Check Point Software Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Check Point Software Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2018

2.9

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen by calling at 7:30 AM to set up a time. However, she quickly got into salary and other details that I don't believe are appropriate for a first screen. After she found out I don't have the experience she was looking for, which was very clear from my resume so I don't know why she wasted my time, she offered to let me know of a more entry-level position should it become available.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

phone call interview technical and onsite interview professional

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Redwood City, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Started out getting a cold call from the recruiter, scheduled a next day phone interview. Phone interview went well, flew out for a day of on-site interviews shortly after. On-site interviews were a mix of applied problems, one on one design talks, and fairly technical field-specific questions.

The interviews were interesting and fun, the people were friendly and smart, and the whole process was much more enjoyable than any other interview processes I've had.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Redwood City, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

interview with 4-5 bright people that were really good on the technical side. Some with no technical question.
    My favorite question of all time is: I have a 10 digit number and you guess what is it.
    I only say how many digit you got right and how many position of digits are right.

go.

Negotiation

good

Application

Interview

Applied online, HR called asked typical questions about resume and projects. 2-3 weeks later Hiring manager calls asks a few technical questions. on site interview scheduled for programming test.

Interview Questions

• what is the process that happens in the background when trying to communicate with google   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to take a Programming Test (around 4 hours) in a language of my choice. There were four assignments (implementation, debugging, changes to code etc). The test code base that i had to work with was reasonably complicated. It took some time to figure out what it was doing & what i was supposed to do. You are graded on completeness / correctness (whether you can get it to compile) / solution efficiency / approach / code readability etc. They checked on me a cpl times during the test to ask if i had questions & i was free to take breaks if/when needed. Internet access was provided.

I did not do well, even though i consider myself a decent programmer & i eventually got a hang of the overall logic in their test code.

In hindsight, i think a better approach would have been to split the overall test into multiple segments of an hour each: 1 programming assignment, a debugging session with a technical member of their team present ('pair' programming ...), a white boarding session to write algorithms/programs etc. etc. That is, multiple approaches to evaluate instead of giving the candidate several hours to work on assignments on a laptop by himself/herself ...

Other candidates may disagree ... or maybe i'm complaining too much & am technically 'challenged' :)

Regardless, the overall experience was good / interesting. The person i dealt with was very courteous.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and I came in and got interviewed by 2 sales lead. The interview took 2 hours. I spoke to the gentleman about my previous jobs. They were very nice and professional. They didn't ask any curve ball questions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1) Initial phone screen with recruiter [easy job description/run down], 2) Second phone screening with an inside sales team lead [questions about resume, a little bit of "tell me about you"], 3) In-Person interview [Part I: prepare a sales pitch and present] [Part II: resume deep dive, situational questions, description of processes, looking for sales qualities], 4) wait for call back

Interview Questions

• Tell me three good and three bad about you   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

I found the initial phone screen and interview process to be straight forward and professionally managed. I have experienced the gamut over my career, from companies that on multiple occasions neglected to inform me about scheduled phone interviews to organized interviews with an agenda. Check Point fell at the high end. Interviews started on time. I understood the process. Interviewers were polite and fair. On the less positive side, Check Point has some interesting hiring requirements. They required that I submit my W2 for the past two years, which I found odd and mildly offensive. I decided to go ahead and do it largely because the information is probably available elsewhere. Also, the recruiter would not discuss benefits with me until I was formally offered the job.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

I applied the position through company website, then I received two video calls, one from line manager and one from HOD. Then I was contacted by HR to discuss availability and logistics.