Carnegie Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carnegie Corporation

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Like any big corporation, the process involved a phone screening and a few in person interviews. Each round took about a week. Everything was as expected with the typical questions, until the final interview with the Director. I have never wanted to walk out of an interview, and on second thought, I should have done that. My life choices were questioned and I was called underqualifed and overqualified in the same breath, and much much more. Absolutely disrespectful and outrageous.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question, just a lot of ranting by the unnamed director who interviewed me.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnegie Corporation (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The Chief Academic Officer Ellen was extremely condescending start to end. Honestly if it's a waste of her time to interview me, it's a waste of mine to sit through it.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your day to day work with the Manager?   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Corporation (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Went through a first interview via phone with a recruiting company. Once the company gave approval, they submitted a list of questions connected to the role so I could provide further information related to my experience. Last, an in-person interview at their office with the VP and a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of how you come up with a social media strategy.   Answer Question

Editor/Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Corporation (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I found everyone involved extremely polite and rather formal, with clear communication throughout. I did not get the job but ended the process with nothing but warm feelings about this organization.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer asked me to take her through my education and career, from the very beginning, rather than starting with the most recent job.   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Corporation.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with program and HR staff. Both skype and in-person interview. Typically between 30-60 minutes per interview. Some interviews were 1:1 while others were with multiple people. From contact through interviews, it was less than a month.