Carleton University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carleton University Interview Questions

2.6

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

No real interview. Just need to apply online and have good grades! Then meet your prof (but you already have the job, so it's not scary). Definitely recommend applying if you can.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was for support staff at CTS. The question were mainly related to technical knowledge regarding the job. They also asked situational and behavioral questions. The technical questions were pretty straight forward. The behavioral questions mainly focused on your ability to fit within the team.

Interview Questions

• How would handle pressure/stressful situation on job?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carleton University.

Interview

The first stage with only tests was extremely fast. Heard back from the company within a 2-day window. After the first interview and phone conversation however I did not hear back from them for 4 weeks and am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Interview
      1. Send in your CV and Cover Letter
      2. You will have to fill in 3 online tests (cultural fit, situational strength test, logical reasoning test)
           This stage is overall not too hard
      3. A strengt based telephone interview (typical questions)
          A case: you have 30 minutes to complete and afterwords they will call you and you have to give your recommendations. The case was about 2 seasonal beers you have to pick keeping…   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carleton University.

Interview

Very easy but not a joke either, applied online, was contacted via email to choose an interview time, dressed business casual and the interview was with a manager and supervisor, was asked questions about what i would do in certain situations or about what kinds of qualities i have and to give examples of times when such and such happened

Interview Questions

• Key questions will be about your knowledge about the university or the specific department you are working for, for example, "name two services you have used at Carleton and describe your experience."   1 Answer

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was simple and straightforward...very professional yet friendly, welcoming and inviting. I immediately felt a connection with my interviewers, and they were very kind and enthusiastic about my being there. The main interviewer was very relaxed and I did not feel any stress at all, unlike how I have felt in previous interviews.

Learning Center Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Standard in-person interview with a panel of two: learning center coordinator and former scholar. Questions were predictable, relating to your past experiences, challenges and unique strengths. They wrote down everything I said. No impromptu questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• what is your unique strength?   1 Answer

SPA Welcome Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Every week a casting call is held on Fridays between 1 - 4pm. If you submit a resume chances are they will invite you to this. SHOW UP EARLY! (Before 1pm) to secure one of their few interview spots. This is one of the only places where you are guaranteed an interview (at least)! Once that interview is completed they may put you through to another interview right away. After that they will call you back after they meet on the following Monday to discuss hiring, if they like you. The final step is a final interview and completing a quiz on Brookstreet and the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why Brookstreet? What can you tell us about Brookstreet? Can you tell us about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? What charities does Brookstreet support? Have you ever had a situation where an employee was dishonest?   1 Answer

Game Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Process is 3 interviews with your project coordinator. The game is discussed with the consumer of the game, then there is a funding meeting, then finally a project start meeting, at which point the job begins.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with Carleton University using the work you have done, with future students   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carleton University (Campus (Nepal)).

Interview

I wasn't given much advance notice for the interview (afternoon before). Formal interview with a combination Situational and Behavioral interview; lasted about an hour with a panel of four interviewers from different levels as well as an HR Rep.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

First invited to a group interview (12-16 people) that was about 2 hours long. Asked various questions to the group with the chance to contribute answers. Presented information about the job. Then selected for a one on one personal interview. asked situational questions.