CannonDesign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CannonDesign Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do a phone interview. The interview itself was very basic and average (nothing to worry about), but what really bothered me is that they never followed up either way. I had the phone interview over a month ago. I'm ASSUMING I didn't move forward in the interview process because they never reached out again, but it would have been nice to receive an email letting me know. It's incredibly rude and inconsiderate of this company to waste applicants' time like this. If I'm going to spend time doing a phone interview with you, the LEAST you can do is send me a half-hearted, computer-generated rejection email. To completely blow off applicants who spent time applying and interviewing is very unprofessional. It's funny to me how some companies care so little for how they treat applicants, when this kind of behavior is SO telling of the way they would treat you if you ended up becoming their employee. I guess I dodged a bullet!

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CannonDesign (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They are going to ask bunches of question about your practical experience. That's the most important thing. So you'd better be well prepared on this part before you go. And in the mean time, put as many as practical projects in your portfolio. The academic works seem not very appealing to them at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview with HR. Second Interview with Tim. Both are Phone screen interview.
    The scheduled the second interview for me, but few days later they postpone it. So the second interview is about 10 days late than our first schedule.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It took whole 2 weeks process for the interview. HR scheduled for Phone interview and in person interview. The Interview process took about 3 weeks included the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about Yourself, walk through portfolio   1 Answer

Architect I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

went to the office meet with Tom and David, they are very nice and also ask a lot of questions like work sample, intention for work, why you want to work in cannondesign also do you know cannondesign

Architect I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CannonDesign in February 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant, down to earth, insightful questions. The interview as a whole felt pretty conversational while still productive. Knowing Revit was definitely a plus. Left the interview feeling very confident and asked when I could start. However, did not hear a word after following up. No returns to phone calls, not responses to emails. Felt very misled and left hanging after a stellar interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a design problem? How do you operate on a project team?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Thirteen - count 'em - thirteen interviews, all lasting an hour or more. In the end, I was told they had "changed their minds" about hiring anyone for this position. They decided to have an existing employee take on business development in addition to her other duties as an architect. Really?? Is she able to devote 80+ hours per week to doing 2 jobs?

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I created business plans and budgets. Who did I know in the industry? What projects were coming up soon? How quickly could we land projects?   Answer Question

IT Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CannonDesign in August 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks before I was contacted. But, when I contacted, I was not scheduled for interview because my salary range expectation was high. So, I emailed back HR and lowered down my expectation and I got the job interview.

However, I didn't get job. It was 2 people on site and one IT person, and HR on Web/Video. Most of the times I was talking to the IT person, the local managers were like observing me. I felt that one of them was not that friendly.

After a week, I emailed back and found out they picked someone else.

I am not sure if other candidate got the job because of lower salary expectation.

Architect II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CannonDesign.

Interview

One interview - but sent my portfolio in multiple times. Took an inside friend to get the interview. Principal interviewing was 30 minutes late to interview. Was very friendly in the interview but once i started there, hardly said 'Hi' in passing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - highly predictable interview. Not much excitement.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy; but I was told this in advance. I really appreciated that I got to meet many members of the team in advance as well as tour the workplace. I think one of the most important pieces of a job is knowing if you 'feel' good about the people.

Interview Questions

• You are required to complete a case study. They want the study completed within a certain period of time and you get to choose when you will have the availability and be uninterrupted.   1 Answer