Cal State East Bay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.6

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Ask about the subject and look at the GPA. they look at GPA of the graduate class and how much you got in that subject which you are going to teach. some detail question about the subject which you are going to take. and if have some recommendation for the job.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview.
    1:1 Interview
    In this person asked about which type of software are needed. My duties and what i suppose to do as a Teaching Assistant. How to check students assignments, projects etc.
    Then questions regrading my experience and course related questions.

MFT Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Group Interview with 5 other graduate applicants that took 1.5 hours long. We went about in a round about way going clock wise then counter clockwise. Ultimately, it was a great opportunity to get to know the professor and members of your cohort. You got to converse with your professor, as well as brainstorm and talk strictly with the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Q:What makes a great therapist?   1 Answer
    • Q:How would you help a gay teen (who hasn't come out of the closet) with his sexuality?   Answer Question
    • Q:Describe how you chose to become a MFT? Essentially, tell us who you are and what made you choose MFT among all the other helping professions.   Answer Question

Data Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview and there were five people taking the interview who had been working in different departments. They took interview for about an hour and it was pretty easy to answer the questions if you have good technical knowledge and basic understanding of the tasks.

Interview Questions

• Describe any project that was successful and also one project which was unsuccessful and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a the difference between a process flow and process?   Answer Question
    • Describe the figure ( random figure ) in your own words.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a non-technical person and explain business needs?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Hiring is based upon availability of work. Interview was for 20 mins. About general questions like skills and what I study. After interview there was background check and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a troubling situation that you handled with a angry customer and how?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process to know if you are a good fit, asked about educational background. Work ex if any and some STAR questions. Was made comfortable and did not indimidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, educational background, work ex, STAR questions, behavioral questions, basic understanding of how things work. situational questions, questions to see if you are a correct fit, and basic normal stuff   Answer Question

Academic and Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I met with the interview committee (comprised of 3-4 staff members) who asked me 18-20 questions related to academic advising, career counseling, time management, experience in Higher Education, and projects. The projects question included information about planning, implementation, and assessment of the project. First interview took 45-60 minutes. After meeting with the committee, I met with the entire staff (10-12) where they have free range to ask any questions. This second part took 15-30 minutes. Lastly, I had a one-on-one interview with the Director of the department. Similar questions were asked but mostly about why I wanted to work for CSUEB.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of CSUEB's policies regarding General Education requirements.   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted application. No interview was done. Received an email from administration saying that a professor would like to have you as her teaching assistant. At the end of the quarter, the professors asked if I would like to continue to work as a TA for them in the next quarter.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I was part of a school organization and one of the alumni working at the Research and Sponsored Program office had a job opening for an office assistant.
    I sent my resume to our alumnus and was emailed back within a couple of days asking for an interview time.
    The interview was fairly brief and painless. Although because it was my first interview ever, I was extremely nervous.
    A few of days later they emailed me a rejection.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      How much do you enjoy group work?
      Experience when you had to deal with uncooperative group members.
      Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

quick thinking questions, checks maturity levels, situational questions, tell me a instance where you had to meet a tight deadline and how you managed it?, Also questions about the softwares that you use and about your courseload

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone shouts at you at your job?   Answer Question