Chemeketa Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chemeketa Community College

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chemeketa Community College (Salem, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

Company is professional, although not prompt, in its hiring process. Group interview consisted of pre-written questions that appeared to be conceived without any thought whatsoever to the actual position. They were oriented entirely towards personality and situation. Got the sense they didn't know what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• In what situations has a supervisor given input on your work, making the final product better than it would have been otherwise?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chemeketa Community College (Salem, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted at the college with a group of 5 employees involved in the press, ranging from the dean to a student employee. I was given a chapter to edit prior to the interview and did a mock review session with one of the interviewers. I was also asked to give a 20-minute lesson to the group to show my teaching skills.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Registration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chemeketa Community College (Salem, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I was recruited from a part-time student position. The process included filling out the application, submission of a cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation and then waiting for a call to a formal interview. After the interview, it took a little more than three weeks to be formally hired after the background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your ability to relate to students and co-workers from diverse backgrounds?   Answer Question

Dean Interview

Interview

Awesome, with some extra incentives for contributing ideas that help in the success of students-recruiting and retention of students. Many thank yous and I look forward to support changes that benefit Chemeketa students! Best, Judy

Interview Questions

• As as a Dean, what can you provide students and faculty?   1 Answer

Counter Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chemeketa Community College (Salem, OR).

Interview

It took 20 min.s and I was hired. It was easy and comfortable. Every time I interview, I always bring something from that interview and use it for the next.

Interview Questions

• Why a fit candidate to work here?
      .   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chemeketa Community College (Salem, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Application acceptance followed by relaxed, face to face standard interview. I applied online through governementjobs.com and called several times to emphasize my interest in the position and to inform the hiring manager that I turned my application in and that I was looking forward to an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you have overcame and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Instructional Technician-Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chemeketa Community College (Salem, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the state application, and was invited for an in-person panel interview. When I arrived 30+ mins early as requested, I was given some paperwork to fill out and also given the list of questions I would be asked verbatim. I was asked every question on my sheet in a clock-wise manner, mostly consisting of boilerplate questions unrelated to the specifics of the job. I was never asked about my science background, nor was I asked about my research publications (which I believe would have shown some hands-on experience beyond textbook learning). After the list of questions, I was taken outside the interview room and given a practice tutoring question that I would need to "help" a "student" solve as a practical presentation of my tutoring ability. The question I was given was a unit conversion from metric to imperial. I ended up wasting my time allowance explaining why pounds are technically a unit of force (F=ma) but this question wanted grams/liter converted to pounds/cubic foot (I took this incident as further evidence of uninspired hiring practices). I was then asked to analyze my tutor session, of which I dug a bigger hole for myself by critiquing the question.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your peer tutors made homophobic remarks about a fellow student?   1 Answer