Capitol Region Education Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capitol Region Education Council

2.6

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

The Application Process on applitrak.com was cumbersome. The interview process was in front of a 'TEAM" of 10 PEOPLE!!! I did not know this! very UNPROFESSIONAL-no letter written to say yea/nay!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Adult Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council (Hartford, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was very streamlined and the hiring manager was open to meeting me when I arrived in the city. It was in a very welcoming classroom where I had a chance to see how classrooms are set up there.

Interview Questions

• Are you the best person for this job? Why?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council.

Interview

All day- many panels; disjointed and confusing at times-- obviously interested; but, even though I accepted the position, in retrospect, there were a lot of red flags regarding negative, non-supportive school climate and culture. Did not communicate regarding obvious "unspoken" demands and hours out of school, including before-, after school, weekends, vacations- definite fallout (i.e. poor, unfounded performance reviews; intervention meetings with admin) if these "expectations" are not done satisfactorily

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really none occurred-- Teachers are placed on a Step Salary Scale based on experience.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council in August 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone interview. The second interview I met with three people, an administrator and two teachers. The subsequent interview was with an administrator from CREC Central.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you do when a student is not following behavioral expectations? (They emphasized this question, asking several probing follow-ups after my initial response (e.g. What if that doesn't work?).)   Answer Question
    • Q: How do you differentiate to meet the needs of all students?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council (Hartford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

I was recruited for a middle manager position. I had one panel interview with members of the senior management team and the executive director. The interview process may have been shorter than some others', as I was asked to apply for the position. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer had prepared, pretty standard interview questions. However there were a bunch of behavioral questions included.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for my title and job description. They would not negotiate on salary.

Magnet School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Interview process depends on the school/department. Magnet school/social work was 30-minute interview with about 10 questions. They score your answers on a 0 to 5, 10 or 25 point scale depending on the area:
    - relevant education (5)
    - relevant experience and technical knowledge v. required (25)
    - knowledge of ADOS (10)
    - work with parents (10)
    - consultation to staff (10)
    - knowledge of community providers (10)
    - provision of professional development (10)

Interview Questions

• - Specific questions about community providers were asked. E.g., In this situation, who would go to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

With CREC, always ask for more. If they ask you how much more, ask them how much more they'd be willing to go -- get them to drop numbers first.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Set of 3 interviews. The first one was with administration and focused on telling them my experience and asking questions regarding the schools. The second one involved me brining a completed evaluation, goals, and a treatment plan and discussing this with a team (including another OT and the principals). The third interview also included meeting a principal and getting a tour of one of the schools.

Interview Questions

• Please bring a completed evaluation, goals, and a session you ran to discuss.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capitol Region Education Council (Hartford, CT) in June 2019.

Interview

Brian was super nice and explain the company detail and what he was looking for. I was looking forward to meet micheal for my second interview but I got two different people it was a different experience but I enjoyed it

Interview Questions

• Explain your customer service skills   1 Answer