Calypso St. Barth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calypso St. Barth Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived a little early so I had time to look around and get more of a feel for the store. The hiring manager was super nice, and we had our interview in the back room. We talked most of my work experience and my lack of experience in the retail industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The "VP" was 25 minutes late and unprepared - did not look my at resume prior. Questions were made up at the time and she had no info on my background orcompanies I had worked for. Disrespectful and cold demeanor. I almost felt like she was being forced to do the interview. The office was cold, dirty and dreary - un-welcoming, non creative environment. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Interview Questions

• What was your best and worst day at your existing job like?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Fairly quick process. I was requested by e-mail if I would be interested in the position. It seemed as if they kept my resume on file from a couple years back and reached out. It was surprising but I checked out the position just to see if it would peak my interest. After the interview I got a call the next week offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths. Describe a situation in which you gave excellent customer service. Are you familiar with our brand?   Answer Question

I declined due to recent reviews of high turn-over which is probably related to the new chart for commission. If I were to take the job it would be for the commission. Since this store does not have a lot of foot traffic in combination with too many reps on the sales floor; it became quite clear why the turn-over is high.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview (which the DM was late for our scheduled time), followed by Skype interview with DM at a later date. Lastly there was a phone interview with the Stores Director. The interview process was strange. The DM and Stores Director did not seem as polished as I would have expected from a company like this. It had more the feeling of being interviewed for consideration for joining a sorority.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the table as a SM for Calypso St. Barth.
      Discuss ideas that I have to bring business to the store location.
      What organizations have I been involved with to be able to bring business to the store.
      Many of the questions came across as the company being disparate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made the decision to not take this position because it wreaked of a sinking ship.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through an agency and I got called in for an interview the next week. The interview went alright, but they wanted someone with more experience with financial documents for the job. I found out a week or two later that they went with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? What did you think of previous supervisors? Why did you leave those jobs?   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Talked with the manager, whom I knew from a previous employer. She recommended me for hire as we had previously worked together. I was hired as a part-time keyholder in early November 2014.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position posted on Craigslist and received an email with contact info to set up an interview, went to the interview and the girl conducting it got of track several times and when she realized she had another appointment she handed me her business card with an email address and that was it. I followed up within a couple days and never heard back, not even a courtesy reply. Rude!

Interview Questions

• Since you have another job can you start work at 10am on Saturdays?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth (The Woodlands, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Very informal, I was a customer for about a year and I applied for a position. I was interviewed at a local food chain by the manager & asm

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy. I applied online and heard back in less than a week. I met with two managers and was hired after that. However it took about another 2 or 3 weeks before I started working there. They said that my paperwork had to be approved.

Interview Questions

• Describe your style? What makes you excited about this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to negotiate! I did not, and I wish I would have.

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calypso St. Barth (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager. She asked me basic interview questions and got to know about my retail history. Interview was short and quick and the manager kept things very light and made me feel very comfortable and not nervous at all

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite job?   1 Answer