Calpine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calpine Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calpine in April 2017.

Interview

Online application via Career Builder followed by a phone interview. The manager was the leader of the team the intern would be working with, and was quite approachable. The phone interview was rather weird because of near constant interruptions on the managers end.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Mechanical Engineering Manager and was asked if I had any questions and then I was asked about my resume. I just asked multiple questions that I had about the job itself and then answered what he wanted to know regarding my resume

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Calpine in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, they asked poor questions based on past history, they seemed to want yes or no answers. Ended up being 7 minutes long, somehow I moved onto the next round of interviews, was closer to a 45 minute interview also over the phone with a project manager.

Plant Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Calpine (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with hr for screening.

Phone call with hiring manager and site leader with technical questions.

On site interview with panel.

The on site was horrible they didn't have any planned questions they just asked whatever thought came to their head. No structure no planning very unprofessional.

To top it off they never contacted me to tell me I didn't get the job. All the other company I've dealt with I've gotten an email and most times a phone call if I've made it to the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• do you know what a relay is?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met the department managers, including the manager, the director, the VP and the SVP. Later met some staff employees in the department. Discussed the background and the working experiences. The whole experience was good.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with a VP who asked no questions about the position. I think they were more interested in satisfying an internal candidate than actually pursuing the position. Felt to me like they already had their candidate. Like most companies interview was an appeasement as I am sure they already had the candidate they wanted before posting the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply?
      What makes you qualified for the position?
      Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. HR phone interview - Very general behavioral questions - 30 mins
    2. Manager phone interview - Just asked to go down resume - 30 - 45 mins
    3. Director phone interview - Just asked to go down resume - 30 mins
    4. In person interview with manager/director - More of a confirmation I am the person on the phone (this stage was not even necessary)
    5. In person interview with team - 15 minute interview with each team member

Interview Questions

• Interview just consisted of me going down my resume and speaking to my experience.   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Calpine.

Interview

First interview was very basic and over the phone.
    Second one on location with 2 individuals at the same time. Interview was again very simple, going through experience and resume. A few behavioral questions.

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

Standard interview process with HR screening and asking background questions over the phone. Scheduled an interview in person for two weeks later. Interviewed with two people, a lead and the manager/supervisor of the position who asked general questions on background and provided an overview of the job.

They could improve turn around time of letting candidates know/not know if they were selected for a position. After 5 weeks of silence it became apparent they hired someone else but the lead HR rep be sent an email stating that they hired someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me to explain the position to her....   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

One interview that took a little over an hour. Awesome people! Honestly this is a great company and I have had the best experience! My advice is just to be confident in yourself and your capabilities and the interview will go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience and what was on my resume   Answer Question