Callaway Golf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Callaway Golf

2.7

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I would rate the hiring process better than average when I was hired 11 years ago. I had a series of interviews with regional manager, human resources and National Sales Manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• I was not blindsided by any odd or uncomfortable questions. Most of the questions were easily answer based on my experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation needed. They provided me with a relocation package and the compensation plan was based on the level of the job and the territory volume.

Associate Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf in August 2017.

Interview

The screening consisted of motivation and background questions, which would have been followed up by an interview with a phone interview with the engineering manager and then in person interviews at the facility in Carlsbad, CA.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Callaway Golf as an Associate Product Designer?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Callaway Golf.

Interview

After meeting recruiters at a career fair, I received a call back for a Skype Panel Interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The panel consisted of Engineers from different departments. Gave me mostly a non-technical interview, but threw in a few technical questions to get a feel for how much I knew.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with plastic injection molding?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you faced a large obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online after my university notified me that there was an opening. I was contacted via E-mail to set up a phone interview with Human Resources that lasted about 10-20 minutes. Then I was later asked to interview in-office with a panel of about 3-4 managers, which lasted about 40-60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all easy to answer. Most difficult would be "What is something happening in the business world that we at Callaway would be interest in hearing?" Many were behavioral. An unexpected question was "What was the last book that you read?" and then what was it about, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by the recruiter. I submitted my resume which was shared to the hiring team. I got a call in couple days for scheduling a telephonic interview. The overall interview process was very smooth and the communication of the recruitment team was awesome during the whole process. In all i had couple of telephonic interviews, couple of Skype interviews and then on-site interviews with the team in Carlsbad. I received good communication after each interview phase.

Senior Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Initial communication - Recruiter
    Interview process - Initial HR screening phonecall followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and finally an on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• It was more about how to look at a business process.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screening with HR. Then I had a phone interview with someone from the project team. Lastly, I had an in-person interview consisting of panel interview with 4 people from project team, panel interview with 3 people from R&D team, interview with one person from HR. The interview questions were general questions. They seemed to be looking for someone with a great sports background and interest. The project team was a little bro-y, but not in a bad way. They seem to be very close and looking for someone with similar personality. Everyone was courteous and nice. I knew I wasn't a good fit for the job as the interview progressed, but I appreciated the time all the staff took to interview me. I was given a generic rejection email within a week. Some companies don't even bother to send rejection emails, so I appreciated getting one.

Interview Questions

• Did you play any sports in school? What do you know about golf? How would you do X, Y, and Z in MATLAB? Based on the statistical information provided (a sheet of stats info was provided), what variables would you say are important in this experiment? Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Not very happy with the response and unhelpful. They do not respond or give chances. The people in the company are very difficult to reach or ask questions.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Second interview was a Skype call. Got an offer a few days later. Really enjoyed the interview process and working with the recruiters. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my programming experience and some basic statistics questions.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

After leaving the interview, I felt it went terrible. I got a call and accepted the offer an hour later.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you follow in regards to attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.