Cal State East Bay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cal State East Bay

2.6

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

it was easy, very positive experience. The staff members which included the counselors, director, office manager and the admin support - that interviewed me were very nice and professional. Could not have asked for a friendlier environment.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Interview

1 interview only. the questions asked were work experience, job expectation, work ethics, availability, subjects that i can tutor, some challenging situations that i can encounter during tutoring and their solutions, length of employment, methods of tutoring, orientations, trainings available. Got hired immediately after the interview. The interview was like chatting, no pressure at all. The director was nice and understanding.

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Structured interview with very specific questions pertaining to the duties associated with the job. Very minimal behavioral questions which was strange. Interviewed with a panel of subject matter experts. I would have to say it was a positive experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview with a lot of scenario or behavioral questions. The questions were not difficult and the committee was very approachable and friendly. They typically get back to you within a week or so after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Your definition of diversity and how it impacts your work   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a panel interview with a small groups of faculty and other staff members. The questions were structured regarding what would I do if?...The panel was receptive and easy to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a encountered a difficult person I was suppose to help?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview.
    1:1 Interview
    In this person asked about which type of software are needed. My duties and what i suppose to do as a Teaching Assistant. How to check students assignments, projects etc.
    Then questions regrading my experience and course related questions.

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply through corresponding Professor. The professor will ask some basic questions, and need a short presentation about yourself and why you want this position. Then fill the form, and apply to the corresponding department.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process to know if you are a good fit, asked about educational background. Work ex if any and some STAR questions. Was made comfortable and did not indimidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, educational background, work ex, STAR questions, behavioral questions, basic understanding of how things work. situational questions, questions to see if you are a correct fit, and basic normal stuff   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Hiring is based upon availability of work. Interview was for 20 mins. About general questions like skills and what I study. After interview there was background check and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a troubling situation that you handled with a angry customer and how?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview were very straightforward. Meet with the upper managements and coordinator, as well as senior student assistants who has been there for more than a year. Met with a panel of interviewers. Each asked questions regarding my experience, reasons for joining, and how my ability and skills will translate to this job.