Caltex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caltex Interview Questions

2.7

Commercial and Marketing Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caltex.

Interview

A presentation given by the head of marketing
    Group activity--- in a group 5 five, we were given a case study and had to present the final ideas to the panel
    written presentation --- type the brief on a computer, and present your recommendations to the interviewer
    one on one interview--behavioural type

Very friendly and relaxing atmosphere, a lot of food provided too

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caltex (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2013.

Interview

1 interview. More like a conversation. Caltex spent most of the time describing the role to me and did not ask me any questions. Felt very comfortable in the interview with my to be Manager. I could tell it was going to be a good fit. Good looking and interesting office environment.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Caltex (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

Job was advertised on SEEK. A recruiter contacted me and mediated the process. I had two phone interviews and then an in person interview. The phone interviews were very unstable - lots of static which made it difficult. Not Skype. Psychometric testing was done part way through this process and the last step was reference checks.

Interview Questions

• Very typical behavioral questions. ie tell me about a time when you...   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caltex in October 2010.

Interview

What do you know about the company?

Interview Questions

• A questions was about application of technical knowledge.   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calauag, Province of Quezon (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caltex (Calauag, Province of Quezon (Philippines)) in October 2009.

Interview

you be more aggressive to your answers to all their question and be attentive as you are....show them you could be a good asset of the company.

Interview Questions

• on how you will help the company to improve it sales.   1 Answer

because i need to to leave the town.

Commercial Decision Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caltex (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2008.

Interview

Long and frustrating process that involved pre-screeing for culture fit by Corporate HR & then other interviews & skills test with the Hiring Manager /Business HR followed by more interviews with other senior managers (who changed their mind re hiring me with no explanation).

Interview Questions

• Are you able to raise prices in a declining market?   1 Answer
    • How would you determine whether to sponsor the aust tennis or not?   1 Answer

Engineering Services Procurement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caltex (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2008.

Interview

Internal Employee Referred the job to me
    Interviewed with my the department manager and his boss.
    Went through experience, capabilities new manager's expectations and all the other standard interview questions.
    Next online paychometric evaluation followed with an independent psych evaluation agency. The test was about 3hrs long and this examination was observed and feedback was given immediately.
    Medical test followed.
    After which the hiring manager called to tell me i was successful and pitched me the pay. I had to negotiate and after which he fed told HR what he wanted and a letter of offer was sent out.

Interview Questions

• How would you relate your expereince with this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. HR had a HAYS matrix that is normally applied for all Caltex positions and their levels are transparent. I told the department manager that i'd like something more than being in the lower limit of my pay scale and was given the amount that I asked for. Then again I pitched a bit low. But I was told that after a year the chances of me going up a pay scale were significant. And now at the year end, I am pretty confident of achieving that target. Bonuses for this year seem pretty good so far.

When hiring with Caltex there is a ~50 odd number. Pay attention to that number as it is the pay grade that has been assigned to that position. Each pay grade has an upper and lower limit. find that limits and try to aim to obtain closer to the upper limit of that pay grade. Asking for more than that, might put the hiring manager off, but then again maybe you are worth it.