Carleton University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carleton University Interview Questions

Interviews at Carleton University

2.5

Network Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carleton University.

Interview

Made it seem like a normal conversation. Assured me that everyone has to get a long. Talked about past times and fun experiences.

Interview Questions

• No hard technical questions. The work could be done by anybody with computer skills but was mostly hands on and required organization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Asked about previous jobs, skills I learned and able to do the requirements asked from the job posting. They went through my entire resume and asked about what I did and skills I developed. In addition, how I deal with conflict with customers and staff members and give them an example I faced with.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carleton University (Campus (Nepal)).

Interview

I wasn't given much advance notice for the interview (afternoon before). Formal interview with a combination Situational and Behavioral interview; lasted about an hour with a panel of four interviewers from different levels as well as an HR Rep.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

No real interview. Just need to apply online and have good grades! Then meet your prof (but you already have the job, so it's not scary). Definitely recommend applying if you can.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward questions, very friendly staff. I felt like I could be myself and they were not too judgey or condescending. Don't be nervous about interviewing with Carleton University-everyone is super accepting of all backgrounds, values, religion etc..

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you handled multiple stressors at the same time   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a single round interview with a panel of a project manager, team lead and computer science professor. started with normal behavioral questions, technical and we wrapped up in about 20 minutes. The CS professor's questions were very typical with respect to Java and CS topics.

Interview Questions

• General past experience related questions.
      Java/Pl-sql/sql questions   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carleton University.

Interview

The first stage with only tests was extremely fast. Heard back from the company within a 2-day window. After the first interview and phone conversation however I did not hear back from them for 4 weeks and am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Interview
      1. Send in your CV and Cover Letter
      2. You will have to fill in 3 online tests (cultural fit, situational strength test, logical reasoning test)
           This stage is overall not too hard
      3. A strengt based telephone interview (typical questions)
          A case: you have 30 minutes to complete and afterwords they will call you and you have to give your recommendations. The case was about 2 seasonal beers you have to pick keeping…   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carleton University in January 2009.

Interview

The communication mostly took place by e-mail. The chair notified me that I was one of the finalist for the position, and he flew me in for the interview. The interview consisted of: Meeting with the dean, teaching a class, giving a job talk, interviewing one on one with many people in the department, interviewing with the search committee. The interview also included "informal" components, such as dining out with the chair, with committee members, with students, etc. (which are still part of the interview process). The schedule was demanding but enough breaks in between to be humane.

Interview Questions

• How much of X should all the students in the department take?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

pretty basic, nothing new. They asked pretty familiar questions. You won't be surprised by the questions they ask. They won't blow you away with questions. I would give them a one out of ten for interview difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What was you average in High School   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carleton University in September 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position in July and received email in September stating date and time of interview. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. Lots of behavioural questions were asked. Was interviewed by two managers. The interview was very friendly, and enjoyable. The work seemed interesting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a learning project that failed. What happened.   Answer Question

It seemed like a fairly junior position and for only a one year term.