone screener.

Interview Questions

• What's the most boring thing you've ever done?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham.

Interview

Interviewed through school, and talked to them in a hospitality suite. Two attorneys bragged about their questionable role in the mortgage market failure. Left an extremely bad taste in my mouth. Strikes me as a terrible place to work.

Didn't get an offer, probably wouldn't have accepted one if I did. It clearly wasn't a good fit from the start.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham (New York, NY).

Interview

There are first and second round interviews. The first round, I met with a senior paralegal and a recruiter. The interview lasted about an hour, and most of it was them describing the job in great detail. The only interviewing we really did was them asking me about various things on my resume. No hard ball questions or anything.
    The second round was much more intense - I met with 11 different people total: 5 current paralegals and 6 different attorneys. The paralegals asked basic resume questions, but the attorneys were the ones more likely to throw out questions a little bit tougher. However, everyone was incredibly nice, conversational, and easy to connect with.

Associate (Lawyer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was set up by my school. It was a brief twenty five or thirty minute interview. I was interviewed by a relatively new associate from the firm. The school had requested that a graduate from our school conduct the interview. This particular interview was similar to a speed date in the sense that it was a really basic interview with the objective of just getting to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge that you faced in your first year of law school?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham.

Interview

I spoke to one of the paralegal managers over the phone, we discussed my background and inferest in law. We then scheduled a time for me to come in and meet with her and the manager for the department the position was in. Pretty straightforward interview, no unexpected questions. I didn't learn very much about the position or the day to day work, however I was told that if I made it to the next round, I would be meeting with the partners of the firm.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had 3 different interview here. The first was with 2 people from HR. It was VERY relaxed, no hard ball questions. The second interview (round two) I met with 6 different attorneys one-by-one for about 10 minutes each. Some of them asked questions like, "How did you deal with a tough situation at your previous internship?" but others just asked about my background. Then at the end, I met with all of the paralegals (5 of them) and they sat in a panel at one end of the room and interviewed me. It was sort of intimidating at first, but also a GREAT opportunity to ask them questions. After all, they are the ones who know the job best and can give you and honest opinion while the attorneys aren't in the room. Eventually I got word that everyone liked me at the interview, but that they thought i would be better in a different area. So my 3rd interview was with the current paralegal, a project manager, and one of the attorneys. It went well, was easy, and they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer