Challenger School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Challenger School Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Challenger School (Austin, TX).

Interview

Took two written assessments (one was timed and the other wasn't). Then had discussions with directors/headmasters. Gave a sample lesson to a class while being observed and had more interviewing afterward.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good teacher?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School.

Interview

I was invited to the corporate office to take a survey and aptitude test. I then was invited to do a teaching interview at one of their schools. Afterwards I met with the principle for a half hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Challenger School (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

First submission of Essay, cover letter, and resume. After 2 days I got called to do a first assesment which consisted on my view of US politics. They asked what I think about socialism. After one day they called for an interview.
    When they called for the interview Happening next day they gave me a time frame which I was unavailable. The time frame was 12pm to 3pm. I explained that I could make it there anytime but from 12 to 3. The person was strict, and said either I make it there or they were not interested. Very sad to hear they did not care about others. I had compromise to work during that timeframe, and although I am looking for another opportunities I do not let people I work with short hand when I know they need the most! Very sad they want people with great work ethics yet they are not willing to be readonable to the ones who present it not in their favor!
    I never made to the interview. I never got a job offer.
    It is a very political concervative company.

Interview Questions

• Your view of America, and your view on socialism.   1 Answer

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Challenger School.

Interview

They made me do a basic English/Math Screening test. Then I did a political Survey and filled in an application form. Later an In- person interview. Overall I would rate it as a descent experience. The interviewer had a good attitude. So that would make us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• what is it that you always wanted to do but never did? What job represented you the most?   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Took over 3 weeks for a call to come in!
    Had a verbal interview, basic info & questions.
    Then stayed for a 12 min timed test of 50 questions (don't worry, they even inform you that you won't get through them all). After that you have a questionarre about politics & how involved in specific issues you would get (all multiple choice, except last question). At the end of the survey it asks you your view of socialism in no more than 2 sentences.
    Then you have to fill out a written application.
    They didn't tell me to bring anything but references & I wish I had brought my resume with me so I could just copy & paste the info instead of searching for all of it. (& yes, I turned in a hard copy & online copy of my resume previously).
    After that they said I would hear back in a week about a follow-up interview & if I don't hear anything, then I should call.

I am waiting for a follow-up interview, so they would not have offered any job yet

Interview Questions

• Can you travel to other schools (over an hour away) to sub if needed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School (Sandy, UT).

Interview

I knew a teacher in the company so I did research prior to the interview. Very political company, Tea Party politics, so just make sure your questions and essay are Tea Party answers. Send in resume, cover letter, and brief essay on America. About a week later, got a phone call from the corporate office to schedule testing. At the corporate office take a short IQ test and a political test. You are then given an application to fill out. The HR director (older women dress in all black) will come and ask you political questions and a few questions. Her questions are direct and not difficult. She does not ask questions about teaching. Later you will get a call from the campus to schedule a teaching interview. Give a demo lesson, and in front of a panel of people (director, headmaster, region director) answer questions about the lesson and ideas on teaching. Next day, call and offer of employment for a teaching intern (all teachers start off as interns).

Interview Questions

• Do you give a Valentine to children or let them choose?   3 Answers

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Challenger School (Sandy, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

They begin with an opinion survey that covers lots of political questions like "what is the government's role in healthcare?", "what is the most important thing about the constitution?", etc. The end of the opinion survey asks for your personal views on Socialism. A skills assessment is next which is timed at 12 minutes long and seems like a typical IQ assessment tool.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School.

Interview

The school has very strong political views. If you are not extremely conservative/tea party, I would not recommend applying.

The first step is to submit a resume and an essay on your views of America. Then they call you in to take a political opinion survey and critical thinking test. After that, you do an interview, more testing and do a "teaching interview" where they watch you teach a class.

After I completed the political opinion survey, they called and asked me to come back for an interview. This interview's main purpose was to belittle me and chew me out for selecting the "wrong" answers in the opinion survey. I felt like I was a high schooler being called into the principal's office. I eventually told them what they wanted to hear just to stop the interviewer from bullying me.

Most corporations will politely tell you they are moving forward with other candidates if they don't like something you listed in your application. I have never interviewed anywhere that will call you in, chastise you and bully you into submission.

I could have chosen to move forward in the process, but this is not an environment I would ever want to work in.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Met with HR first so they could do a basic interview with very generic questions--why do you want the position, what are your good qualities/strengths, etc. After that, took a couple tests to make sure I was qualified/intelligent enough to get the position. I believe there were three parts: generic math and reading test, grammar test (specific, must know terms such as compound complex sentence), and an opinion survey. Next step was to meet and interview with the principal of the desired campus. Interview was much more specific, with questions that require more thought. The last step of the interview process was to do a teaching demo for a class while the principal and teacher observed.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall. Questions weren't difficult, just required some thought   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

First time they call you for a written aptitude test and a questionnaire with strange questions. If you get through that (I'm not exactly sure what they were trying to test with that questionnaire) you get called again for an interview which I did.
    The interview consisted of regular teaching related interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in next few years?
      What would you do if a student is not getting the lesson being taught?
      1 Answer