Catholic Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

All communication was with the hiring manager, no HR involvement. Had to reschedule 2x, once on my end & once on theirs. Good exchange & conversation. Was told during the process they were looking for someone with more of a research background than actual healthcare, which didn't match the job posting.

Five days after the interview, I was contacted by the hiring manager about next steps in the process. Was told they were going to contact my references before moving further. Received a no thank you email 2 weeks later. Confirmed with my references that not one was contacted. Discouraging telling a candidate you will be checking references then do not follow through on it. In my experience, I have never been told by a prospective employer that they were checking references and an offer did not follow through.

Interview Questions

• What research techniques have you used in the past & how has it contributed to a project's success?   1 Answer

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (New Orleans, LA) in June 2010.

Interview

Asked about experience

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring to this agency?   1 Answer

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Cheektowaga, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very good. It had fun and interesting questions about your characteristics, attributes, personality. There were two person interviewing me. They both worked as part of the OR TEAM. They hired me almost right on the spot. When the recruiter tried to challenge the decision. This interviewer was firm in his decision to continue to hire. (I should say the recruiter and I had a few run ins in the prior week because he challenged my certification).

Interview Questions

• They asked how did you handle most challenging boss you have had.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

It was one panel interview. Very laid back and very friendly. Job had quite a bit of turnover so they were quite reluctant to fill the position right away. I was given an offer within one week and started right away. I have been there four years

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I applied online. At least a month later, the HR department contacted me to chat briefly about my resume and set up an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How will your skill set benefit the department/organization?
      What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Reviewed education and experience along with future goals. Interview was one on one process rather quick. I did bring my nursing license along with letters of recommendation and school transcript. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this organization in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was starting per union defined scale.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I came in through a professional recruiter so the interview process was easy. Most people have an initial HR screening interview followed by a second with the manager

Corporate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Catholic Health System.

Interview

Applied online their corporate website. I was callled about 2 weeks later for an on-site interview. The recruiter called two days prior to the date that they wanted to schedule the interview. The interview was with the recruiter and the director at the same times. Very relaxed interview process that only took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General questions about career path, prior work experience, goals, and systems used in previous work.   Answer Question

Compensation not competitive with other companies

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roslyn Heights, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Roslyn Heights, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Talent acquisition contacted me and asked me a few questions about myself and what my interests were as new Nurse, and then asked if I was available to come in for an interview. The interview was with talent acquisition two days later and everyone was super friendly. I was then set up for another interview with a Nurse manager the follow week. The process went very quick. My passion was for the NICU and I found the team to be very supportive of me following my path to work with newborns. They welcomed me to come for the next interview but helped guide me in the direction of other hospitals that could offer me pediatrics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced a difficult patient or family and how you worked through the situation.   Answer Question
    • If you had to summarize yourself in three words what would they be?   Answer Question
    • What would you contribute to this health care team?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really quick. The person made the interview very relaxing (more like a conversation rather than an interview). During the process, she asked about what my goals are for the position. She also stated that attendance and punctuality is an important part of being an employee.

Interview Questions

• If I call your former employer right now, what would they say is your strongest quality?   Answer Question