Check Point Software Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Check Point Software Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

It started off with a recruiter phone screen. The next steps were to have in-person interviews with peers and the head of marketing. It was a one hour interview with each of those individuals in their office. Then, after having cleared that round, I was given an assignment to create a presentation for a CIO levels about Check Point. I was given about a week to complete the assignment.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses as a marketer?   Answer Question

Sales/Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

Interviews were badly organized. The interviewer confirmed the dates and times multiple times via email but she showed up late on 3 different occasions and not once apologized. common courtesy is to send a quick note telling someone you are running late but this gal made multiple excuses and had no regard for my time nor my schedule. To make things worse after we finally did talk this interviewer told me on 2 different emails they would call me for 2nd interviews then never called. Then she called me back for another job that i wasn't qualified for! She never read my resume, didn't ask professional questions. stay away from this company if you want to be working with professionals.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have? (I am not kidding)   Answer Question

Associate Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Couple phone interviews first then was flown to Dallas for a 'group' session/interview. Some of it was odd like going to the bar and drinking upon arrival with number of managers and expected to shmooze and what not. Following day we had 3 different tests and 2 presentations/interviews with different managers, bit stressful and highly competitive but worth it

Interview Questions

• Was expected to do 5 minute presentation on security related topic   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

I applied the position through company website, then I received two video calls, one from line manager and one from HOD. Then I was contacted by HR to discuss availability and logistics.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

Not a bad sales process, spoke to team I would likely be on and everything seemed very positive until apparently the last person who did not understand English very well. Was rejected for who knows what reason, no response from the two senior personnel that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Something having to do with revenue, if I write the question, they will know who I am.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out saying I was a potential fit for a channel/partner development role. Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter (robotic personality and questions asked) and two weeks go by without next steps. Finally, I get a call from a hiring manager, but for a direct sales group. We discussed a role I had no interest in and that was it. I reached back to the recruiter about the confusion and she said the interview process ended. Waste of time waiting around and did not even get a chance to talk with someone about the actual position I wanted to pursue.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company? Why Check Point?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

The questions were pretty straight forward on how you would deal with customers in certain situations. There were also some assessments that you have to take to test your technical skills. The biggest problem with the whole interview/hiring process was they never got back to me. Emailed and followed up on status but just never heard back. Would be nice to know what the results were.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA).

Interview

They wanted to know more about your experience to verify if you knew what you were talking about and to make sure you were a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience and how you can apply it to Check Point.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Lengthy interview process useful to vet out the right candidates and make sure are good fit for both themselves and the company. A combination of security engineering and sales focused interviews, again to vet out the best fit candidates for the role. Typical difficulty in the technical aspect, required a working knowledge of security and firewall fundamentals and must be able to install/configure and provide a basic overview demonstration of the core product. Good communication skills very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe policy creation, installation, management, log research and troubleshooting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We agreed on a fair compensation package during the interview process before final approval.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview conducted via telephone - innocuous questions that had no content or substance to the position. What exactly is the HR role in all of this? I think I understand the many negative reviews here.