Chamberlain University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chamberlain University

1. Featured Interview

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

Very organized and met with multiple staff . Very warm and inviting and answered all of my questions . I felt comfortable in the process and wouldn’t recommend. Working here

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Joliet, IL) in July 2020.

Interview

There were two interviews one with HR and the second with the upper managers. All of them were awesome. They made the process super easy. The HR representative was super helpful and gave a lot of information. She gave me prep information on what to expect during the process. All around it was awesome.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Chicago, IL) in July 2020.

Interview

It was definitely a quick turnaround process! I applied about 3 weeks ago, and 2 weeks later was asked to do an initial 3-question interview (video-recorded). After this, a day later I was contacted to set up a phone interview with a talent acquisition worker. The talent worker was super friendly, and asked me to join a third interview with two Assistant Director's of Admissions. The talent worker even went as far as to e-mail me the day before to give me some tips on how to succeed in the interview. After the third interview, which consisted of a role-playing exercise, the following day I was offered the position contingent on a background and reference check.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 strengths that are important to a role in Admissions?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 strengths that you believe you have? (Can't list the 3 you listed for the role)   Answer Question
    • What type of management style do you prefer?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to prioritize tasks/assignments?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become an admissions advisor?   Answer Question

Clinical Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chamberlain University.

Interview

Submitted application, interviewed with HR. Next step is faculty interview. This is still pending. I need an Indiana RN license since the clinical sites can be both in IL and IN.

Interview Questions

Chamberlain University Response

Jun 17, 2020 – Senior Sourcing Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your feedback and interest in our faculty position. You are correct that an RN license is required for both IL and IN for this specific role. Please reach out to AskHR 1-855-882-4770, so they can connect you with a talent acquisition specialist regarding the next step in the process.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (New Orleans, LA) in June 2020.

Interview

My interviewer was pleasant, professional, and gave me a realistic expectation of the process. COVID-19 interrupted the process. She kept in communication with me throughout the process. After I interviewed, she gave me a timeline for the selection process.

Interview Questions

• To give information about my nursing journey and how it will help me in this position.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chamberlain University in June 2020.

Interview

The Interview was set up in stages with an initial interview, then a second interview and finally a third to confirm hiring. All throughout the process, Chamberlain's staff was professional, upfront, very candid and friendly. A thoroughly pleasant experience. What profoundly impressed me was that Chamberlain cares VERY deeply about its students and wants to insure that they will get their tuition's worth and that their students have a great experience. This is a wonderful university with wonderful people in the organization. I was made an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Explain your teaching experience. They care deeply about hiring experienced instructors. I think they would hire someone you if you are not very experienced but you would have to demonstrate that you are passionate about your students and the material.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chamberlain University.

Interview

The interview process included 3 phases: 1) a screening call with the recruiter; 2) interview with the Manager of Student Services and the Assistant Director of Admissions; 3) interview with the Director of Campus Operations. The recruiter, Sheryl Smith, was extremely helpful and was key in securing my salary expectations. The interview process was overall an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience translate into making you into the best candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Clinical Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Washington, MI) in May 2020.

Interview

Spoke with the talent specialist, then to the Dean of the University. Process was quick and easy. Both people I had spoken with for this position were knowledgable and spoke highly of the university. Gave insight on the job, compensation and training process.

Interview Questions

• What was a goal that you had to achieve   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Chicago, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

Hiring process, requirement for Visiting professor, Student: Professor ratio, Hospitals, 8 weeks clinical. Debriefing, Simulation requirement, Virtual Clinical, I Human Virtual simulation, Rotation pick up options, Clinical rotation of Medical Surgical, Fundamental and Capstone

Visiting Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chamberlain University in March 2020.

Interview

The talent acquisition specialist was very responsive to emails and easy to work with. The DNP interview team made the interview feel more like a conversation. They clearly work well together! It was also evident that they enjoy working for Chamberlain!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you demonstrated care for a student.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by email by Scott Schonning, and then by telephone. He was very thorough and gave excellent explanations about the process. He also helped with the interview process with the dean. His work was quite thorough and I had no surprises.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I made online education engaging for students.   Answer Question