Cheniere Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.9

Upstream Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through university after attending an information session, had an initial phone screening then an all expenses paid trip to Houston to attend the intern super day. They put you up at a very fancy hotel and the first night is a dinner with the team you are going to be interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Why Cheniere?
      What do you know about the Natural Gas Market in North America?
      What do you need to consider in a new business venture?   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts. first part was with two managers; second with the co workers and 3rd with their HR queen to see if i was a "FIT"

Interview Questions

• mostly resume discussion and talk about company;
      the HR person had a very scripted speech about the company and the benefits and said to "he will be reaching out in regards to the results in about 1.5 weeks". in 2 weeks i heard nothing so i decided to shoot a quick e mail to the manager and the HR person, - dead silence, 3 weeks later i had another offer so i had them on hold in hope that Cheniere will finally get back to me - nothing, ignoring calls, e mails... after about 3.5 weeks when i lost my other offer the HR queen sent me a generic "thank you for your time and bla bla bla.."email...
      what a waste of time! bunch of unprofessionals either in HR and the hiring department as well.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy.

Interview

Applied Online. HR did a quick phone screen and then scheduled a phone interview with the Hiring Manager.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was merely a discussion of my resume, interest in the position and trying to see the "fit". I was then contacted and invited for an office interview.
    The office interview was pretty straight forward. Discussed industry in general, previous job, again talked about "fit". The emphasis was on FIT. Had a brief discussion with HR about benefits and future steps. HR did a great job to paint a rosy picture of the company. I was told that I would be informed either way within 2 weeks. I left the interview feeling very confident.

After the deadline was passed, I reached out first to the HR about the update and my email was ignored. After that, I reached out to the Hiring manager, and my email was ignored again.
    I understand people are busy to provide updates, but if a candidate from your office interview who spent 4 hours in your office is reaching out for updates then it takes 10 seconds to say "no" if that is the case. I thought it was pretty rude and unprofessional to ignore a candidate's follow up e-mail after office interview (even if the answer is No). I think I might have dodged a bullet here.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy.

Interview

I applied online after hearing about the company in one of my courses. Human resources contacted me to set up an interview maybe 2-3 weeks after I applied. A week later three people interviewed me via a telephone conference call. The interview lasted 45 minutes. They asked me specific questions about my resume and more. A week and a half later they called to update me about the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

Intern Super Saturday - dinner one night, stay in a hotel, tour the office and interview with 3-4 different people the next day. Very helpful in developing interviewing skills. Excellent questions and good people.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

People were extremely nice and friendly. Culture seemed very friendly and candid about this issues they were dealing with. Seemed there was enormous amounts of change taking place. Interviews were very short in length though which made it hard to understand the role requirements. And people were very short on time and interviewers changed frequently at the last minute.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was simple and regular. I was asked questions regarding my work experience and why I want to work at Cheniere Energy. I was interviewed on how I answered the questions and I believe I was tested to see if I was a good fit for the job and if it fit my interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience at _.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my school. Didn't hear from them for 2 or 3 weeks. Received a phone call saying I had been selected to fly down to Houston for a super day. They flew me down and put me up in a hotel with other candidates for different departments. The first day included a meet and greet cocktail event to get to know some of the employees. Followed by a dinner with the people in the department you would be interviewing with. The next day included a breakfast with a presentation from each departments head, and a round of two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you figure out a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Marketing Branding and Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with an HR Associate on a Friday and then met with the person who would be my immediate supervisor. The whole interview process took only 2 hours. I received an offer that afternoon. I started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is the 1 thing you've learned about events as you have grown ?   1 Answer

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very nice, knowledgeable staff, great experience. Interview was roughly 50 minutes, and was conducted very professionally. The punctuality of this company is second-to-none, in my opinion. They were very eager to finish the process.

Interview Questions

• Will you accept the job if offered?   1 Answer