Cover image for Certified Languages Int'l

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Certified Languages Int'l Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

In Person8%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Certified Languages Int'l

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l (Centennial, CO) in May 2021

Interview

Soheila is definitely a great person to work with! She guided me throughout the recruiting process with patience and she is always being very clear and thoughtful, and highly efficient too!

Interview Questions
  • It is a language assessment test made of 3 parts including vocabulary, medical statements and clinical scenarios.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l (Pittsburgh, PA) in Dec 2020

Interview

The recruiter contacted my on Friday, initial interview on Monday then the language test on Tuesday, result is back on Thursday so overall it took less than a week. It was very quick! I failed the medical terms part due to the fact that it was pretty difficult. There was no book, source or glossary to study beforehand. During the interview, they asked me 50 words( switching sporadically between English Vietnamese), I have 5 seconds to answer but the was NO REPETION whatsoever (couldn't hear it well, phone connection etc...) let alone having enough time to look it up. I felt overwhelmed afterward. The role play part is slightly easier where I interpreted a scenario between a nurse and a mother with her infant. I asked for repetition twice and was aware of the pace of the conversation and accuracy.

Interview Questions
  • How many years of experience do you have? Do you a landline phone? Are you willing to get one after accepting the job offer?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l (Houston, TX)

Interview

Very lengthy and no feedback at all unless you push. It makes you feel very insecure about where you stand especially when it takes 4 months to get a response and you are trying to decide on your livelihood.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Certified Languages Int'l

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l

Interview

A lot of strange vocabularies and sentences which I never use during regular interpretation. The feeling is terrible, the test is not even close to the daily work. And it makes me feel like taking terrible exam in school. I don't understand why they even have two different parts of tests. It should be only one if the test is required.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l (Boston, MA) in Feb 2017

Interview

There is no interview process. Instead, there are three tests you have to pass to demonstrate proficiency in medical terminology and overall interpreting skills. Everything is done remotely by telephone. At all times the CLI people I dealth with were courteous and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Not applicable. Just make sure you review your medical vocabulary. The first portion of step I found to be the hardest, 50 medical terms that you have to provide the term in the target language. The next two much easier but not a cake walk either, interpreting scenarios. The first one is automated, you listen to recording then render in target language. The last is live with 2 other people on phone playing doctor and LEP.
9 people found this interview helpful

Certified Languages Int'l

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l in Jan 2017

Interview

You can sense the intensity of their employees by watching their videos. The test that they gave to me wasn't that hard at all but the recruiter was not giving me an accurate instruction for the second part of the test. Also, it was a bit weird that he at first told me that wasn't really anyone available for the test that day but then had called me all the sudden later on saying it was available, not so sure who was on the phone with me for the test that day. For this job and pay, I am sure it is not worth for me to go thru like this.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l (Portland, OR) in Jun 2015

Interview

Very casual interview. Wear business casual. Bring in the application or you'll be asked to return later. Interview is with hiring manager of CSR's and a senior CSR. Come prepared with everything they all and it'll speak volumes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l (Portland, OR) in Mar 2015

Interview

It was a standard interview, but the managers were more interested in my long term goals. I think it was easier for me because I was already with the company. They knew my work style, but just had to go through the formalities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Certified Languages Int'l

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l

Interview

Most of the first exchage is done via email. You are then set up with a test mostly medical terminology. The test is divided in three parts, single vocabulary, sentences and then long sentences.

Interview Questions
  • Because it is a test against a recorded machine, you have a set amount of time very quickly to render in the other language. I found the test to be very difficult, specially the last part with paragraphs of up to 4 or 5 sentences said very quickly. The last part of the test is design to test your reaction when you miss information, do you give up or do you continue regardless of having missed information. Mainly medical terminology and environments. CLI calls are mostly medical. I did very good in the test.
13 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Certified Languages Int'l (Portland, OR) in May 2014

Interview

-The details in the job posting were accurate in comparison to the job experience -I spoke with Stacy (hiring manager) and I was very impressed with her overall - she made me feel like this would be a company I would want to work for. -Stacy asked me relevant questions and was happy to answer all of my questions. -The in-person interview was very comfortable and easy.

Interview Questions
  • I remember being asked about the previous positions I held that were listed on my resume. They asked me what I liked most and least about my previous experiences.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews