Catholic Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Health System Interview Questions

Interviews at Catholic Health System

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Catholic Health System.

Interview

The interview was brief, relatively informal and very informative about what the expectations of the position are. I met with the hiring manager and another employee in the department.

Interview Questions

• What is one question that I did not ask you that I should have?   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Was very nervous going in for interview, but it was easy ! they love nursing students ! if your in nursing school a great place to get a good feel of hospital pace.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Orchard Park, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

A day or two after submitting my application online I was called to set up an in person interview. When I arrived for my interview I waited an hour because the person interviewing me had a meeting. They decided to just have another person do my interview which I thought was fine but she had no idea what position I was even interviewing for. So, it wasn't much of an interview, I was just asked why I wanted to work there and if I needed any days off. I received a call back a couple of days later and was offered a position. I had applied for the 1st shift and said I could not work the other shifts, so I thought that is what I was being hired for, it was not. I was also unable to find out if I was hired for a full-time position until I went into the facility for my first day.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really quick. The person made the interview very relaxing (more like a conversation rather than an interview). During the process, she asked about what my goals are for the position. She also stated that attendance and punctuality is an important part of being an employee.

Interview Questions

• If I call your former employer right now, what would they say is your strongest quality?   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

All communication was with the hiring manager, no HR involvement. Had to reschedule 2x, once on my end & once on theirs. Good exchange & conversation. Was told during the process they were looking for someone with more of a research background than actual healthcare, which didn't match the job posting.

Five days after the interview, I was contacted by the hiring manager about next steps in the process. Was told they were going to contact my references before moving further. Received a no thank you email 2 weeks later. Confirmed with my references that not one was contacted. Discouraging telling a candidate you will be checking references then do not follow through on it. In my experience, I have never been told by a prospective employer that they were checking references and an offer did not follow through.

Interview Questions

• What research techniques have you used in the past & how has it contributed to a project's success?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Niagara Falls, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

poor feedback; respond only via email even for current employees. Several strong candidates interviewed. One person ran the interview. Appeared she made all decisions for company. Was left with a poor impression of the organization-McCauley Seton Home Care

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

15-30 minutes interview. Mostly standard questions set by the interviewer. Questions related to yourself. Not much preparation is needed for this interview. Overall easy interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roslyn Heights, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Roslyn Heights, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Talent acquisition contacted me and asked me a few questions about myself and what my interests were as new Nurse, and then asked if I was available to come in for an interview. The interview was with talent acquisition two days later and everyone was super friendly. I was then set up for another interview with a Nurse manager the follow week. The process went very quick. My passion was for the NICU and I found the team to be very supportive of me following my path to work with newborns. They welcomed me to come for the next interview but helped guide me in the direction of other hospitals that could offer me pediatrics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced a difficult patient or family and how you worked through the situation.   Answer Question
    • If you had to summarize yourself in three words what would they be?   Answer Question
    • What would you contribute to this health care team?   Answer Question

Activties Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

When looking for work, I had called another Catholic Health facility for a job and inquired if they had openings in my field. She said they did not, but kindly directed me to another one of their facilities that she knew was looking for someone with my experience as an Activity Leader. When I called for an interview, the Director asked if I could come for an interview the very next day.

When I arrived, we talked in her office and I offered some new and bright activity ideas for the elderly living there in the Catholic Health System nursing home, St. Francis. She seemed pleased to hear my creative ideas and noticed my enthusiasm. I was offered the job right there and then.

One year later she went to bat for me to increase my hours from P/T to F/T. Two years into my time at St. Francis of Buffalo, she again helped by suggesting me for a new activities program designed just for the elderly folks living their with dementia. I was chosen to become the Dementia Care Program Assistant to the Speech Therapist. This brought a pay raise and much joy in designing my own programs and the fulfillment of aiding the people with dementia to maintain their social and verbal skills.

Interview Questions

• What will you be doing in 5 years...what are your long range goals ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interviewer told me the wage and I was happy with it.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Reviewed education and experience along with future goals. Interview was one on one process rather quick. I did bring my nursing license along with letters of recommendation and school transcript. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this organization in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was starting per union defined scale.