CannonDesign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CannonDesign

2.9

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview and after that was an in person interview. Th phone interview was with HR and finding out basic information. Then the next was the in person interview on site.

Junior Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CannonDesign (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

They send me an email says it will be a skype call. After choosing the time for the interview through the website, they will tell you what day to receive a phone call.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CannonDesign in November 2019.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interview- both phone, video and in person. Had a good feeling about it but then they went silent on their end. I followed up and they kept things open-ended. Eventually I saw the job reposted on Linkedin so I knew they had moved on- but they never told me.

Senior Environmental Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Washington, DC) in November 2019.

Interview

My process began with a phone call from a recruiter, she informed me she was interested in having another phone call at a later date. That date was then rescheduled for another time when she only available at an airport while waiting on a flight. Although there was tons of noise in the background, but we were still able to have a somewhat successful conversation about the position. I sent a thank you note, but never heard from her again.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with only designing environmental graphics?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CannonDesign (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online took about 2-3 weeks to get an interview scheduled, I was interviewed by 3 of the designers and they were very friendly and welcoming, the interview was casual and it took about an hour. They showed me around the office and said I would hear back within 2 weeks. I kept constant communication with HR only to hear back almost 1 month and a half later that they decided "not to fill the position at this time."

Interview Questions

CannonDesign Response

Apr 5, 2019 – Associate VP

We really appreciate you sharing this experience.

Our intention is never to draw out the interview process, but sometimes our immediate opportunities change after we speak with candidates, which is what we assumed happened in this case. Regardless, this is a good reminder that we need to ensure our talent acquisition team updates candidates about their status. We wish you success in your future endeavors and encourage you to visit on careers site to track future opportunities with our interiors team!

Arch Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CannonDesign.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of individuals at various levels in the office. We discussed my work, previous experience, and career goals. Afterwards I toured the office and got to speak with almost everyone working there.

Interview Questions

• Do you have softball experience?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Comprehensive, intuitive, and multi-staged. Previous relationship so the entry point was simple. The whole process took 2 months and it was well worth the wait. Traveling was initially and issue but now that I am through that period I have settled in Denver

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Received Email to schedule Phone Interview. HR was really responsive and friendly. Asked several questions about why I was interested in the firm as well as skills I had. After the phone interview, I was asked to visit the office and met three Workers. There I was asked to present my portfolio as well as talk about how I would contribute to the office.

Junior Environmental Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on the Cannon Design website within the first week of the job posting checking that I was interested in being hired immediately. Two weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview the following week. That went well and within a few days was contacted for an inperson interview the next week. Upon arriving I was presented with a folder of their benefits, and the rest of the interview went well enough and they told me I would hear from them again shortly. Over two months later I finally received an email letting me know they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What was my background in relation to the job position?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CannonDesign in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I had a Skype interview that lasted about an hour and went over your typical interview questions, nothing really too difficult. My second interview was in person and was more of me going over my portfolio and restating what I had said in my first interview. Everyone was very nice and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. The only downside was that it took a couple months before I heard a decision. I followed up multiple times throughout the waiting process and was never given a timeline.