Centaur Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Centaur Media

2.9

CRM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Centaur Media (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview with the CRM manager. He started with describing the company, It seems like the company is going through some kind of restructure, selling branches of the business and so on. That really ruined the interview and my interest in the position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centaur Media (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Standard interview process, two stage interview. For the second interview I had to write an email and some social media posts. Both interviews lasted around an hour each time

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Centaur Media (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly straight forward. I applied online via the company website simply through inputting my contact details and uploading my CV (no cover letter required).
    I only heard back a month later when the application closed and I had a brief phone interview with a HR repesenative. This included questions on my experience, interest in the role and salary expectations. A week later after passing the initial HR screening I had another call with the line manager of the position. The questions were more or less the same however, the call was pleasant.
    Just over a week later I was invited for a face to face interview at the office (based off of Oxford Street) with the same line manager but also the Editor.
    The interview lasted around 20mins, with all the standard questions you expect and I was given a briefing on the overall wider Centaur group as well as the brand I’d be working for. After all the questions I was given three short tests on grammar, spelling and industry knowledge. Though I wasn’t expecting this, it was all pretty easy. I was even trusted to honestly complete the tests as the interviewers respectfully stepped outside for around 15mins to give me time to complete the sheets.

Interview Questions

• The general questions, why do you want to work forus? What do you know about the company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? etc.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Interview

The recruiter sounded really promising that I would be invited in for an interview with the client services department, but I never heard back from them. I emailed the recruiter to ask for an update and no reply.

Centaur Media Response

May 16, 2018 – Group Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience, which sadly only this occasion was not a positive one.

Providing candidates with feedback is extremely important to the internal recruitment team, however for certain types of roles we receive in-excess of 100+ applications making responding to everyone an impossible task. We also utilise several recruitment agencies therefore I'd like to understand a bit more about your personal experience to ensure we can make continual improvements as a department.

I'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly therefore please contact me initially on luke.bartram@centaurmedia.com to arrange a call.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centaur Media (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

2 stage interview:
    1st - informal interview with line manager to discuss the role and learn more about me personally.
    2nd - more in depth interview with line manager and commercial director. Questions focused on motivations for applying, work experience and some scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Some scenario based questions - what would you do if?....etc   Answer Question

Senior Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centaur Media (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly quick and positive experience. A fairly informal chat with the Head of Events Department however upon leaving the interview I was under the impression I was to be contacted for a follow up meeting with the rest of the team. I was never contacted again. I asked the recruitment manager for feedback and an answer to whether the position had been filled or not and was never given a reply.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging thing about working at Centaur Media?   Answer Question

Advertising Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centaur Media (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

They didn't know what they were doing. Played good cop, bad cop routine. One was strict and interrupted the other, while the other nodded and played the light jovial type. One kept undermining the other which was very rude and should have been a warning sign about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Centaur Media (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Casual but delving questions..background, how much do I know about the company and products. It was informal but well planned,there was no task set as I had already worked with in the industry. I was not left to wait and had an answer within 24 hours of the interview.
    There was information on the back ground of the company, salary and incentive structure.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centaur Media (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Long winded, you meet with someone called Ralf, then you meet with your team leader, then you meet with senior manager and then you come back and meet the team again. Very easy to pass