Camtek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Camtek

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camtek (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I felt discriminated during the interview as the director constantly mentioning about my size and weight. The director also mentioned that I am the perfect candidate, cause my skills and experiences in related systems.

Interview Questions

• Differences of C and C++? and can C++ use C library   Answer Question
    • base troubleshooting questions with systems and computer?   Answer Question
    • What type of person and personality you are?   1 Answer

Electronic Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camtek (Bloomington, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

There were about 5 interviews (5 different people). They did not know what to ask me. Don't bother with this company. I worked there for about 2 months. I was well on track to learning the job, but they fired me without warning. I had trouble seeing the smaller surface mount components when hot air soldering and they refused to get me a needed microscope. They also failed to provide me with proper soldering tips as well as proper soldering equipment. They also failed to get me acess to test equipment. In the end they told me I was being fired for lack of productivity. Clearly they are looking for Rock stars that can see very well. Don't bother with them. They have a VERY high turnover rate. I saw good people come and go during the short stay. The environment is nothing short of oppressive.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult. They do not know what to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. It was take it or leave it. They offered what I suggested as a minimum and no more. If you get an offer,
    don't take it. They are looking for solderers, not Electronic Technicians. The job is 95% soldering. They are as close to a sweat shop as I have ever seen. You will be expected to be seated all the time.