Cheniere Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cheniere Energy

2.7

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts. first part was with two managers; second with the co workers and 3rd with their HR queen to see if i was a "FIT"

Interview Questions

• mostly resume discussion and talk about company;
      the HR person had a very scripted speech about the company and the benefits and said to "he will be reaching out in regards to the results in about 1.5 weeks". in 2 weeks i heard nothing so i decided to shoot a quick e mail to the manager and the HR person, - dead silence, 3 weeks later i had another offer so i had them on hold in hope that Cheniere will finally get back to me - nothing, ignoring calls, e mails... after about 3.5 weeks when i lost my other offer the HR queen sent me a generic "thank you for your time and bla bla bla.."email...
      what a waste of time! bunch of unprofessionals either in HR and the hiring department as well.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume, called back in about a week. It was a large panel interview - about 6 people. All had pretty difficult questions. After the interview - Human Resource rep came in to speak with me and walked me out. I was then called about two hours later with an offer from the staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• years of exp.
      former employers
      former workloads   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lab Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy.

Interview

The whole process happened in a matter of week, and the interview went great (as per what they said), and every one was laughing by the end of the interview, they also said we will give you a feedback in a matter of two weeks, but after 17 days i got a phone call from my recruiter saying that they hired someone else, but i called their HR to find out what is missing here, they said that I'm an excellent candidate and they were really about to hire me but they have interviewed another candidate who has more years in the industry than me, that's it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult they were totally asking about the work the i was typically doing for 12 years, and they were really happy with the strong background i had (as per what they said too).   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy.

Interview

Applied Online. HR did a quick phone screen and then scheduled a phone interview with the Hiring Manager.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was merely a discussion of my resume, interest in the position and trying to see the "fit". I was then contacted and invited for an office interview.
    The office interview was pretty straight forward. Discussed industry in general, previous job, again talked about "fit". The emphasis was on FIT. Had a brief discussion with HR about benefits and future steps. HR did a great job to paint a rosy picture of the company. I was told that I would be informed either way within 2 weeks. I left the interview feeling very confident.

After the deadline was passed, I reached out first to the HR about the update and my email was ignored. After that, I reached out to the Hiring manager, and my email was ignored again.
    I understand people are busy to provide updates, but if a candidate from your office interview who spent 4 hours in your office is reaching out for updates then it takes 10 seconds to say "no" if that is the case. I thought it was pretty rude and unprofessional to ignore a candidate's follow up e-mail after office interview (even if the answer is No). I think I might have dodged a bullet here.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. They asked many question related to their systems. Most of the interview was getting to meet the team to see if I would mesh. If you have a good strong background and a reference, most likely they will hire you.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Resume + cover letter drop was open long after the info session at my university, by which time the postitions I am most interested in have already closed. An alumni helped me secure a spot on the Super Saturday in a position marginally related to my major. The company provides travel for Super Saturday attendees: flights, rides and hotels. You would be picked up by a suburban at the airport, yet the driver was watching YouTube video the whole trip (even on the highway), which really scared me, and the worst part was that the driver dropped me off at the wrong hotel!!! Gotta drag my suitcase across town to the right hotel. During the mixer, I found that they got my major of study confused with the other dude from my university. All these aspects spoke to the truly commendable care they take for candidates!

The interview itself was chill: I was put through 3 interviewers, all from the department I was "applying for". Questions are a mix of personal experience and professional knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you tackled a difficult challenge (or some resume-based questions along the line).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy.

Interview

I applied online after hearing about the company in one of my courses. Human resources contacted me to set up an interview maybe 2-3 weeks after I applied. A week later three people interviewed me via a telephone conference call. The interview lasted 45 minutes. They asked me specific questions about my resume and more. A week and a half later they called to update me about the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

Intern Super Saturday - dinner one night, stay in a hotel, tour the office and interview with 3-4 different people the next day. Very helpful in developing interviewing skills. Excellent questions and good people.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my school. Didn't hear from them for 2 or 3 weeks. Received a phone call saying I had been selected to fly down to Houston for a super day. They flew me down and put me up in a hotel with other candidates for different departments. The first day included a meet and greet cocktail event to get to know some of the employees. Followed by a dinner with the people in the department you would be interviewing with. The next day included a breakfast with a presentation from each departments head, and a round of two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you figure out a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheniere Energy (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was simple and regular. I was asked questions regarding my work experience and why I want to work at Cheniere Energy. I was interviewed on how I answered the questions and I believe I was tested to see if I was a good fit for the job and if it fit my interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience at _.   1 Answer