Catalina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a recruiter, a second phone interview with the manager, and then an onsite meeting with 4-5 individuals. I met with everyone one at a time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

HR and IT did not talk to each other so i almost had 2 interviews at once. I was in a room with 5 people and 3 of them did not know what hardware they had on their raised floor? when we went for a tour i commented on some of the hardware and 3 of the staff could not reply. but they were very nice and saw the potential of my qualties and that i would be an great investment to the company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catalina (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

This is for a small company that had been recently bought by Catalina, and were still operating somewhat independently. They had a posting on my university job board and I applied through the contact given. No phone screen, went in and met with three people separately. First was them telling me about the position and the work I would be doing and asking related question of how I would go about doing it. Second was basic programming exercises, nothing too difficult. Third was more personality, was asked about my previous experience and the typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, programming exercises. ex. is x a prime number   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catalina (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Came in to the interview and immediately had to do this written test. Interview proceeded with a whole bunch of one-on-ones which made for a long and exhausting afternoon. Somewhere in the middle of it all I had to take this goofy "logic" test with a bunch of ridiculous questions. Stuff like: "You're the son of a doctor, but your dad isn't a doctor. How is this?" Or "Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?"

About half-way through the test, I just stopped answering the questions. Some genius then grills me on why I didn't answer them all, so I just told him I thought they were pointless for a programmer to have to answer. He game me some speech about how his pointless test was great at uncovering good programmers and then stormed out the door. Whatever.

At no point in the process did I ever have an opportunity to go over actual code with anyone. I didn't receive an opportunity to submit any samples, or to go over any working projects. Just a written test; which I'm sure I bombed due to the simple fact that I don't code with a pen and paper and it felt really awkward. I'm a very seasoned programmer, but I don't see any way that they could have ascertained this based on the structure of the interview process. I walked away feeling rather insulted by it. But it was great practice, and it taught me to ask A LOT more questions upfront before I commit myself to an entire afternoon without knowing what I'm in for.

Interview Questions

• You are asking a king for his daughter's hand in marriage. The king tells you to put your hand in a box and draw a piece of paper. One of them has the word "marriage" written on it, the other has the word "freedom," and the other "death."

What is the King's name?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Catalina.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from recruiter about month later... mostly with the questions about my salary expectation, she didn't ask me questions about my experience or skills. She said she will get back to me. Week later another call from recruiter for in-person interview in St. Pete. Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly receptionist but then I spent about 15 min waiting for the hiring manager. He passed by me in the hallway several times, spoke to a receptionist, looked at me up and down, and left without acknowledging me... after a while, he finally returned and introduced himself. He took me to the room with 3 other people who briefly introduced themselves. The interview started with "tell me about your current job responsibilities..." then something about "how would you be handling difficult clients". In seems like they wanted to know what my current company is doing... and what my current role is - not about what I can do for them and how I can contribute... No specific questions were asked. I tried to talk about my experience in previous companies (I have over 20 years) and my technical skills but was interrupted by another question about my current company. I asked them to tell me more about the open position but response was very unclear and brief. The whole process was very odd... people who interviewed me seems didn't know what to ask or how to answer my questions. At the end, they told me they have 5 other candidates to meet... No one bothered to shake my hand or say a proper goodbye. Manager escorted me out and said they will be in touch. I felt very unwelcome -- the experience was one of discourtesy and lack of professionalism, and definitely do not want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current responsibilities... What would you do with a difficult client? How are you different from other applicants such that we should choose you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great interviewer, they asked interesting questions and were positive, professional and candid about the position requirements and what the job would entail. Talked a lot about the company, the history and plans for the future.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Every Recruiter in Tampa is trying to hire for Catalina.

Unfortunately, the Salary is ridiculous. It is insulting - even though the Bonus is reasonable.

They even had the Audacity to lower it!

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted through a recruiter for the position. My first contact with Catalina Marketing was during my first phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview. The interview was a little nontraditional; it was more of a panel with three different section managers asking various technical questions to see where I was best suited. Finally I went to each section and did a one-on-one interview with a selected team member.
       The atmosphere of the offices and the interviews were very relaxed. The people were very nice and it seemed like an excellent place to work. The work spaces were a little traditional for a marketing company though.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions where very traditionally, no real curve balls. The difficulty came with technical questions.   Answer Question

I simply had a better opportunity else where. It was nothing on the company's side.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Very Easy, non behavioral, was scheduled for panel, ended up with single person interview, five long steps, first step phone screen, second step face to face, third step online assessments, fourth step sit with current rep, fifth step drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews with several people present. Each person asked thought-provoking questions along with immediate feedback. Since there were a couple people in the room, the interview was more of a dialogue than shooting off questions at me. The interviewer was polite and friendly. I did not get the job the first round, but I was called back again at a later date for a second interview with another group of people. This round included polite and friendly people as well. I received the offer soon after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you react in difficult or uncomfortable situations?   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted about two weeks after submission. I interviewed with 3 different hiring managers at once. It was a pretty standard interview to discuss more about me and the position, strengths and weaknesses, my prior work and educational experience, etc. I was called back after about a month with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? Deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question