Cagwin & Dorward Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cagwin & Dorward

3.2

Arborist Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cagwin & Dorward (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews for account manager position for tree care branch of Cagwn&Dorward One with department manager and second with the account manager that I would be working, training with. Both interviews were very direct , no nonsense and professional. Their other employees in same position have been with the company for many years.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cagwin & Dorward in January 2014.

Interview

Very slow. These guys are super slow to respond and are totally unorganized. They had me show up and the District Manager was at the other office. They said sorry and scheduled me for two weeks out. Then I interviewed with someone else. She was nice but clearly did not know anything about the job that I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• We have the highest bill rate in the Bay Area for maintenance. How will you respond when a customer asks why should I pay you guys 40% more than the next company that's just as good.   1 Answer

They seem like they are only in it for the money

Irrigation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cagwin & Dorward in September 2012.

Interview

Process was straight forward and friendly. Strong company with good management. The process started with a referral from a friend. Followed by emails to schedule an interview.hey initially brought me in to interview, get an understanding of my skills and tried to fit me in to a position that they wanted to fill. The interview was a group interview process that moved quickly. The follow-up after the interview was a little disjointed and I had to call them to determine if their offering was comparable to other companies I was interviewing with. I think they were considering other applicants and some of the interviews took time for them to schedule. The position they offered me was not something I was interested in as a result of the pay rate and it didn't meet some other personal work schedule needs at that time.

Interview Questions

• What irrigation experience do you have that you can bring to our company and support our customers.   Answer Question

A position at another company offered more benefits.

Landscape Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cagwin & Dorward (Martinez, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

They spent a lot of time giving history of the company and selling the company. Most of it did not apply to the company as it is today. A lot of probing about my previous employer and trying to gather confidential information.

Interview Questions

• I know that you were involved with contract ******, how much was it worth?   Answer Question

They clearly are bogged down in trying to manage their process. They have too many different groups. Lots of micromanagement. In talking with other Account Managers, the pay is well below the market for this job in this area. There are a bunch of owners that have created a lot of overhead that the crews have extra burden to cover. They have a 'break even' bill rate that is 30% higher than other companies that I have worked for or interviewed with.

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cagwin & Dorward (Novato, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Networking in the landscape industry provided me a relationship with one of the owners of C&D. He connected me with the Construction Department Manager for an interview. They valued my field experience and asked detailed questions about my technical, management and leadership skills. They lived up to their reputation in the industry of being very professional.

Interview Questions

• What size and types of projects have you project managed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer, which i felt was fair. They offered a plan to review my performance and wage in 6 months.