California ISO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California ISO Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California ISO.

Interview

Selected for screening interview. My interview went very well. I didn't have any internship or full time experience in ISO. That was drawback.
    I think they prefer only candidates who has at least one year of experience in ISO in entry level position.

Transmission Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. I was contacted by CAISO's HR department within 10 days to schedule an onsite interview - no preliminary phone interview. I ended up scheduling the interview via CAISO's 3rd party relocation company.

I arrived for the interview 30 mins early due to not knowing the traffic situation and the timing of my flight. The campus is quite nice and it appeared there were a number of non-business related events going on as part of an employee wellness program. Everyone looked like they were happy to be at work.

I met the HR liaison after a 20 minute wait and was led into a small side conference room to interview with the Operations Director, two Ops Shift Managers & the HR liaison. They asked the same questions that others have posted on Glassdoor. Afterward they said it would be a few weeks before they made their decision.

I flew home and waited.

A couple weeks later I reached out to speak to the HR liaison to let them know I was still interested in the position. They said they would have a decision in a week and would let me know. A couple weeks after that I reached out to them again and found out the person handling my candidate profile was on vacation. I reached out to the HR department in general to find out the status of my candidacy and they said they'd get back to me. The next day I received a form letter stating I wasn't picked for the position. This was 9 weeks after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a command decision and what came of it?   Answer Question
    • What methods can be used to control voltage?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California ISO (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got my first round of interview through university. There were 3 people interviewing me, a former intern, a professor, and a representative. They were pretty friendly and the interview was on campus.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my major and what I was hoping to get out of the experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California ISO.

Interview

Career Fair at university. Got a call a few weeks later asking for an interview. Skype interview with two people asking questions. The skype call kept going in and out and I had to keep asking them what they had asked me, but they seemed to be understanding. They were both friendly. There was only one interview. I got a call several weeks after the interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my favorite classes were. They asked me about certain parts of my resume. They wanted to know why I chose my major. They also asked me what type of work I wanted to be doing based on some things they had in mind.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California ISO.

Interview

Skype interview from home. Thanks to the career fair that I got the opportunity for the interview. There were 3 lead engineers. They were very friendly and asked general HR questions. They may even through random questions and take notes if they like your answer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult course you took in school? Why would you like to work here? What software do you know?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California ISO (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview. It was friendly and very direct. there were two interviewers. One was the manager. I was asked to introduce myself and explain what i knew about the company and how it works. What i can bring to the company and where i see myself in the next 3 years.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the ISO Market and how it works?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Fairly easy questions about weakness and strengths. All questions can be found in your typical interview question templates. The interview is usually with one person from HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What is a character weakness and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California ISO (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume in career fair and talked with one of their employee. Then I was asked to send my resume over via email. On the same day, I was contacted for an interview via email. The interview was scheduled couple days latter. It was a 30 mins interview with that employee and their team leader.

Interview Questions

• going through my resume. what I did in the past. any hypothesis testing experience   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California ISO (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

once resume was selected, HR called and asked experience and Visa status related question. Schedule for a telephonic round. After telephonic round, scheduled a face to face technical round.
    Every person in the panel asked 2-3 questions while I was standing and answering them. In the interview panel one Database person, one java/j2ee person, one QA/test person, team lead and Project manager.

Interview Questions

• A panel of 5-6 people was there in interview. They gave a scenario on a piece of printed paper and asked me to draw solution on board. Once I gave them solution they asked about each and every decision and thought process.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California ISO in April 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and comfortable setting even though it was over Zoom. Basic questions on my background and an emphasis on the projects I worked on specified in my resume. Questions were asked based on the projects and the tools I used. Also, a couple of HR questions to judge your ability as a team player

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my projects and my contribution in them   1 Answer