Centinela Feed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centinela Feed

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centinela Feed (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Really easy process. Did a phone screen to start where they asked basic questions. Then had an in person interview with the store manager. After that completed the drug test and the background check before could accept position. They do a hair based drug test which can go back a while.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centinela Feed (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied to several locations over Workpop. Got a call about a week later from one location, they performed a phone interview first, pretty much the same questions as the once conducted in person. The woman interviewing me said she would let her assistant manager know how I did and I would get a call either later that night or the next morning. I got called two hours later and was asked to come into an interview. I had to fill out their official application in store then went to the manager's office for an interview. Overall it was typical, he asked generic questions like why should we hire you, what is your experience in retail. They will call you references! If they end up wanting to hire you they will perform a background check for DUIs and a hair drug test, which I was told can trace back to as far as six months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the end of the interview they asked what you expect for pay. I got minimum wage, there is no argument about it, it is the baseline pay for all new employees.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centinela Feed (Torrance, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by COO and Marketing Manager at the same time. The interview lasted a little less than thirty minutes. They asked some basic questions about my background, work, and current employment.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centinela Feed.

Interview

I applied online. 3 months later, I was given a call in the middle of the day from the assistant manager asking for me to come in for an interview. Interviewed in store with the general manager a week later, and was offered employment. Interview was fairly casual-- the managers wear T-shirts and it was held in the store office so it was not a formal environment. I was given an appointment to go to a place in Culver City to do a hair sample drug test, and offered employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that the base rate of pay would be minimum wage, with opportunities for raises later on. No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centinela Feed.

Interview

I applied for the job in person. Following, I had a phone interview with the assistant manager, then an in-person interview with the assistant manager, then another in-person interview with two floor supervisors. Upon being hired, I endured a hair-sample drug test. One month later, I had to repeat the hair-sample drug test because not enough hair was taken the first time. An entire hiring process that took about 2.5 months.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centinela Feed (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The questions are exactly the same for the phone interview as the in person interview. a couple yes or no questions. The whole process is fairly easy. Once they pass you on to the face to face they do a background check if they like you and once that comes back they ask you to come in to pick up a drug test packet for a hair follicle drug test so make sure not to waste any time if you can't pass as you can't hide anything in hair testing and it goes back for months.

Interview Questions

• What would your last employer say about your attendance?
      How do you prioritize?
      What do you consider to be good customer service?
      Do you care about animals?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centinela Feed in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviews on two different days. Each interview was probably no more than 10 minutes. They'll hire you as long as you're nice and not too shy. But always be prepared!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation to be had. They pretty much explained everything to me during the interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centinela Feed (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

You can apply online, or in person at a retail location. They also have job fairs at various locations throughout the year where you can get an on the spot interview with a Store Manager. Once you apply the process generally is a phone interview, then an in person interview, a reference check, and then a drug test. If all that goes good you're hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best canidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the role of an assistant manager is?   Answer Question
    • They'll ask about your sales history, how well you did, and why you think you did well.   Answer Question
    • They'll ask about how you train people.   Answer Question
    • They have you do this thing where you need to rate your past employees on a scale of 1 to 5. 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, be ready for it.   Answer Question
    • They'll ask about challenges and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's not much room for negotiations. But I was able to get a bit more than what was originally offered to me, so I'd always recommend trying.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centinela Feed (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I received a call back asking if I was still interested in the position I said yes however my school would conflict and i got offered a sales associate position instead full time which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for 10.00 they offered me 9.50

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centinela Feed (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Relatively short, lots of questions directed at how you manage your employees and upset customers. They are very interested in what you would spend your time doing, which should be directing the sales floor and making sure employees are being efficient.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset or difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, just accepted the job. I