Children's Aid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Aid Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2017

2.5

Social Worker Interview

Interview

Warm and friendly. No pressure just be yourself and they are respectful of honest answers. There were 3 people present and none were intimidating. Everyone has some questions indcluding the HR lady who sat in on the interview.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Aid (Bronx, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website and was called 2 days later for an interview the following week. After the interview, the director gave me a tour of the school, she was very pleasant. I hope I get the job.

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Aid in June 2017.

Interview

I was very surprised when I got a phone call less than a day after I applied for the position. I applied online late Sunday night and I got a call before noon on Monday. They asked me to go in for a group interview later that week. When I arrived at the place for the interview, I couldn't even get in because no one had arrived to work in the reception. I know they open at 9 but usually employees have to arrive before then, especially the people at the front. But no big deal. The interview itself was my issue. Frankly, it couldn't even be called an interview. We got an overview of the position which was actually not the position i applied to or the position the other candidates had applied to and to top it off we were barely asked any questions during the "interview". It was also clear that they had not reviewed our resumes so why were we even called? Anyway, after we met the first person, the director met with us. The director was apparently not aware of what position we were applying for and started talking about an entire different position as well. So we heard about two different positions and none of them were the ones we applied to. Then they give us incredibly confusing instructions about how we needed to fill out an online application. This was right after they offered us the position. i was still confused as to which one exactly. Of course, we had already filled out an application online for the position we were interested in which was never discussed in the interview. Moving forward a couple of weeks, i got a call from someone there asking why I had not sent out my references for verification and completed the online application. At this point i had no interest in the job but was still unemployed so I gave the person my references. After my references were contacted i was officially offered the position which in title at least, turned out to be the position i applied to. I still had minimum interest but inquired over the salary which was a ridiculous low number for an organization that big. I was flabbergasted and downright oftended at the fact that that i was offered a position that would require so much work would pay so little. the number was less than what people with BAs can expect to make and way less than people with masters in my area and location make. I declined and quite frankly, I doubt i will apply to this organization again.

Interview Questions

• We were barely asked any questions beyond why were were interested in working with that population.   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Aid (Bronx, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email to come in for an interview at a local school. We interviewed on a couch and I was asked questions specific to the role like if I am proficient is spreadsheets like Excel. We spoke about my past job experiences that relate to the role and that was pretty much it. No personality questions or anything like that. She said she would get in touch the beginning to the next week but she didn't. I had to email her 2 weeks later, then call again 1 week after that to find out I was not selected.

FFT Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Aid.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview of 3 people. The supervisor spent the majority of the time discussing the model, the position, etc. Then we had to do a written vignette while one person was in a private interview. I received a call the following week for a 2nd interview, the same questions were asked in the first. 3 weeks passed and I didn't hear anything so I sent a follow-up email and received an automated decline offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get into social work?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Describe a difficult client.   Answer Question

Guidance Counsler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Aid (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was in a group setting listening to the rules for the whole 6 weeks.Then after I went to a table to select the site i wanted to work at.I wrote down my contact information then left.

Interview Questions

• If i had any questions about what i would be doing for those six weeks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Aid (Bronx, NY).

Interview

normal - first it was informal group..them explaining the position and us asking any questions
     then one one one with an supervisor.. average no pressure ...... Flexible schedule

Interview Questions

• time your dealt with aggressive teens, how can you courage teens/ family to do something they dont want to ?   Answer Question

low pay and a lot of paper work

FFT Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Aid.

Interview

Went on two interviews with the FFT supervisor and Director. Both interviews were relaxed. The first one was a group interview. They did most of the talking and then asked basic interview questions.

Marketing and Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Aid (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Patrick and Royivia for a position on their team. They were very easygoing, comfortable to speak with. We even ended up joking about a couch in the office that they wanted to turn into a creative space. Oh, and they gave me some chocolate covered almonds that happened to be on the table, so that was nice of them. Then I was moved along to Anthony Ramos's office, where the questions were a bit tougher and more technical.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your biggest failure at work? / Describe a time when you solved a problem at work. / How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Aid (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through their website and received a call back the following day. It was a brief phone screening where they asked about my most recent experience and what they were looking for. I was told if they are interested they'll contact me back..no contact so I am assuming that I didn't make it pass the screening process.