Caltrans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caltrans Interview Questions

Interviews at Caltrans

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caltrans.

Interview

I got an invitation to have an in-person interview about a week after the closing date but because I live in east coast, I asked them about the possibility of having the interview via video conference. Although it took them about a week to figure out the logistics, the hiring manger was nice enough to arrange the interview through video conference.

The interview included half an hour verbal Q/A followed by 15 min written exam. The written exam was very straightforward and was pretty much the same as one of the questions in the verbal interview. There were 3 persons in the panel and round table questions. The conversations were pretty formal and I got the impression that they just wanted to be as neutral as possible. The interview was generally simple and flexible and at the end they gave me the chance to go back and complete any of my previous answers.

They contacted my references 3 days later and then the hiring manger directly called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your education and experience. Why are you interested in this position and what qualifies you.   3 Answers

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caltrans (San Diego, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Casual setting in an on-campus format. Both interviewers were easy to talk to and very knowledgable. Great experience. One interview and received an offer via email shortly after. I would have taken the offer if not for a paid position that was offered.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caltrans (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

It was a easy going interview but, they asked about 10 questions, I recommend you read more about caltrans and their project and how are they efficient. I think it was a good interview in general however you should know more about the company.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a great engineer   1 Answer

Acting Senior Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caltrans (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Was interviewed by a Senior and Acting Chief in the Division of Maintenance. I thought the interview went well (they all do but it means nothing with the typical outcome where the candidate is ghosted) and was told I would hear back within 4 hours the same day. Four hours passed, Acting Chief did not follow through with calling back as he said he. No employer should give candidates a specific time window if they can’t follow. It’s unprofessional, shows a lack of regard and doesn’t build trust.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caltrans.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 3 per chosen questions. The interview was pretty average. Applied online and then got the call to interview. The job was a GIS related so they concentrated on asking questions about that.

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caltrans (Oakland, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

the interview had a lot of very technical interview questions and also some basic behavioral questions the technical questions where on concrete and material science, others on bridge construction

Interview Questions

• what i would do if there is a project to build a bridge over a historic
      gave me floor plans and 5 mins to review a project details   1 Answer

Deputy Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caltrans (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in person approximately a month and a half later. The interview consisted of a three-person panel. You are asked to read questions (I believe there were 14) in a binder and then answer them. The interviewers may have follow up questions following your answers. There are some hypotheticals that will test your legal analysis and at the end of the "question and answer" portion, you are given a fact pattern (you choose one out of three) where you are asked to provide a discovery plan and then give an opening statement. It was a very formal process, did not have room for any questions or conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some friendships you formed in the workplace.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caltrans.

Interview

I applied and received an invitation for an interview right away. There were many others who were being interviewed. I received a contingency offer even before driving home. Took the physical exam, but accepted an offer elsewhere. It's been almost a year, I've been following up on the reimbursement at least twice a month and still haven't been reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how your strengths would make you a good employee at Caltrans.   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caltrans (Alameda, CA).

Interview

Written and oral interview. Asked questions related to the job so make sure you know the job duty. Also tie in past experience to the job.

Panel of three people they each ask you questions. The interview questions are also presented to you

Interview Questions

• Typical planning questions, familiarity with CEQA, Project Initiation Document   Answer Question

SSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caltrans (Sacramento, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Mostly customer service questions and very calm environment. Took 3 weeks as described in CalTrans hiring process. However I have yet to hear from them it's been about 7 months now. No rejection letters as of yet.