Catalina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.7

DI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Initial phone screen interview. This interview was regular with 2 3 people on call or through video conference.
    2. Second in person interview at St Pete office. This was having multiple round interview beaning with Director followed by Sr Architect(2 ppl) then Sr Developers(5 ppl) and last Project manager(1 ppl). All levels of team has exceptional technical knowledge and They will assess all your expertise thoroughly from top to bottom. You really need to be well verse with the technology you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• All technical interview related to technology. why you want to join? what would you like after 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catalina.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening. Then a short personality/semi technical interview. It went generally ok.
    Then the next step was a very time consuming take home case. Was pretty sure I did really well;however, I sent it along to never hear a word again. I would recommend avoiding this place; since, the take home case is very time consuming , you are better off focusing your energy pursuing other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• The take home case involves building a predictive model.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Catalina.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from recruiter about month later... mostly with the questions about my salary expectation, she didn't ask me questions about my experience or skills. She said she will get back to me. Week later another call from recruiter for in-person interview in St. Pete. Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly receptionist but then I spent about 15 min waiting for the hiring manager. He passed by me in the hallway several times, spoke to a receptionist, looked at me up and down, and left without acknowledging me... after a while, he finally returned and introduced himself. He took me to the room with 3 other people who briefly introduced themselves. The interview started with "tell me about your current job responsibilities..." then something about "how would you be handling difficult clients". In seems like they wanted to know what my current company is doing... and what my current role is - not about what I can do for them and how I can contribute... No specific questions were asked. I tried to talk about my experience in previous companies (I have over 20 years) and my technical skills but was interrupted by another question about my current company. I asked them to tell me more about the open position but response was very unclear and brief. The whole process was very odd... people who interviewed me seems didn't know what to ask or how to answer my questions. At the end, they told me they have 5 other candidates to meet... No one bothered to shake my hand or say a proper goodbye. Manager escorted me out and said they will be in touch. I felt very unwelcome -- the experience was one of discourtesy and lack of professionalism, and definitely do not want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current responsibilities... What would you do with a difficult client? How are you different from other applicants such that we should choose you?   Answer Question

Value Stream Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catalina (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

it was just an interview, the HR person was very nice, it lasted almost 30 min, it was really a laid back interview, to find out my experience and see if it matched their needs, she gave me time to ask my questions, and was a very relaxed phone call

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catalina (Clearwater, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview with very spoken recruiter, only to find out the person left the company the next day.
    In house interview was with 4 different managers, not sure they all respected each others opinions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation and how did you respond?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catalina.

Interview

Met with manager, lead and other team members. In the interview, we spoke about my qualifications and the duties that the position entailed. I was hired shortly after the interview, they let me know very quick. The interview was very relaxed atmosphere, no real pressure.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have automation experience?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

The interview process is easy and straightforward. Management is very relaxed and friendly making it a nice environment to interview in without a lot of pressure. They like to ask what projects you've worked on and how you've contributed to make your work place a better place, they love employees who go out of their way to make things streamlined.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Catalina.

Interview

I first interviewed with an HR rep, then the department head who would be my direct supervisor on the phone, and then came in for an in-person interview with 7 or 8 people. I was given a verbal indication that I was hired, but then waited for a while and upon prompting, was told by the HR rep that they decided instead to promote someone internally, and that it was one of the people that I had met and would have supervised. It was really disappointing, and seemed unprofessional. Wouldn't the first thing to consider be an internal promotion, before the whole rigamarole with a background check and outside interviews? A few weeks later I was offered a similar role. I passed. The interview and previous near-offer made me feel uncomfortable with the leadership, decision-making process and general direction. I think promoting from within is always best but in this case it was done oddly - after a somewhat long interview queue of outside candidates, and having met the person that was promoted, it seemed a very poor choice. It was obviously too senior a position and completely outside the person's experience and expertise - it was a completely different field. It seemed a cost saving measure rather than a real thought-out hiring choice and set up the employee for a very clear impending failure. And I wasn't notified of the decision and was left to wait for a written offer for way too long. The experience left me annoyed and frustrated for having wasted my time when there wasn't really a job there for a person of my experience and background (and salary requirements, although they were discussed upfront). When I did get an offer, I didn't feel confident that I would have a long term future there so didn't move forward.

Interview Questions

• Basic leadership questions - describe a project that was veering off course and how you handled it, discuss a difficult conversation you had to have with a team member.   Answer Question

Manager Analytical Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catalina (Saddle Brook, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process. After two telephonic rounds, I was scheduled for an on-site interview. It consisted of 4/5 rounds with senior management followed by a case study presentation of 45 minutes. The first 4 rounds went rather well, comprising mostly of situational questions and probing on past projects. Suddenly before the case study presentation, I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the role! Within 2 minutes I had collected my belongings and was escorted out of the building. I've interviewed with many places but such a bizarre incident had never happened!
    The reason later provided for rejecting my candidature was weak technical knowledge. This was a big surprise because I wasn't asked much technical stuff to start with. In fact, while discussing about logistic regression with one of the interviewers, the mention of Gini coefficient drew blank stares - she said she didn't know what a Gini coefficient is!
    It was a waste of an entire day, particularly with the long commute involved and with all the effort going into preparing the case study presentation. The entire interview panel spoke vaguely, with no specific questions on anything in particular. They had absolutely no qualms about terminating the interview abruptly.
    Harrowing experience with a bunch of highly unprofessional people.

Interview Questions

• Why Catalina? Strengths and opportunity areas? Where do you see yourself in a few years from now?   Answer Question

Lead QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Catalina (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with QA manager. Standard process driven question based on past experience.
    Follow up with on site panel interview, well prepared professional team. Worked well together.

Interview Questions

• 1.How would you handle missing requirements. 2. Describe QA's role in the Agile process. 3. What is your experience with Automation. 4. Tell us about the tools you have used in testing.   Answer Question