Challenger School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Challenger School Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.5

Elementary Teacher Interview

Interview

-Fill out an application(so bring your resume and references)
    -Take a written test(basic Math and English)
    -Take a political survey(make sure to look up different economic systems)
    -After turning in the paperwork, a quick interview follows
    -Applicant will come back for a class observation
    -Applicant will come back to do a demo class
    -If considered, a final interview follows

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Challenger School.

Interview

First written test,impossible to complete in the given duration,second one not time bounded.Don't know exactly what they are looking for??After giving written test,one middle aged person came,asked about how can I fit this position etc..Person after talking for 15 mins,said you need to meet another person...also I would be called to give a teaching demo,which I never was called for..They take a very long time,may be a month or so to inform about the status, that you are not selected,and your resume is on file for 60 days,if any thing opens suiting they'll contact! Please don't have much hope,that the interview is very simple..u never know why you are rejected before even giving a demo..Just give a try,without much expectations!!! Read one sentence view about socialism!!

Interview Questions

• How do u fit for this position,if you don't have experience teaching young children,very very simple and straightforward questions,but u never know what answers they are looking for??   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Challenger School (Austin, TX).

Interview

Took two written assessments (one was timed and the other wasn't). Then had discussions with directors/headmasters. Gave a sample lesson to a class while being observed and had more interviewing afterward.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School.

Interview

I was invited to the corporate office to take a survey and aptitude test. I then was invited to do a teaching interview at one of their schools. Afterwards I met with the principle for a half hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Challenger School (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

First submission of Essay, cover letter, and resume. After 2 days I got called to do a first assesment which consisted on my view of US politics. They asked what I think about socialism. After one day they called for an interview.
    When they called for the interview Happening next day they gave me a time frame which I was unavailable. The time frame was 12pm to 3pm. I explained that I could make it there anytime but from 12 to 3. The person was strict, and said either I make it there or they were not interested. Very sad to hear they did not care about others. I had compromise to work during that timeframe, and although I am looking for another opportunities I do not let people I work with short hand when I know they need the most! Very sad they want people with great work ethics yet they are not willing to be readonable to the ones who present it not in their favor!
    I never made to the interview. I never got a job offer.
    It is a very political concervative company.

Interview Questions

• Your view of America, and your view on socialism.   1 Answer

Preschool Teacher/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Took over 3 weeks for a call to come in!
    Had a verbal interview, basic info & questions.
    Then stayed for a 12 min timed test of 50 questions (don't worry, they even inform you that you won't get through them all). After that you have a questionarre about politics & how involved in specific issues you would get (all multiple choice, except last question). At the end of the survey it asks you your view of socialism in no more than 2 sentences.
    Then you have to fill out a written application.
    They didn't tell me to bring anything but references & I wish I had brought my resume with me so I could just copy & paste the info instead of searching for all of it. (& yes, I turned in a hard copy & online copy of my resume previously).
    After that they said I would hear back in a week about a follow-up interview & if I don't hear anything, then I should call.

I am waiting for a follow-up interview, so they would not have offered any job yet

Interview Questions

• Can you travel to other schools (over an hour away) to sub if needed?   1 Answer

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Challenger School.

Interview

They made me do a basic English/Math Screening test. Then I did a political Survey and filled in an application form. Later an In- person interview. Overall I would rate it as a descent experience. The interviewer had a good attitude. So that would make us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• what is it that you always wanted to do but never did? What job represented you the most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School (Sandy, UT).

Interview

I knew a teacher in the company so I did research prior to the interview. Very political company, Tea Party politics, so just make sure your questions and essay are Tea Party answers. Send in resume, cover letter, and brief essay on America. About a week later, got a phone call from the corporate office to schedule testing. At the corporate office take a short IQ test and a political test. You are then given an application to fill out. The HR director (older women dress in all black) will come and ask you political questions and a few questions. Her questions are direct and not difficult. She does not ask questions about teaching. Later you will get a call from the campus to schedule a teaching interview. Give a demo lesson, and in front of a panel of people (director, headmaster, region director) answer questions about the lesson and ideas on teaching. Next day, call and offer of employment for a teaching intern (all teachers start off as interns).

Interview Questions

• Do you give a Valentine to children or let them choose?   4 Answers

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Challenger School (Sandy, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

They begin with an opinion survey that covers lots of political questions like "what is the government's role in healthcare?", "what is the most important thing about the constitution?", etc. The end of the opinion survey asks for your personal views on Socialism. A skills assessment is next which is timed at 12 minutes long and seems like a typical IQ assessment tool.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger School.

Interview

The school has very strong political views. If you are not extremely conservative/tea party, I would not recommend applying.

The first step is to submit a resume and an essay on your views of America. Then they call you in to take a political opinion survey and critical thinking test. After that, you do an interview, more testing and do a "teaching interview" where they watch you teach a class.

After I completed the political opinion survey, they called and asked me to come back for an interview. This interview's main purpose was to belittle me and chew me out for selecting the "wrong" answers in the opinion survey. I felt like I was a high schooler being called into the principal's office. I eventually told them what they wanted to hear just to stop the interviewer from bullying me.

Most corporations will politely tell you they are moving forward with other candidates if they don't like something you listed in your application. I have never interviewed anywhere that will call you in, chastise you and bully you into submission.

I could have chosen to move forward in the process, but this is not an environment I would ever want to work in.