Career Connection, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.0

Help Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc. (Buffalo, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Many online assessments. Then a recruiter contacted me. We had a phone interview and she told me that with my excellent scores and experience she was recommending me for a team lead. More assessments and another phone interview. Then an in person interview with a corporate guy at his hotel (he's leaving tomorrow!). Then an interview with IBM. I was told things would happen very quickly and they wanted someone to start immediately. I waited and heard nothing. Eventually I reminded them that I had applied for help desk and would like that job (the one I applied for). I was delayed and eventually (like pulling teeth) told that I was not chosen for the team lead but they thought I'd be great for the help desk job. Yes, really. She was also under the impression that I had already been notified that I was passed over for the team lead job I never applied for and apologized for the "disconnect."
    But on to the job you applied for... Background check should take 24-48 hours and we'd like to start a class next week. You don't have to give 2 weeks notice right? Great! 24 hours, 48 hours, 72... I touched base and was told I was still being evaluated but that they would contact me when decisions were being made. Over week went by... I contacted the original recruiter and advised her that none of the timelines were being met and that I was weighing another job offer. I finally extracted the information stating that they went with another candidate. They apparently want you to drop everything and be at their disposal, but can't take the time to let you know that you should move on. I would never expect to hear back by a certain time (or at all), but they very much made me "expect" to be heard from many times. Definitely strung along

Interview Questions

• What would you tell someone who couldn't connect to internet?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc..

Interview

interview was easy i applied for something different but was offered something else but cci is ok pay is low for tier 1 help desk and i'm now seeing this

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc..

Interview

It was posted online as a career fair. I went in and interviewed with what was going to be my supervisor. The interview environment was in an office, and it went as you would a formal interview to go.

Interview Questions

• Troubleshooting specific questions, such as "What would you recommend a caller to do if they call that their printer is not working?" and "Do you know what the word "ping" means?" "What do you recommend if a caller says that their monitor is not working?"   Answer Question

Helpdesk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc. (Longmont, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

You go to the CCI office and fill out some paper work, bringing a copy of your resume means filling out less paper work at the start. After that is done, a CCI rep will then talk to you about the position options and different levels of staffing needs for IBM. Then you take some skills tests for things like email, web browsing, typing speed and a few others to assess your skill level and to find out if you will be placed in the HC1 or the HC2 position. After that is done, you sit down with rep who will go over your tests and tell you about the options and then you will fill out more paperwork for a background check, then they will enter your information into their database. The whole process was a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work shifts between 5am and 12am?   Answer Question

Aple Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc..

Interview

Hiring is 2 hours of testing... testing you tech support knowledge and customer service skills there are 4 tests... 1 on 1 interview they hire you on the spot , no drug tests at all... they will slap you in 2 week training in 2 weeks

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc. in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewing was candid and to the point as far as what makes you the best candidate for a work at home position. There were two interviews to land the position. The exam was in-depth for working at home with questions related to using a computer system and handling customers over the phone.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions for work at home position.   Answer Question

ID Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc. (Longmont, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

I took a bunch of computer tests that weren't that hard, then I waited for the right opportunity to open with a manager calling me a few weeks later.

Negotiation

One manager couldn't meet my schedule needs, another offered m the job and I readily accepted.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc..

Interview

Easy - 3 online tests (computer/tech multiple choice, customer service scenarios, and typing test) 1st interview with recruiter (very brief), 2nd interview with director (very brief, basically just asks you questions from the tests to make sure it was really you that took it) Hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• n/a - if you don't know the answers to these questions, you shouldn't be working as a tech support agent. Very basic stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was firm. Peak season pay is a little lower b/c it's compensated with incentives. Off peak there are no incentives so pay is slightly higher. I received a promotion and a dollar raise at peak season b/c my position was not eligible for incentives. After peak season ended, they took away promotions and raises without warning.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc. (Norcross, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Job fair, two part assessment which took approximately 2.5hours, and interview all in same day. Interviewed with recruitment team Pretty much those who passed the assessment were automatically hired in the interview. Pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions asked. Just am I comfortable working in a call center environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. As advertised in job fair pay rate was between 10.25-11.25/hour

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Connection, Inc. (Norcross, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy breezy. They really needed people to meet the deadline of the program. Everything happened all in one day the interviee , orientation and the fingerprints to enter the building.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you believe u assess to fulfill the position?   Answer Question