Carmeuse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

3.1

Energy Buyer and Sales Administrator Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carmeuse (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process first started with a phone interview with the hr manager then the following week I had a phone interview with the department managers. Then I was scheduled to have an in person interview in Pittsburgh. I ended up not filling through with the last interview due to unforeseen circumstances. Very great communication with the HR staff. I really think it would have been a great company to work for.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luttrell, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carmeuse (Luttrell, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

HR manager based in Birmingham, AL was unorganized at best. The online assessments are a waste of time. I normally would never consider working for a company that forces applicants to take such assessments. Three phone calls and emails with her led to an unintelligible phone interview with the corporate engineer manager who didn't know what duties the job would have. A local plant interview in Luttrell, TN was the worst experience--the plant didn't seem to know I was coming for an interview. The plant locals obviously had a favorite candidate already picked as I was in and out the door in less than 20 minutes. Never received a follow up from local or corporate HR. A follow up email I sent weeks later was returned with a curt "We went with someone else.". How classy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked with lime kilns before? (Even though my resume has extensive lime kiln history. Way to read, folks.)   Answer Question
    • Do you like working 70 hour weeks? How far away do you live?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Carmeuse (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

5 months of off and on with over ten people before it was thru interviewed for one job then told to wait for another HR talked better than they walked told i was coming to pittsburgh for a 'fit' interview then dragged on and on finally called and was told they were going with an internal candidate that applied late

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpena, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carmeuse (Alpena, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied for the job online in June. Was called by HR in November to schedule a on-site interview. They scheduled it to be in December. The interview was with four people at the same time. Answered about 60 questions. Using the STAR format. Took over one month to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone on the team that is missing meetings acd cannot complete their tasks.   Answer Question

Senior ABAP Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carmeuse (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone and in-person interview in Pittsburgh. Met with MIS director and very limited staff. We met for about 2 hours, and then met with the business people I would be supporting. Several of them were from Cleveland, so we got along well. They identified multiple issues that were not getting fixed, so they prepared me for the eventual job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our company that would make us want to hire you.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carmeuse (Winchester, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had several interviews with VP of Sales and also traveled to HQ to meet with SR. VP of Sales/Marketing. It was an extensive process considering I had no previous aggregate sales experience. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I had started a business 10 years prior that ultimately had failed. The interviewer, a high level VP, kept pounding me on WHY it had failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and sweet, I accepted immediately and received multiple raises over the course of my tenure

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slavec (Slovakia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Carmeuse (Slavec (Slovakia)).

Interview

There were several interviews during whole process, with HR, future manager etc. Always couple of months between interviews, so quite exhausting. Interviews itself were interesting, focused just on future job, expectations etc.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carmeuse in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online, and nearly a month later I got a call from HR. After a phone call with HR, I had a phone call with the person who would be my supervisor. After that I was invited to travel to Pittsburgh for a face to face interview with HR and who would be my supervisor. HR representative was very unorganized and kept having to leave the room to get more documents for me. The mining engineering department that I was interviewing with is fairly new, and very unorganized and works very old school. They don't use real mining software because someone choose AutoCAD, but no one can use it, not even the guy who choose to go with AutocCAD. There was no clear job description at the time of the interview, and they were unsure of the future the candidate would have. They admit they are growing the department to catch up on forgotten work, but are not willing to get organized and grow properly.

Had things been better organized and clearer objectives, I would have chosen to work for Carmeuse. Everyone I met was very nice and professional. Its a good business to be in, hence why they can do so good while being so poorly organized. Just imagine how profitable they could be if they got their act together.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where ou had a different opinion on how something should be done, where your opinion was taken over others.   Answer Question

The job description kept changing. Was told I could live near the mine site, then told I had to live in Pittsburgh and travel 50-70% of the time.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carmeuse in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice. They took the time ro let you ask questions. Plus, they asked questions that partained to the position.Plant tuor was short, but went through the whole process. In addition, what I liked the most was the tuor of of the town.
    Advice to canidates: make sure you send a thankyou letter the fallowing day, they forward to hearing from you