Catalyst Repository Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catalyst Repository Systems

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Catalyst Repository Systems.

Interview

I had a 1 hr phone interview with the hiring manager and an in-person interview with the President of the Company and then with the VP of Professional Services and the hiring manager. The interview process and questions were standard. Make sure you ask them about their market share (8% compared to competitor's 80%), the multiple rounds of layoffs, and the go-forward strategy (still figuring it out - sell to Fortune 500 instead of law firms? become a service company that uses the software? other?). After learning more about their situation, I removed my name from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Catalyst? Why are you a good fit for the role?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Lots of situational and team-related questions. Test given to validate stated experience. Weight seemed to be placed on being able to manage projects and deliverables over actually doing the hands-on work. Interviews started with an initial video chat. Second interview employed the tests. Wanted to know what I found interesting for work and what my career Goals were.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were a few exchanges in e-mail about what I was earning, benefits and remote work time.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catalyst Repository Systems in April 2011.

Interview

I had several phone interiews in Feb and was told the position needed to be filled quickly. Eventually an in person interview was conducted on a Wed., and I was told I'd hear back the next day. Upon receipt of my thank you email that night, I was then told I'd hear back the next day OR the following day. I waited over the weekend and still never heard. Contacted them Monday and they eventually got back to me and asked me to prepare a marketing presentation and turn it in on Wed. After turning it in, it took a few weeks to hear anything. Then they asked me if I was still interested in pursuing the position and if I was available that day to have a phone interview with the CFO. That seemed to go well. Then they said I'd hear back on a Monday. No word until an email Thurs. saying they wanted to discuss a formal offer. They even emailed me a partial comp plan. Then I could not reach the "hiring" manager for literally almost 2 weeks after several emails and voicemails with questions regarding the comp plan. When I finally reached her I was told "the executive management team decided to go in a different direction and not fill the position." I specifically asked her if the decision had anything to do with me or my candidacy and was assured it did not. Except then I heard that they hired someone else for the position! When I called her on it, she denied telling me that they had decided not to fill the position. Hardly something I would have dreamed up by myself, especially when I gave her a perfect opening to be honest with me when I asked if it had to do w/ me personally (i.e. did they find someone they thought was better qualified or liked better than me?)

Overall, the worst interiew process I've ever been through.

Interview Questions

• had I ever been asked to do something unethical at a job and what was my response   1 Answer