Callaway Golf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the internal recruiter. Then a follow up phone screen with the two members of the Human Resources team that would be working most closely with the candidate.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

two phone calls with HR and my future manager, a full day onsite interview with practical testing, math test with trig and volume, density, mass questions. multiple individual interviews and a panel interview

Interview Questions

• HR: explain when you had a conflict with a co worked and how did you deal with it
      manager: show me how you would approach this problem....can you use the CAD system to make a free form shape, change its size and have the shape update?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Callaway Golf.

Interview

After meeting recruiters at a career fair, I received a call back for a Skype Panel Interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The panel consisted of Engineers from different departments. Gave me mostly a non-technical interview, but threw in a few technical questions to get a feel for how much I knew.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with plastic injection molding?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you faced a large obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later got a call from HR for a phone screening. Simply talked through my resume. A week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which only lasted about 15 minutes. They invited me for an in person interview in two weeks. In person interview was a little under 5 hours and interviewed with a different team member every 30 minutes to an hour.

It seemed like a great place to work, but I could tell that I was not a great fit for the position. I had a pretty technical background and they wanted a dedicated CAD modeler. They were nice enough to call me and let me know I did not get the position, but that was over 3 weeks after the interview process. I am assuming they were waiting for other candidates to accept/decline their offer first.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personality and talking about my background. I was given a golf club head and asked how I would model it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I would rate the hiring process better than average when I was hired 11 years ago. I had a series of interviews with regional manager, human resources and National Sales Manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• I was not blindsided by any odd or uncomfortable questions. Most of the questions were easily answer based on my experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation needed. They provided me with a relocation package and the compensation plan was based on the level of the job and the territory volume.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Great response from HR. Stuck with me til I had a job with them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online after my university notified me that there was an opening. I was contacted via E-mail to set up a phone interview with Human Resources that lasted about 10-20 minutes. Then I was later asked to interview in-office with a panel of about 3-4 managers, which lasted about 40-60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all easy to answer. Most difficult would be "What is something happening in the business world that we at Callaway would be interest in hearing?" Many were behavioral. An unexpected question was "What was the last book that you read?" and then what was it about, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Principal SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

They post jobs on Dice. You interview with 4 or 5 people for 40 minutes each. Pretty easy process. Not too time consuming. Laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None except reloc expeneses.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

initial phone interview on the spot. No appointment or advance notice. No contact in advance at all. Called during the workday. Put on the spot, demanding current salary and would not give their salary range. Left very unsettled not knowing if my range was reasonable. Due to economy and business hiring more educated people for a lot less, its difficult to know what is reasonable expected pay today.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary   1 Answer

Demo Day Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Referred by fellow professional. They were looking for new representatives as they had lost a few. The position is seasonal. The interview was casual as it was referral based.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience did I have. Playing experience. Experience with Trackman.   1 Answer