Carr Business Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carr Business Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Carr Business Systems

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems (Commack, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Didn't even give me a phone interview after the Chally test. They could have at least tried to maybe see the person I really am. I do not think relying completely on one test is a great gauge on how a person really is.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think sales is right for you?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems.

Interview

Referred by a friend, contacted by the HR Manager.

Phone Interview was the standard questions, why sales? What are your skills? What do you want to do as a career in the future?

First In person interview was with two different sales managers. They come at you hot, they told me I was unprepared because I didn't research the people who I was interviewing with. They try to intimidate you which is typical of a New York City salesman. Both the managers seemed like they had more important things to do and were uninterested in anything I was saying. They seemed like cocky guys. Walked out of there sure I wouldn't get a call back, but I did.

Second interview was a ride along day. I went out with one of the sales consultants, who had started in May. She was inexperienced and not helpful at all, and lets not forget your selling copiers. Most people just say they have one and make you leave, sometimes you are threatened to have security called on you. Then I listened to some cold calls, most of the time they didn't even have the right information so I didn't get to listen to any real leads or anything. They have you do a few face to face interactions when your out in the field.

Okay so now I am back for a third interview. This is with the Vice President of sales. He was a great guy, super easy to talk to and informative. He wants to let you know this is not an easy position and you will deal with rejection on a daily basis. This was the only part of the process that I actually didn't mind. Thought I would get an offer, after almost two months of dragging me along they chose someone with more experience. This was a godsend. I would have hated the job and wanted to jump out the window had I taken it. I was desperate for something at the time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, tell them this is your dream job and you love copiers.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Three step process: 1) one on one interview 2) shadowing day 3) panel interview. This process felt drawn out. The initial interview was a typical one on one process. Questions about why sales and how you are going to be successful. Shadow day consisted of going with a sales rep and cold calling throughout an office building. Panel interview was done in front of four managers. Started with a self prepared slide show and ended with some questions and answers.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. The best group of people I've met. Everyone was very helpful throughout the interview process. The HR person really helped me along the way, making sure I was prepared for the interviews. The hiring Manager was a great person and I really enjoyed interviewing with him as well. The overall experience was phenomenal.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems (Melville, NY).

Interview

Just talked about myself, my goals and my skills.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems (Melville, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Very simple assessment of character. No experience neccessary. I met with the sales manager in the first interview and the president in the second and final. Both nice people and were easy interviews. Didn't care much about prior experience. I was offered the position after meeting with each for ten minutes. Very easy job to get.

Interview Questions

• Where I searched myself in 10 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasnt able to negotiate

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very transparent and thorough. From start to finish very professional and timely. All details explained verbally and online for review and prompts. Always responsive to any questions with follow up and guidance.

Interview Questions

• Questions about where I want my future to be with my career, what skill set I possessed and what I wanted to expand   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems in July 2015.

Interview

Someone called me and one of the first things they asked me was if I'd also be interested in a sales rep role. I answered no. I've made 30 million in the last 5 years for companies as a manager. I prefer that, love it, e.t.c. So any way, they said fine and sent me a chally test. For those of you that don't know it's a personality exam. Now I have a background Carr didn't know about in advanced psychology as well as sociology so I know how these tests are written. Basically if necessary, I'd have no trouble writing one of these tests. Any way, I get a call the next day saying I didn't test strong for sales manager but did for sales rep. The only way I wouldn't have tested well for a leadership position is if they were looking for a management style similar to what you'd find out of movies like office space. I have a highly motivational data driven management style and I look at that kind of management style from office space as a relic from 50 years ago. I would have tested well for any organization looking for a sales manager who was inspiring and motivational. A mini Tony Robins with a business acumen which is what you want from a sales manager. Because I understand how these tests are formed and how they're calculated, Carr was either looking for the manager from office space (which is possible because if you read the reviews on here, their employees describe those kinds off antiquated management paradigms) or they just did a bait and switch on me. I'm writing this in case it was a bait and switch. After I "supposedly" didnt test well for sales manager, the woman beasically went into a pitch on why I should accept an entry level position. Alot of companies like on Craigslist e.t.c. do a bait a switch. They bait you in with fancy titles and then you find out its all a scam. Well this was a little more nuanced but I'm honestly wondering if anyone else has had this experience? Like I said, there's two options but bait and switch makes alot of sense

Interview Questions

• Chally Test: For example
      I often feel sad
      1) true
      2) false   1 Answer

I think it was a form of a bait and switch and I resent companies that utilize these manipulative practices to bring people in. I would steer clear if I were you in either case. At best they have horribly backwards management. At worst they're using manipulative practices to draw people in. In either case, take it from a person with degrees Carr didn't know about. This is a work environment you don't want to be in. These kinds of manipulative practices do indicate something about the organization. And if it didn't, you'd still feel like an ant on a mole hill here. Just a cog in the wheel with no name producing half your potential and being stuck. Read the employee reviews... from a psychological vantage point if I were to assume the best and I'm to believe I just dont fit their culture then they're not only backwards but they're actually looking to continue to breed that atmosphere the employees are complaining about. They're actively looking to perpetuate it by hiring people who do. So what's wrong isn't going to change because they don't see it as a problem or I just got hoodwinked which is fine because it wouldn't be the first B.S. position I've applied for but it would be the first one I wasted an hour of my time on. Either way, guys. Watch out for this company.

Carr Business Systems Response

Aug 4, 2015 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience when recently applying for a Sales position with us.

We pride ourselves in our recruitment strategies, which distinguish a candidate’s... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems.

Interview

Long Interview process 3 different interviews and final interview was with 4 different managers.

Interview Questions

• What if we put you into a different sales area than you are interviewing for? Would you still be interested?   1 Answer

Structure of compensation and commissions were not clear, and they refused to clarify it after many requests.

Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Carr Business Systems (Melville, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

It was long and drawn out. Recruiter asked some pretty useless questions. It was almost embarrassing. She really doesn't have a clue. Needs to take a course on how to conduct a correct interview.

Interview Questions

• What does your dream house look like?
      Why do you want to work here.
      Why are you looking for a new position   Answer Question