Check Point Software Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Check Point Software Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to take a Programming Test (around 4 hours) in a language of my choice. There were four assignments (implementation, debugging, changes to code etc). The test code base that i had to work with was reasonably complicated. It took some time to figure out what it was doing & what i was supposed to do. You are graded on completeness / correctness (whether you can get it to compile) / solution efficiency / approach / code readability etc. They checked on me a cpl times during the test to ask if i had questions & i was free to take breaks if/when needed. Internet access was provided.

I did not do well, even though i consider myself a decent programmer & i eventually got a hang of the overall logic in their test code.

In hindsight, i think a better approach would have been to split the overall test into multiple segments of an hour each: 1 programming assignment, a debugging session with a technical member of their team present ('pair' programming ...), a white boarding session to write algorithms/programs etc. etc. That is, multiple approaches to evaluate instead of giving the candidate several hours to work on assignments on a laptop by himself/herself ...

Other candidates may disagree ... or maybe i'm complaining too much & am technically 'challenged' :)

Regardless, the overall experience was good / interesting. The person i dealt with was very courteous.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Check Point Software Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

Applied online, HR called asked typical questions about resume and projects. 2-3 weeks later Hiring manager calls asks a few technical questions. on site interview scheduled for programming test.

Interview Questions

• what is the process that happens in the background when trying to communicate with google   Answer Question

Application

Interview

phone call interview technical and onsite interview professional

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Redwood City, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Started out getting a cold call from the recruiter, scheduled a next day phone interview. Phone interview went well, flew out for a day of on-site interviews shortly after. On-site interviews were a mix of applied problems, one on one design talks, and fairly technical field-specific questions.

The interviews were interesting and fun, the people were friendly and smart, and the whole process was much more enjoyable than any other interview processes I've had.

Interview Questions

• What is a D class network?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Redwood City, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

interview with 4-5 bright people that were really good on the technical side. Some with no technical question.
    My favorite question of all time is: I have a 10 digit number and you guess what is it.
    I only say how many digit you got right and how many position of digits are right.

go.

Negotiation

good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2017.

Interview

one on one interview with team leader, no personal question, just hello and then
    Design online chat system, describe your design choices.
    classes and method. no need for full code implementation.
    and simple c cpp code questions.
    GCD, swap without using variables.

Interview Questions

• Design online chat system, describe your design choices.
      classes and method. no need for full code implementation.
      and simple c cpp code questions.
      GCD, swap without using variables.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in September 2015.

Interview

it was a test, 4 programming questions, each one on a different topic, the first one had to do with binary trees, there was one with a hash table, another to fix different bugs, and another one that i don't remember. you had to answer all of them to get to someone to even talk to you or look at you. it is very unpersonal and in my opinion doesn't really check what the candidates are really capable of. if you do not read the question in a forum before, there is almost no chance to answer all the questions correctly in the amount of time you get.

Interview Questions

• don't remember, but there are a lot of different internet sites that has them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in December 2014.

Interview

after having seven hours of three different tests (coding, debugging, ui / ux and so on) with eight more candidates where one or two pass theses tests they call you up for the next stage - team leader interview. the interviewer was late in 30 minutes and was not reachable by phone or email.

Interview Questions

• implement inheritance in c language   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in March 2012.

Interview

Invited to come in and do a test on the computer. Involved 3 parts. One was development in language of your choice, one was Linux related, one GUI related.

Invited for follow up interview with technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in April 2010.

Interview

First, I have been invited to take a technical test ~ 6 hours. It was long but not so difficult. Than on-house interview 2:1, which includes some background test + logical questions.

Interview Questions

• how would your manage new/free operation in an officiant way(O(1)).   1 Answer