Chicago Police Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Police Department Interview Questions

3.2

Police Detective Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chicago Police Department.

Interview

One achieves the rank of Detective by way of competitive exam and a prior history of exemplary work experience. There is, of course, a progression through the ranks and everyone starts out as a Probationary Police Officer before moving on to the status of Police Officer. All promotions accrue from that base.

Negotiation

There was no entry interview, as such, when I was hired. One applied for the job and then took an exam. I would recommend that applicants be educated and literate.

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Police Department (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Background and health screening, drug test and polygraph. Do not lie on any portion of the interview process at it may disqualify you. There is also a power test that consists of a 1 and 1/2 mile run, being able to press about 90% of your weight, sit and reach and sit up.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever committed a crime for which you did not get caught?   1 Answer

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Police Department (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line for the position. I received a letter for interview within 1.5 months. I received several calls to set-up an interview shortly after receiving the letter. I was then told that I had to have a background check at the time of interview. My interview was set-up approximately 2 months after applying.

I met with two representatives that asked a series of questions. I was not given an opportunity to ask any questions and was then directed to a computer lab to take a typing test to describe my qualifications. I was then told the interview was over.

Evidence Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Police Department in February 2008.

Interview

It was a dog and pony show. The individual was already predetermined for the position. The interviewer acted as if it was legit and went through all the motions. It was a complete sham as is most internal open positions within the Chicago Police Department. The Chicago Police Department is well known for nepotism and favoritism. I should have known better. I will never again subject myself to this type charade.