California ISO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2016

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at California ISO

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California ISO.

Interview

Career Fair at university. Got a call a few weeks later asking for an interview. Skype interview with two people asking questions. The skype call kept going in and out and I had to keep asking them what they had asked me, but they seemed to be understanding. They were both friendly. There was only one interview. I got a call several weeks after the interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my favorite classes were. They asked me about certain parts of my resume. They wanted to know why I chose my major. They also asked me what type of work I wanted to be doing based on some things they had in mind.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California ISO.

Interview

Skype interview from home. Thanks to the career fair that I got the opportunity for the interview. There were 3 lead engineers. They were very friendly and asked general HR questions. They may even through random questions and take notes if they like your answer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult course you took in school? Why would you like to work here? What software do you know?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Fairly easy questions about weakness and strengths. All questions can be found in your typical interview question templates. The interview is usually with one person from HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What is a character weakness and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California ISO (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume in career fair and talked with one of their employee. Then I was asked to send my resume over via email. On the same day, I was contacted for an interview via email. The interview was scheduled couple days latter. It was a 30 mins interview with that employee and their team leader.

Interview Questions

• going through my resume. what I did in the past. any hypothesis testing experience   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California ISO (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

once resume was selected, HR called and asked experience and Visa status related question. Schedule for a telephonic round. After telephonic round, scheduled a face to face technical round.
    Every person in the panel asked 2-3 questions while I was standing and answering them. In the interview panel one Database person, one java/j2ee person, one QA/test person, team lead and Project manager.

Interview Questions

• A panel of 5-6 people was there in interview. They gave a scenario on a piece of printed paper and asked me to draw solution on board. Once I gave them solution they asked about each and every decision and thought process.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California ISO in April 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and comfortable setting even though it was over Zoom. Basic questions on my background and an emphasis on the projects I worked on specified in my resume. Questions were asked based on the projects and the tools I used. Also, a couple of HR questions to judge your ability as a team player

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my projects and my contribution in them   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

it was a 3 panel interview with 2 Information technology (IT) staff and 1 Human Resources (HR) staff. Interview was focused on people management (behavioral ) questions. The interview lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• 1. As a manager, how would you handle an impasse situation between you and your subordinate?
      2. Describe a situation where there was a conflict and how did you manage it
      3. As a manager, how would you guide your subordinates through changes in the organization
      4. Managing through excitement and camaraderie
      5. Describe a situation where you had an idea that was not widely popular and how did you go about convincing others
      6. Why do you want to be a people manager
      7. What does servant leadership mean to you
      8. Describe a crisis situation and how did you handle it
      9. What is the largest budget that you have managed?
      10. What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses with regards to this position
      11. Give an example of a situation where you had to discipline someone about their performance and you knew they would not be receptive to it
      Answer Question

Corporate Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is rather straightforward. If your application or resume interests them, the HR department will contact you for a Skype interview for the first round to get to know you more as an applicant. No technical questions in the first round.

Interview Questions

• How would you translate your experiences indicated on your resume to the workplace at the ISO?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California ISO in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with a recruiter at my colleges job fair. I was presented with an interview opportunity within the following three weeks. My interview was in person on site and was very conversational and casual. None of the questions were pressing, and it was a relaxed atmosphere. The next day I received an offer from someone in HR.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult, my interviewer used her own questions rather than ones provided by the company.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. I received a phone call to schedule a preliminary HR folks. That was a basic interview with two persons from HR. Then the next phase was a panel interview in which consisted of manager and fellow employees within the department. They asked fairly basic interpersonal and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe and instance you had when you've had a disagreement with a colleague, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question