CareFlite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CareFlite

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at CareFlite

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFlite.

Interview

The interview process has changed since I first started working there. They asked general questions of why you want to work here, what do you know about careflite, what are some strengths and weaknesses you have. Also covered what the job entails and expections

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareFlite (Grand Prairie, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First, you perform a physical assessment test (PAT). It isn't difficult, and they tell you what to do the entire time. Next is the drug screen - enough said. Then comes the exam. Upgrades will be assigned during the orientation phase based on this exam. You will also try on uniforms that are issued if hired, so they know what size to order if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you were able to overcome a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFlite (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy. Written test, skills test, physical agility test, then panel interview. Plan for most of the day . Panel interview is with 3 people. 2 managers and usually one from HR or just 3 managers. Most are very easy going and try to make you feel comfortable during interview. Not stuffy like most interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Field Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareFlite (Grand Prairie, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Structured interview questions that are supposed to be "job related" but are not really. Clinical and physical testing as well. Interview consists of Clinical written test, structured interview, hands on clinical testing, and physical ability test. Clinical written test is designed to fail. Physical ability test is easy and required annually by all field employees.

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful situation you have ever encountered and how did you manage it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

Field Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFlite (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

Do not expect to walk in and out quickly. CareFlite does one of the most professional interview and hiring processes in the business. Be mentally and physically prepared and know your going to be challenged.

EMT-B Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFlite in March 2018.

Interview

Everything is done in one day. The wholeprocess can take over 2 hours. Included drug test, written test, physical agility and 2 interviews. Physical agility is easy. Written test is designed to be extremely difficult, but I believe it does not determine hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you experienced conflict with a co-worker. How did you have it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFlite (Grand Prairie, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

As far as EMS companies go, I was very impressed with CareFlite's organization and professionalism. I applied for an EMT-Basic job, which I've now done in both MA and TX, and my typical experience has been that companies don't care much about hiring Basics (or maybe they treat higher trained people this way too). I dress in a suit and tie, keep eye contact and answer thoughtfully, but usually they spend half the time answering their phone and not paying much attention. Completely different story at CareFlite. They had about 40 applicants for 20 spots and 5 stations to go through. The written test at the beginning is challenging which I liked, then they had me go to a panel of two supervisors for a sit down interview. I genuinely felt like they cared who I was and wanted to get to know me. Real guys who sold the company well to me and we had a good talk. They spend time getting to know you and then they ask structured questions which are very standard (i.e. "describe a time when you had to juggle many things at once," "describe a time when you had conflict with another coworker and how you resolved it," etc.). I had to do a drug test, then try on uniforms in case they hire you, and then a skills test. The skills test was simple: they just give you a scenario (mine was a guy who sliced his arm with a saw and it's bleeding profusely), and you tell them how you would handle the situation. Just one scenario and you're done and it's relaxed. And then they do a PT test, which again isn't difficult, and if they like you then they invite you to a second interview. They did the second interviews the same day just to save us the extra trip. That is usually done with the manager I believe, and the one at Grand Prairie was real relaxed. He kind of asks you similar questions from the panel interview (gets to know you, gives you another scenario, and asks you a bit about your personality and leadership style). Overall, the interview day is challenging but not intimidating because of the family atmosphere there, and they genuinely seem to care about finding good workers. I was impressed.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareFlite (Dallas, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Mass interview set up in stages, physical test, written test, one on one interview, two person interview, scenario questions, uniform fitting, drug test and immunization record check and finally a 3rd interview with management. Process takes a total of about 3 hours in total, will get complete job offer after background check clears.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFlite (Grand Prairie, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Drug test
    Panel interview
    Written test
    Skills test
    Uniform try on
    PAT or physical agility test
    Second interview
    Human resources paperwork

The interview process was intense, this being my first EMT job. You should expect to spend at least a couple hours there as there are several things they have you do.
    Upon my arrival I immediately took a urine drug screen. Immediately following the rules was a panel interview with two shift supervisors. They were mostly asking the typical interview questions...."name a time when...", "Describe a time....". Then I was given a 50 question written test. I then tried on uniforms, and did the physical agility test(they give you a video to prepare you for this). The skills test was next, it was just a verbal skills test. They want to see how you think. After the skills test I had a second interview with a manager and he asked more job specific questions. After the second interview I signed some paperwork with the Human Resources department regarding my health mostly and that was it. I got a call about 1 1/2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to deal with a stressful situation at work.   Answer Question

EMT-B Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CareFlite.

Interview

Intense process. Bring a change of clothes.

Written test
    Interview 1
    Scenario
    Uniform fitting
    Drug test
    Physical test
    2nd interview

After all of that they say they will call in a day or two to let me know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None