Chatbooks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chatbooks (Orem, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Totally dishonest about what they’re looking for, probably threw away 99% of the resumes they got because of some expectation or requirement they had. Disrespectful towards candidates. Uncommunicative and downright rude.

Intern Interview

Interview

Emailed my resume to hiring manager with a brief cover letter
    Brought in office for 2 interviews
    Received email offer after 2nd interview
    Whole process took about 2 weeks
    Company culture was very clear during interviews

Technology Interview

Interview

The current hiring process is very long and passive. I had several companies that I was working with on completing interviews and everyone was waiting on Chatbooks to complete the process. The managment staff is fun but a little arrogant. I probably would have enjoyed working here, but the interview process was painful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chatbooks in March 2018.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone screen with a Recruiter who clearly knew nothing about the job itself. Then was set up for a 45 minute Skills Assessment, where my would-be supervisor called 30 minutes after our scheduled time and then tried to make the excuse that he/she was "caught in a meeting with executives" as if that is supposed to make the situation better or make me want to jump right into this organization.

Chatbooks Response

Mar 15, 2018 – HR Manager

Hey there - thanks for your feedback. We apologize that your technical/skills interview had scheduling problems and the lack of communication you received. That is unacceptable and we regret how it... More

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatbooks (Provo, UT).

Interview

Recruiter phone call and two additional phone calls with two other team members. Then an in person team interview. The in-person interview consisted of three sets of groups. Probably 9 people overall. I received a free t-shirt and a nice water bottle. Everyone seemed really nice.

Interview Questions

• Do you tend to be more of a "ship" or "amazing" person?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatbooks in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online that had some interview questions that they wanted me to answer via video. Then the phone call interview was a typical interview. They were so chill and down to earth! It was amazing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chatbooks (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was great and laid back. It was conducted via skype. I had kids burst through the door and cause quite the scene. They are family friendly and understood. I felt very comfortable.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

A pretty sketchy experience, to be honest. Applied for a couple positions. I then heard back from some guy from a third party organization saying he was representing the company and would be conducting the interviews. I looked through his website, made sure it wasn't fake or anything like that; it was a pretty popular e-interviewing provider so I decided to consent to the e-interviews. I emailed the guy to see if there could be an extension on the due date because he was requesting I have it done the week of Christmas. He didn't have the tact to respond to that. So I made some adjustments to my schedule and recorded the videos. If you've ever done one of these, they're awkward and painful. They had 4 questions and allowed for two-minute responses. I submitted them and waited. After about a week and a half, I reached out again in an attempt to determine my standing and next steps. Again, he didn't respond. At that point, I decided to be done with this organization. This passive recruitment behavior is too typical in this area so I assumed the business, work environment, pay, etc was similarly typical and likely not something I wanted to continue investing time in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to mediate a disagreement among developers   Answer Question

Chatbooks Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on here. In January, this was brought to our attention and we looked into the third party organization. We had not contacted nor signed with... More

UX Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chatbooks in February 2019.

Interview

After applying online they contacted me 2 days later to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was very awkward. It sounded like she was reading from a script the whole time and couldn't answer any of my questions as she didn't know the details of the position or the impetus for the job opening in the first place. The recruiter just seemed unprepared.

Interview Questions

• What can you add to our company culture?
      What does it mean to work at a startup?   Answer Question