Catholic Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

All communication was with the hiring manager, no HR involvement. Had to reschedule 2x, once on my end & once on theirs. Good exchange & conversation. Was told during the process they were looking for someone with more of a research background than actual healthcare, which didn't match the job posting.

Five days after the interview, I was contacted by the hiring manager about next steps in the process. Was told they were going to contact my references before moving further. Received a no thank you email 2 weeks later. Confirmed with my references that not one was contacted. Discouraging telling a candidate you will be checking references then do not follow through on it. In my experience, I have never been told by a prospective employer that they were checking references and an offer did not follow through.

Interview Questions

• What research techniques have you used in the past & how has it contributed to a project's success?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roslyn Heights, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Roslyn Heights, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Talent acquisition contacted me and asked me a few questions about myself and what my interests were as new Nurse, and then asked if I was available to come in for an interview. The interview was with talent acquisition two days later and everyone was super friendly. I was then set up for another interview with a Nurse manager the follow week. The process went very quick. My passion was for the NICU and I found the team to be very supportive of me following my path to work with newborns. They welcomed me to come for the next interview but helped guide me in the direction of other hospitals that could offer me pediatrics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced a difficult patient or family and how you worked through the situation.   Answer Question
    • If you had to summarize yourself in three words what would they be?   Answer Question
    • What would you contribute to this health care team?   Answer Question

Activties Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

When looking for work, I had called another Catholic Health facility for a job and inquired if they had openings in my field. She said they did not, but kindly directed me to another one of their facilities that she knew was looking for someone with my experience as an Activity Leader. When I called for an interview, the Director asked if I could come for an interview the very next day.

When I arrived, we talked in her office and I offered some new and bright activity ideas for the elderly living there in the Catholic Health System nursing home, St. Francis. She seemed pleased to hear my creative ideas and noticed my enthusiasm. I was offered the job right there and then.

One year later she went to bat for me to increase my hours from P/T to F/T. Two years into my time at St. Francis of Buffalo, she again helped by suggesting me for a new activities program designed just for the elderly folks living their with dementia. I was chosen to become the Dementia Care Program Assistant to the Speech Therapist. This brought a pay raise and much joy in designing my own programs and the fulfillment of aiding the people with dementia to maintain their social and verbal skills.

Interview Questions

• What will you be doing in 5 years...what are your long range goals ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interviewer told me the wage and I was happy with it.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Reviewed education and experience along with future goals. Interview was one on one process rather quick. I did bring my nursing license along with letters of recommendation and school transcript. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this organization in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was starting per union defined scale.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Boston, NY).

Interview

normal questions, one on one with suopervisor, tour of facility, overall experience was good, no weird personality questions, all questions applied to position and knowledge of nursing. did not feel pressured or on the spot and felt that everything was appropriate and professional. this was one of my first interviews out of school so I probably did not come across full of confidence but I was hired

Interview Questions

• where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

no ability to negotiate

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Cheektowaga, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very good. It had fun and interesting questions about your characteristics, attributes, personality. There were two person interviewing me. They both worked as part of the OR TEAM. They hired me almost right on the spot. When the recruiter tried to challenge the decision. This interviewer was firm in his decision to continue to hire. (I should say the recruiter and I had a few run ins in the prior week because he challenged my certification).

Interview Questions

• They asked how did you handle most challenging boss you have had.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I applied online. At least a month later, the HR department contacted me to chat briefly about my resume and set up an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How will your skill set benefit the department/organization?
      What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I came in through a professional recruiter so the interview process was easy. Most people have an initial HR screening interview followed by a second with the manager

Corporate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Catholic Health System.

Interview

Applied online their corporate website. I was callled about 2 weeks later for an on-site interview. The recruiter called two days prior to the date that they wanted to schedule the interview. The interview was with the recruiter and the director at the same times. Very relaxed interview process that only took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General questions about career path, prior work experience, goals, and systems used in previous work.   Answer Question

Compensation not competitive with other companies

Applications Programmer Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

After internal bidding I sent an email to hiring manager, and received an interview request via email within a week after applying. Received a interview a week later, was told it'll be about two weeks before I receive an response. It has now been about three weeks still no reponse.

Interview Questions

• "How would your current team manage after your departure, if you was to be hired?"   Answer Question