Chicago Transit Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Transit Authority Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

You have to submit a drug screening as well as vision testing, the were multiple driving tests administered. The company does an extensive background test of at least ten years, so make sure you are honest in your work history. The interview also includes watching of a number of short videos.

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two different groups. Each group had two people in them. Bthey essentially ask you about experience and a set of questions regarding different situations you may have been in and how you over came those challeneges.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with conflict ?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation were you had to finish a project but ran into a roadblick. How did you overcome the roadblock ?   Answer Question

Low ball offer from HR. They fail to tell you that this isn't a 40 hour job. It's more like a 60 hour a week job. Avoid management positions at CTA if you can. Managers are not seen to be too important to CTA culture and are thrown under the bus constantly. Non-negotiable salary. Don't get too hyped on the he amount you get offered.

Transportation Manager Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview consisting of typical interview questions. After the interview I waited about two weeks and then received a call about the next step in the process. The next step was an on site testing consisting of a case study writing assignment and a timed proofreading test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview screening. Next, you're signed up for a Microsoft office testing (word, excel, PowerPoint) at the headquarters. Passing that assume the determines if you'll get an interview. Actual interview consist of Panelist of 4, STAR format interview questions. Took about 4 months before I heard back and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions weee traditional , applicant job is to answer in a STAR format.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online when the link becomes live. If your resume matches or seems like a good fit for an internship position that is available, your resume will be pulled and given to the hiring party. The hiring party will decide who they want to interview, and those people will be extended an interview offer. After the interview, wait to hear back and see if you were given the position. The interview is typically panel based with at least 2 people in attendance. CTA uses behavioral based questions, and there are typically 4 that are asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to complete a project. What steps did you go through?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Most in-depth and thorough interview process I have ever experienced. Two sessions with two people interviewing in each. It was a little over an hour in each session and there were roughly 4-6 questions asked in each. All questions required a STAR answer (situation, task, action, result). You are given forewarning that this is what they are looking for during communications with your recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem I have encountered at a previous and how did I resolve it?   1 Answer

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied and for this position which was temporary. I was contacted a week later and scheduled to come in and take a data entry exam at their local office downtown Chicago. I was contacted a week later stating that I passed the exam and would be contacted. four days later I was set up for an interview. The interview was pretty laid back and easy going. I met with three associates at one time. Two weeks later I was emailed that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain one of my former jobs day to day activities. Basically what I did and what programs and software was used.   Answer Question

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Apllied online. Took exam two weeks later about. HR testers are friendly and strict. Got test results pretty fast. Two business days. Havent had a formal interview but expecting within 10 business days. Updated 10/6/15: Got called for interview Friday 10/2. Interview took place with three representative. Very probing questions about who you are. Work related experiences. Had my permit and resume. I answered acceptable and didnt expect it but took medical drug test vision physical fingerprint background. Received dot card. Waiting on background to clear. I do have a criminal past one felony almost ten years old and a misdemeanor almost five years old. I pray Im given a chance. Im well qualified. Other people asked to leave. Strict but I respect that.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a disruptive customer on a regular basis?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Straightforward ~30min interview over the phone. Basic questions about experiences and interest in CTA. Interview was with 2 heads of departments. They were nice and willing to share their experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that's not in your resume   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very fast interview process. One phone Interview and One on site interview. Easy STAR based questionnaire.Mostly the Behavioral questions and some questions about Excel. The background check take a long time though after receiving the offer.
    Took one - month for background check.