Camping World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.0

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Camping World (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Recruiter found me via LinkedIn, had one phone interview followed by an in person interview at the corporate office in Linconshire and was made an offer within one day of the final interview. The offer was close to industry average for the position in terms of salary. I ended up declining the offer for a few reasons; mainly because the benefits package wasn't anything close to what this sort of position would have at other organizations. To be fair, they are very up front about the benefits package, it just wasn't right for me at the time.

Interview Questions

• Same sort of questions you'd expect for a marketing role, some more tech based than others.   1 Answer

F and I Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Camping World.

Interview

Spoke to VP about position, asked some probing questions, and about work history. Was very straight forward and to the point. Questions we're mostly about penetration and numbers. Took one day for a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are penetrating numbers in regards to F and I products.   Answer Question

Detailer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Camping World.

Interview

Brief back and forth with management. Expectations were explained mostly in detail and beginning wage was easily discussed, raises not discussed but advancement opportunities were brought up and discussed in a very indirect manor. Questions that were asked directly were answered in a direct manor and management seemed very honest and up-front about expectations from employees.

RV Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Camping World in July 2016.

Interview

Wonderful! The management staff that oversaw the interview were extremely helpful and thorough throughout the whole process. They were prompt in their communication and contact with me and I really felt not only valued, but also engaged. I would love to interview for them again.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that you will work under pressure and with a team?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camping World (O'Fallon, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

very poor questioning by unqualified personnel, apparently already had position filled and was deterring people with high management to accepting sales positions. Lasted 6 minutes ... interviewer rarely looked into my eyes during discussions or questions.

Interview Questions

• what were your margins as a salesperson?   1 Answer

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in O Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Camping World (O Fallon, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy interview at a job fair in Ofallon, MO. Interviewer was nice and looked me in the eye.
    A was very to the point. The only answer he did not have was about health care costs. 20 minute interview mainly focused on what do you bring to the table? Was contacted within 3 days with an offer and accepted. The store is new construction so I was also given a good guarantee salary until the store is up and running. Position is Salary plus Commision.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Camping World (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy interview with two of the managers. They met with me in the office and had me fill out some basic paperwork. They offered me the job on the spot and i started the next day

RV Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Camping World (New Braunfels, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was more of a "meet the boss" time. He was so desperate to hire salespeople that he didn't really interview me. Sales Turnover was rampant. I saw all but one guy leave during my 15 months. The training program is non-existent. When you approach the sales desk they act like you're interrupting the games on their phone. It took an act of god to get one of them to actually help you close a sale.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Camping World (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

2 Phone Interviews and 1 In-Person interview with Director and other team members. There did not seem to be any organized approach to the interview process. I received mixed messages from high ranking members in the process. Led to believe I would be contacted with an offer. Never heard back from anyone. Made several attempts to get some closure to the process. No response. No letter to close the loop. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some Behavioral related questions mixed with general questions and information about company.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Camping World (Bowling Green, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted to schedule a phone interview within a couple of weeks. This gave me time to prepare for the interview and research additional information on the company. I was not very impressed with the interviewer as she didn't give any feedback or responses to my answers.