ChildFund International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ChildFund International Interview Questions

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChildFund International.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with human resources. The woman was very kind and answered any questions I had to the best of her ability. This interview was straight forward and simple; seemed like a general screening simply to see whether or not I was competent. A second phone interview follows the first, with the actual hiring director. The last interview is an in person, panel interview.

Digital Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChildFund International (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview first that was about an hour with recruiter. Typical questions; was fine. Then 30 min interview a week later with the hiring manager. Typical questions. About 5 days later, had in-person interview for about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic easy questions about my background, project/jobs I had worked on in the past. The weird one was them asking if I had kids, which is not an appropriate question to ask in an interview! I stumbled and said yes but said no more. Later hey mentioned that the job hours were Monday through Thursday 8-6, and Fridays 8-12. Hmm. They also mentioned that they really need team members to be in the office, and not work from home, and they encourage people to do all their appointments on Friday afternoons . Red flag- no flexibility in hours, working at home, or if you have kids whose daycares close at 6 pm. It's like it's 1990 all over again. Stay away!   Answer Question

DC Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ChildFund International in January 2016.

Interview

It took about six weeks from initial contact until the time of offer. I met with various people across the organization in panel interviews. There was some duplication in the questions asked of me from panel to panel. Overall, I enjoyed the process and the process helped me in my ultimate decision to accept the offer. I felt that it was a transparent and helpful process.

Interview Questions

• Name a success you have had in a position in the past. Have you ever received critical feedback?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChildFund International.

Interview

One interview with panel and one interview with hiring manager. I got a bad vibe from the process and should have listened to my gut.... it did not work out to be a good fit for me.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ChildFund International (Richmond, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Two level--HR and department manager. Largely a chronological interview describing my past work experience and the company's needs. Little discussion of the work environment or the company environment. Was lead to believe by the department manager there was room to grow the position and contribute. Did not realize it was a completely static position with no room for improvement.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChildFund International (Washington, DC).

Interview

First, over the phone, then in person.

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChildFund International (Richmond, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

When I applied for the position, I was very interested in working with an organization that I believed was professional and ethical. I was contacted by the recruiter and we arranged an interview. On the day of the interview, I met with a panel of 4 people. They asked plenty of questions and I thought it went well. I was also asked to take a writing test. That is normal for a position like this. I was given a deadline and met that deadline - no problem. During the interview, I was told that I would be informed of their decision by Wednesday of the following week. When I submitted my writing test - I was informed that they were really busy and that I would be informed of their decision the following week instead. I contacted the office at the end of that week and was informed that the principal decision maker was in Indonesia and would let us know on her return in 2 weeks. 4 after the interview ... I contacted the office. I was informed that the decision maker had returned and that she was in a meeting. They would let me know of their decision by the end of the day. I haven't heard from them since.

Candidates take time out of their schedule to go to an interview. They also invest money in gas and presenting the right appearance on the day. If we respect an organization and want to invest the time and money getting the chance to work for them - then should at least return that respect by contacting candidates with a decision in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Although the position was based in Richmond - I was asked if I would be able to travel to 3rd world countries as part of my job. This wasn't in the job description and caught me by surprise.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ChildFund International in January 2011.

Interview

I was recruited through a very rigorous process which had more than 3 panel interview and one final discussion with the executive person. The process was clear, and the environment for the interview both, virtual and face to face was fully encouraging as candidate. At the time of offer the negotiation was thorough which made me to request what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Nothing major difficult because of my years of experience I was able to respond   Answer Question