California State University, Northridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California State University, Northridge Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge.

Interview

Writing assignment, committee/panel interview with staff from your department as well as staff from HR and interview with Director. Process can take months which can be frustrating if you are out of work.

Interview Questions

• A committee of 5-8 people will read questions off a piece of paper and write down your answers as you speak.   Answer Question

Student Library Web Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge (Northridge, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I emailed my resume in, and was asked to schedule an interview after following up. The interview was pretty standard, in a relaxed and welcoming environment. I was interviewed by the Library's Web Programmer (my to-be supervisor), and his supervisor. I was given a list of the interview questions at the start.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with HTML/CSS/Javascript?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a situation where you had to resolve a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Student Membership Services Assistant - SRC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge (Northridge, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A few weeks after applying online, I received a phone call regarding the position I applied to and was offered an interview later that week. When I went in for an interview, I was introduced by one of the managers that worked at the SRC. He then informed me that he would not be the only one interviewing me. There were three more interviewers as I walked into the room. I greeted each of them one by one, and they proceeded to take turns asking me questions. Afterwards, I was then allowed to ask them any questions. They then informed me that they will let me know within the next three weeks whether I got the position or not.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge.

Interview

This is a whole day process, and I was scheduled for a teaching demonstration, research talk, and lunch and reception with the faculty and students from the department. People are friendly, and the campus is good. But the whole-day interview is just a bit tiring.

Meeting Room Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge (Northridge, CA).

Interview

Receive a call which invites you to an interview. The interview is done in a panel which usually involves the supervisor and two or more employees who have been working there for some time. Questions are behavioral, customer service and time management related.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how did you address it   Answer Question
    • Do you have any problems working with people of different cultures?   Answer Question
    • What makes you qualified for this job? (This is to check if you actually read the job description)   Answer Question
    • They ask a scenario question which checks if you can prioritize goals.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge.

Interview

The interview panel consisted of 2 staff members and 2 student assistants. They asked questions about my strengths and weaknesses, how i plan on overcoming them. They asked how i will benefit from this job. They also asked what i know about their company. they were writing notes as they interviewed me and asked me to define certain terms.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours and how will this job help you overcome it?   Answer Question

Mentor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge.

Interview

It was a good one. Robert was very understanding and flexible with schedules. I enjoyed being a mentor for Math department during my tenure with them. I worked there for 2 years.

Accounting Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds for the interview. First was the phone interview and the second one was in person interview. They asked me about behavioral and situational questions. I am still waiting for the results.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from an employer?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge (Northridge, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Hiring was based on class participation and past projects done during bachelors and various CAD courses and other programs learnt till that particular time. Even the employee communication and projects were reviewed during the selection process.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at California State University, Northridge (Northridge, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal interview. Basic competence and really just screening to see if you would fit in with the vibes of the office. i.e are you friendly, have a sense of humor ,etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide a schedule?   1 Answer