Cathay General Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cathay General Bancorp Interview Questions

Interviews at Cathay General Bancorp

2.4

Ops Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

Applied through Monster.com and a recruiter called to set up interview with hiring manager. The interview was mostly in Chinese as they wanted to ensure that I would be able to service their clients who spoke primarily Chinese.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

The Branch Manager and Operations Officer interviewed me at the branch I was applying for. Then HR interviewed me at the corporate building in El Monte. Basic interview, wasn't very hard. Got a call quick saying I got the job a few days later. No trick or complicated question for this kind of position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Pretty basic, like talk about your past experiences...etc..   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

Resume was submitted to the online career website and had an interview with the branch manager prior to in house interview. There was a basic math and english exam before they conducted the interview. Overall a very quick process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Cathay Bank Careers. After few days, HR called me, and scheduled an interview. I took a test there, and a 15 minutes interview with HR. The next day, they called again, and set an interview with the branch. The people interviewed me including the branch mananger and VP, they asked some general questions, not hard. However, they did not mention about salary. So I asked them what's the salary? They asked me what you expect, then they give me a lower offer. According to them, the salary for teller is fixed. It is kind of hard to get bonus. That's the main reason I declined the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview consists of two parts: a free response essay with math exercises and an one-to-one interview. For the first part, it's asking to describe your skills in writing in 20 minutes. For the math exercises, it has several sections. You have 10 minutes to complete 50-100 simple math questions without using calculator.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness? How are you capable of this position?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

Phone interview takes about 30 minutes. They ask very general questions, like "introduce yourself, why you leave your current job, what's your biggest challenge in your past work and how you overcome it?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional interview process. You need to pass 4 steps which includes phone interview, on-site interview, online test, back ground check. The phone interview questions are general interview questions but still need to be well prepared.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

HR contacted me to do preliminary interview. I was then scheduled to meet with several senior executive manager for one on one intereview. The process was a little long with nothing too hard.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

General behavior questions, not hard..but the waiting interview process is kind of long. Because they are not only interview you. Phone interview was asked general behavior question and what do you know about the bank. The face to face interview also asked you what do you know about the bank. Just do some research then you should be fine.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

Interview

It’s an entry level job so it was a straight forward phone interview to find out about your interest level on the job and how well you will work with your potential colleagues. Background finding on how much you know about what the role entails. Your attitude towards learning and work environment. And how much you know about the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are/is your weakness?
      What do you know about the company?   Answer Question