Chicago Transit Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Transit Authority Interview Questions

Interviews at Chicago Transit Authority

Sort:

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority.

Interview

It was a recruiter that called and asked me when would I be available for an in person interview with a panel of 4 people. They had a series of questions that each one asked me to describe a particular situation that I had experienced.

Interview Questions

• What makes me the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Law Clerk Interview

Interview

I applied through my Law School's Career Services office and was selected for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing I had experienced during my first year at law school and how did I overcome it. I was also asked: What is your favorite law class? What can you tell us about yourself that we can't learn from your resume? Why do you want to work at CTA?   3 Answers

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Most in-depth and thorough interview process I have ever experienced. Two sessions with two people interviewing in each. It was a little over an hour in each session and there were roughly 4-6 questions asked in each. All questions required a STAR answer (situation, task, action, result). You are given forewarning that this is what they are looking for during communications with your recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem I have encountered at a previous and how did I resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online when the link becomes live. If your resume matches or seems like a good fit for an internship position that is available, your resume will be pulled and given to the hiring party. The hiring party will decide who they want to interview, and those people will be extended an interview offer. After the interview, wait to hear back and see if you were given the position. The interview is typically panel based with at least 2 people in attendance. CTA uses behavioral based questions, and there are typically 4 that are asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to complete a project. What steps did you go through?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority.

Interview

I submitted my resume, then I was invited to come in for an interview. Interview was behavioral, and the panel asked about 4 or 5 questions before giving me an opportunity to ask my own.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. The interview was a group interview

Intern Interview

Interview

There was a brief phone interview, and within a couple of weeks of the phone interview, I was asked to join in a group interview. Within that, we were divided into smaller groups and asked to solve a simple marketing case. From there, I was later invited to interview with the managers. From application submission to third round interview, it took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I had a gap in my resume, even though I'm a student. Didn't expect that. Otherwise most questions were standard.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

I had my phone interview after 3 weeks when I submitted my resume. In the phone interview, there were some general questions about my interest. Soon after that, I got a phone call from the HR for an onsite interview. I met with the manager of the section later I worked for and was interviewed with some detailed questions for about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was interested in a full-time job after the intern was finished. I wasn't aware of this opportunity and hadn't thought about it. So I hesitated. I guess that did not make a good impression.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Straightforward ~30min interview over the phone. Basic questions about experiences and interest in CTA. Interview was with 2 heads of departments. They were nice and willing to share their experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that's not in your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied a month pass the deadline but they kept my resume on file, surprisingly. I had a phone interview and then I went in for the in-person interview. They asked for career goals and about who I was as a person. I was asked to comeback for a background check and pre-orientation the same day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer