Cathay General Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cathay General Bancorp Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First, got a call from HR, asked a few questions over the phone, then setup an interview. Interviewed with HR and was given some typing tests and general accounting tests. Setup an interview with the manager of the department shortly after. After some more general questions, got a call back about a week later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, and get a in person interview from branch manager the next week, and a phone interview from headquarter directly, they didn't ask many questions, just why did i want that job and what is my future plan. and I get the offer next day.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

Resume was submitted to the online career website and had an interview with the branch manager prior to in house interview. There was a basic math and english exam before they conducted the interview. Overall a very quick process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Cathay Bank Careers. After few days, HR called me, and scheduled an interview. I took a test there, and a 15 minutes interview with HR. The next day, they called again, and set an interview with the branch. The people interviewed me including the branch mananger and VP, they asked some general questions, not hard. However, they did not mention about salary. So I asked them what's the salary? They asked me what you expect, then they give me a lower offer. According to them, the salary for teller is fixed. It is kind of hard to get bonus. That's the main reason I declined the offer.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview consists of two parts: a free response essay with math exercises and an one-to-one interview. For the first part, it's asking to describe your skills in writing in 20 minutes. For the math exercises, it has several sections. You have 10 minutes to complete 50-100 simple math questions without using calculator.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness? How are you capable of this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening, in-person interview with HR and a rudimentary 1990s version Word and Excel skills test, an essay about why you are applying for the position, then interview with the team. While the interview wasn't very hard, I didn't hear from them afterwards until a few months later, even though I had contacted them well beforehand for an update on the process. HR was very slow and unreliable in this process

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Did a phone interview to see the type of person I was. Then went in to meet the HR recruiter and did some basic Microsoft Office application tests. Then was asked a few questions on how my past experiences, school, etc. applied for the position I applied for. Then was scheduled for in person interview which was with the department/ team manager.

Interview Questions

• Met in person Interview just talked about my resume and community services I had contributed to the community.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

The Branch Manager and Operations Officer interviewed me at the branch I was applying for. Then HR interviewed me at the corporate building in El Monte. Basic interview, wasn't very hard. Got a call quick saying I got the job a few days later. No trick or complicated question for this kind of position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Pretty basic, like talk about your past experiences...etc..   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp in July 2013.

Interview

the interview process was fairly easy. You first get a basic math test to see if you can do mental math fast enough at the HR office. They will ask you some generic interview questions such as strengths and weaknesses. At the time of my hiring, they ask me to go to the branch that I will be working for a second round interview. The regional manager pretty much told me that she knew she was going to hire me without looking at my resume. Basically, as long you looked somewhat presentable, you will get the job

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

General behavior questions, not hard..but the waiting interview process is kind of long. Because they are not only interview you. Phone interview was asked general behavior question and what do you know about the bank. The face to face interview also asked you what do you know about the bank. Just do some research then you should be fine.