Cavender's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cavender's Interview Questions

Interviews at Cavender's

1.7

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cavender's (San Marcos, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Before you go in, turn your radio station to the country station and listen to 3 or 4 country songs to get you in the feel. Once that's over head over to the store and tell them you're waiting for your interview with the manager. They will call the manager over the phone and say it'll be about 10 minutes. Youll look around the store and want to buy something right away. Then the manager will come to you and bring you to the back. you're brought into the office. If you do great and answer all the questions you have the job after the interview. This family values since Cavender's is a family owned store.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cavender's (Midland, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I met the manager who was very friendly. It was a 1:1 interview in the manager's office. I was offered the job on spot after filling out an application.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my schedule   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavender's (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

as soon as I walked into the store i was taken to the office and the whole thing went very smooth. I was only asked about my availability and hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavender's (San Marcos, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, I was called the next morning to come in for an interview that day. The manager was pretty distracted so it was an abnormally long interview. Employees kept interrupting. He didn't really ask much, we had more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, cashiers start at minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Cavender's (Hurst, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

It was pretty simple just like any job asked a couple of questions on how you would deal with customers. Also questions about your personality. After they finish the interview they will let you know if you got hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Cavender's (Lufkin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Asked about my sale experience, what could i bring to the company and how could i bring up the sales. If i got the job could i handle wirking in kids department

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can help the customers   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavender's (Tyler, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Basic questions, very friendly, family atmosphere, amazing company to work for. They want good worker with good respectable morales. There more concerned with no theft background and to see if you will get along with other workers it's a warehouse environment.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to company   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cavender's (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to shop at the store and saw they were hiring. I was filling out an application and they decided to do an on the spot interview. I got the job the same day. I was only intending to shop!

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavender's (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was easy. I went into cavender's and applied in the store. As soon as I turned in my application the manager interviewed me. The manager interviewed me for 5 to 10 minutes. He only asked like three to four questions

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cavender's.

Interview

There were 4 interviews. The hiring manager takes time in finding the right people.

Interview Questions

• Do you balance your checkbook on a daily basis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. I received what I asked for. After I had been there a year, realized I asked too little, however, I did receive a good raise this year and that bumped me up to where I should have been when I started.