Calpine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calpine Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

Maintenance Technician Interview

Interview

Standard process...apply online, get an interview and wait. Very relaxed interview and plant tour. However, my main complaint was the communication process. Was told it would take 3-4 weeks to hear if I had an offer. Asked for updates at week 3 or 4 from corporate HR and was getting blown off by HR woman. Emailed corporate HR again at week 6 asking for an update. 2 hours later I have a generic 'thanks but no thanks' rejection email in my inbox. Maybe I'm old school but I expected to get a phone call or, at the very least, a personalized email. I feel it is very impersonal to send rejection emails like that.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calpine in April 2017.

Interview

Online application via Career Builder followed by a phone interview. The manager was the leader of the team the intern would be working with, and was quite approachable. The phone interview was rather weird because of near constant interruptions on the managers end.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Mechanical Engineering Manager and was asked if I had any questions and then I was asked about my resume. I just asked multiple questions that I had about the job itself and then answered what he wanted to know regarding my resume

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Calpine in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, they asked poor questions based on past history, they seemed to want yes or no answers. Ended up being 7 minutes long, somehow I moved onto the next round of interviews, was closer to a 45 minute interview also over the phone with a project manager.

Plant Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Calpine (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with hr for screening.

Phone call with hiring manager and site leader with technical questions.

On site interview with panel.

The on site was horrible they didn't have any planned questions they just asked whatever thought came to their head. No structure no planning very unprofessional.

To top it off they never contacted me to tell me I didn't get the job. All the other company I've dealt with I've gotten an email and most times a phone call if I've made it to the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• do you know what a relay is?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met the department managers, including the manager, the director, the VP and the SVP. Later met some staff employees in the department. Discussed the background and the working experiences. The whole experience was good.

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through college recurring. First round was the phone interview. Then was invited to Houston to have the final round. The processing time was pretty long. The interview questions were all behavioral question.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with a VP who asked no questions about the position. I think they were more interested in satisfying an internal candidate than actually pursuing the position. Felt to me like they already had their candidate. Like most companies interview was an appeasement as I am sure they already had the candidate they wanted before posting the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply?
      What makes you qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calpine (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. HR phone interview - Very general behavioral questions - 30 mins
    2. Manager phone interview - Just asked to go down resume - 30 - 45 mins
    3. Director phone interview - Just asked to go down resume - 30 mins
    4. In person interview with manager/director - More of a confirmation I am the person on the phone (this stage was not even necessary)
    5. In person interview with team - 15 minute interview with each team member

Interview Questions

• Interview just consisted of me going down my resume and speaking to my experience.   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Calpine.

Interview

First interview was very basic and over the phone.
    Second one on location with 2 individuals at the same time. Interview was again very simple, going through experience and resume. A few behavioral questions.