Carlson Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carlson Companies (Minnetonka, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Called by recruiter the day after I applied online. Had 45 minute screening interview with her the following date. Nearly a month later I had a face-to-face interview. The position described was very different than the job posting description. I spoke with the HR manager several weeks later and was told they were still in the process. I did not hear back from the company regarding this position.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carlson Companies (Plymouth, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

I sent in my application for the position, and within a week they called to schedule an in-person interview. I interviewed with three people for a half an hour each. First was the HR Rep, who asked general questions, described the job, and discussed salary. Next was the two-up boss, then finally the direct hiring manager. Everyone was very friendly and the interview flowed smoothly. All three did make the point that they had interviewed many people for the position, and had more to go. That statement made me think they aren't sure about what they're looking for for the role.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions asked. They did ask technical questions about various social media management services.   Answer Question

Web Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Companies (Minnetonka, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from the recruiter to set up 1:1 interviews for a date 3 weeks out. I'm not sure why I didn't have a phone screen, possibly because my resume was such a good match for the job description?

My in-person interviews were with 3 people: the HR recruiter (we covered basic HR type questions, including salary), the hiring manager and the hiring managers peer. All of the questions were pretty basic behavioral / experience based. All three people were very nice and I was very surprised to hear they decided NOT to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked me my salary requirements during the first interview...I wasn't expecting to talk about that so soon, so I was caught slightly off guard.   Answer Question
    • What about your experience makes you a particularly good candidate for this job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Companies (Minnetonka, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview on campus. Got invited to be interviewed at the headquarters in Minnetonka. Had to interview with 5 different people. Exhausting. Took longer than 2 weeks to hear back. Prepare to ask a lot of HR type questions, that won't have to do with your area of expertise. I thought I did really well but I did not get an offer. Would have loved to work there. Everyone was really nice and relatable.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carlson Companies (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

Went through one interview, answered some basic questions such as my experience, background, tough work challenges and etc. Offered the job within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult working experience and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Companies.

Interview

A very deep background check.

Interview Questions

• I dont remember it was quite a while but they make sure you have a good phone background   Answer Question

Reservation Agent Interview

Interview

Took a typing test and answered typical phone sales interview questions. Casual business setting, they took me on an office tour and had me watch a person taking sales calls. It wasn't a difficult interview process, though it was a bit lengthy. Plan on this potentially taking over an hour.

Storage Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carlson Companies (Minnetonka, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved sitting down with the current team's manager and having a casual conversation. It was rather laid back and also involved a tour of the facilities.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carlson Companies (Minnetonka, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple people sat across from me at a conference table and took turns asking network related questions. If you have read through the Network+ or CCNA book you should be fine, this was a junior position and the interview was fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions related to L2/L3 protocols. One specific question was about what STP was and the different stages.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Companies in January 2009.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview followed up by formal interview. First, I met with the group director and then the supervisor joined us. Together, they explained the dynamics of the group including partners roles pertaining to the business. Although, the office was laid back, all were very hard workers and valued your input. They also asked about how you handle setting your priorities when when faced with competing objectives.

Interview Questions

• What have you contributed in your current position?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle competing priorities from different managers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer and did not need to negotiate on the offer, however I managed to get a little over the salary that was initially offered.