Cal State East Bay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cal State East Bay

2.6

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

It took eight months to hire.
    I telephoned monthly to see if they were still hiring.
    After being told there would be two interviews a third was requested.
    The panel was made up of people from across campus

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay in October 2019.

Interview

Conducted over the phone with three members of the search committee present in a 30 minute format. The interviewers asked 10 questions, about half of which were related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in teaching students from underserved backgrounds?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay.

Interview

applied online, they reached out to me within 2 weeks, had interview on site and met with 3 of the team members, they were very welcoming, the interview took around and hour after it was done, I got an offer in couple of days

Interview Questions

• what would you do if multiple projects have been assigned to you at the same time?   Answer Question

Residence Life Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

This interview was very welcoming and relationship oriented. All the staff were super helpful and I felt cared for throughout the whole process. The on campus interview was a half day and not as long as other I have heard of.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a panel interview with a small groups of faculty and other staff members. The questions were structured regarding what would I do if?...The panel was receptive and easy to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a encountered a difficult person I was suppose to help?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Easy interview, not too many technical questions. A panel will take it, it will last for an hour. Behavioral situations were included, and knowledge of specific areas, in this case, how you build a communications plan, what metrics you’ll track or are important to you to know. What would you do with that data.

Student Instructor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Figuring out where funding would come from. This was most of the conversation. Loved to talk about the possibilities. Make sure you don’t let up on making sure you get funding, and don’t work overtime unless you’re trying to prove something.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience have I in this field. This question then went over the different aspects of the position. Also addressed my confidence in my ability to perform in the field.   1 Answer

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Structured interview with very specific questions pertaining to the duties associated with the job. Very minimal behavioral questions which was strange. Interviewed with a panel of subject matter experts. I would have to say it was a positive experience.

Student Transfer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They call you and have a phone interview for about 15 minute, then a short interview in the office. It was rather simple and upfront but they do look for students with a good GPA.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience relate to customer service?   Answer Question

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply through corresponding Professor. The professor will ask some basic questions, and need a short presentation about yourself and why you want this position. Then fill the form, and apply to the corresponding department.