Centerline Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Director/Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centerline Digital (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Lots of communication during process. Friendly, open dialog during interviews. You get to talk to a variety of people you'd actually be working with. Pretty straightforward and human questions. Treated to lunch.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centerline Digital (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Easy! They pull any employee that has a free minute to interview you. They aren't prepared and usually only receive your resume an hour or so before the interview. They are mostly just checking to see if you would be a good "culture fit" for the company.

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centerline Digital.

Interview

Prompt initial communication around first and second interviews. In second interview it was clear that the agency was hiring for a very specific niche that didn't align with the job description posted online. The were very cagey when asked about the typical workday, the relationships with clients, and career development. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another digital agency with 400 percent turnover that tries to gloss it over with happy hours and other fringe benefits that won't appeal to anyone over 25.

Interview Questions

• summary of background (reiterating contents of my resume) and questions about my experience interacting with clients. Not a lot of questions overall, and little insightful dialogue; HR seems pretty green.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Centerline Digital (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Most unprofessional interview I have had in the course of my career. The interviewers did not seem interested from the moment the interview began. The director kept yawning, stretching back in his chair and looking around like he couldn't wait to leave. The reviews posted here depict exactly what the company is all about: unprofessional.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centerline Digital in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Very informative. Outstanding employee benefits - company pays 100% of the premium, which is unheard of these days. Work hard, play hard environment. Wonderful group of very creative, talented people! Great place to work.

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centerline Digital (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy 3 months process, going back and fort with HR and the interviewing panel. I probably interviewed with at 9 people total. after 3 months they mad an offer, but the pay was really low.

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Centerline Digital (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall the process seemed more lengthy than normal but there were also unavailability on both parties at times to make the schedules coordinate. All interviewers were transparent and genuine. Other than the phone screening, my two in person interviews were very informal which was the culture I perceived when visiting both times.

Interview Questions

• What's your strongest quality you'll bring to the team?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centerline Digital (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very confusing process with Centerline. Interviewed, went well, met the team and was made an offer several days later by the interviewers. The offer was made verbally/over the phone. No set time for a decision was specified. With minimal HR contact up to this point, I asked that an HR person contact me to discuss details. Three business days later, received an email very ambiguously revoking the offer but praising my background and explaining that I was still a good fit for the team. After responding to the email and explaining my confusion at this, I was asked to come in to meet other team members. This turned into a primary interview all over again with the same people and very similar questions. At the end of this, met with someone in HR, talked salary and expectations. HR contact called several days later to say that, although I was a great fit for the team, they were shifting in a different direction and no longer sure if that position was still open. HR contact explained that the verbal offer over the phone was not sanctioned and was 'jumping the gun'.

What if I had left my current job or announced that I was leaving for another offer when it was not a sanctioned offer? The HR contact simply said that they are not perfect and make mistakes. To me, this signals a red flag that communication and organization is are major issues as is clear allocation of authority.

Overall, incredibly confusing process yet easy interviews. Company culture does seem nice, though.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client that wanted something very specific yet did not fit with what they actually needed?   Answer Question

Assistant Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centerline Digital (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then two in person interviews. They went really well, but I still didn't get the job. The place looks like a great environment, but I heard it was really fast paced, which I'm sure some people won't like. Mostly women work there, which I was impressed by, and they were super friendly.

Interview Questions

• A client wants to create a new media campaign, what's the first thing you do?   1 Answer

Interactive Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centerline Digital in September 2015.

Interview

Waited 3 weeks, HR emailed to set up a phone interview. Interview went well, took about 45 minutes to go through all their questions and mine. At the end of the interview, I was asked to send in some of my most recent projects. Unfortunately, the hiring managers moved forward with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• How will your background fit this role. Fairly standard and straightforward interview questions.   Answer Question