Chamberlain University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chamberlain University Interview Questions

Interviews at Chamberlain University

Advisor Interview

Interview

I was called for an interview and they spoke with me over the phone about my experience pertaining to the position and ways that I can contribute to the organization.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult issues?   1 Answer

Nursing Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Addison, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is awful!! I have never experienced anything like it. Every person you talk to tells you how there are hundreds of applicants, blah, blah, blah. It is very unprofessional. Then, you interview with people who have less credentials than you.

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first call received was from the actual recruiter who talks to you about pursuing a job at Chamberlain. She sends you some pre-questions to answer. If they like your answers, then you get a follow-up phone call. They ask to forward your information to the team and give you some times and dates for a team conference call. After your conference call, the recruiter lets you know if they are interested in offering a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel qualifies you to teach this subject?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Troy, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I dealt with a recruiter first and then was sent an online exam that needed to be completed within 24 hours. I was then contacted and interviewed by the dean of campus operations

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you have overcome a challenging situation in a past job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Addison, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call from Human Resources, had a brief interviewed over the phone with recruiter. Really informational about the position. A couple of days later received invite for interview with both Assistant director of admissions and the director of admissions. Interview was very standard. Not too many difficult questions. Helps if you read about the requirements of the position, and have experience on over the phone sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chamberlain University.

Interview

--Applied online.
    --Received an email about setting up a phone interview.
    --Phone interview took about 30 +/- minutes.

IT'S SCRIPTED. My interview sounded like he was reading. I've had dozens of phone interviews over my life and I've never come across a scripted interview. They also kept trying to sale me on why Chamberlain was such a good school and the job was so great. Hey, interview person, I'm applying for your open position because I want the JOB. Stop trying to sale me on it.

The interview didn't go bad, but he couldn't answer some basic questions about weekends, needing religious day off, travel, etc. I guess it wasn't in the script as that's the only time they mumbled or used "uh"/"um".

They also wanted me to take a skills test. I find that ridiculous for the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic interview questions that a company would ask. Name a situation . . . tell me about a time . . . describe a moment . . . etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Addison, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I received a phone screening one month after applying online. The phone screening was great. There was just a few questions asking about my previous experience in customer service and we also went over my resume. After the phone screening I was offered a in person interview, which I accepted. The in person interview was different than any interview I have ever had. It was comfortable but also intense! Questions ranging from my own personal life to my professional life.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that came up was not a question at all. It was role playing!   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

The first round phone interview was very straightforward. They asked basic behavioral questions like strengths and weaknesses and why you want to work for the company and why you would be good for the job. The second round was much longer, about 60 minutes. Two people also asked behavioral questions, however they were much more specific and wanted more specific examples.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was a role play scenario where the interviewer pretended to be a student interested in the school and you had to convince them to enroll. It just caught me completely off guard.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chamberlain University.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted to do 2 assessments. From there I had a phone interview and then was brought in for an in person interview with 3 people, including the Dean of Admissions. Phone interview was quite simple, but the in person interview was a bit difficult.

Interview Questions

• Roleplaying seemed to be key to the in person interview about how you would get a potential student to agree to fill out an application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chamberlain University (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview is a little lengthy . It takes about 1 month for them to get back to you. You will also meet with numerous people. First you will have a screening with and HR rep, then you will meet with the hiring manager and the other Associate Directors in the region . Finally you will meet with the Director of Admissions.

Interview Questions

• Give us some strengths and opportunities.   1 Answer