Church & Dwight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.7

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. I applied online and received feedback from a recruiter by the end of the week. I completed a digital interview through HireVue, where I was asked about 5 questions on my marketing experience and behavorial questions.After that I was asked to come to Ewing for an on-site interview. I met with 5 different people for about 30 minutes each. The questions asked were mainly behavorial. I heard back within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you failed?   Answer Question
    • Why Church & Dwight?   Answer Question
    • Have you used Nielsen?   Answer Question
    • You are the brand manager of a product whose sales have been flat for the last five years. However, the brand's market share has been growing by 5% per year for the last five years. What may be happening here?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is not completed but it has been a professional one so far. I was interviewed on the phone for about thirty minutes. Which followed by a digital interview completed three days after the telephone interview. Will update as it processes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new opportunity at this time?   Answer Question

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Princeton, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviewers are looking for personality and life, so be outgoing & energetic. Show them that you are ready to be a team member, that is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where something had going wrong, and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Church & Dwight in May 2011.

Interview

I can not remember a lot of details, but the few that I do remember is I had two interviews for the same position that was a temp position. I had to interview with 5 people for the first interview and 4 people for the second. After the first interview I was told that I was not qualified for that team and then later called for another team. However, I am currently working for both in some capacity.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, the typical questions because the interviewer was not experienced at interviewing. We discussed a lot of personal none work related topics.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Church & Dwight.

Interview

Applied through a temp agency and got a call for an interview about a week later. Interviewed with three different chemists, one-on-one, on the same day. Each interview lasted about 20 minutes. They asked questions from my resume and some behavioral questions. The typical tell me about yourself and why should we hire you. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a list of ten things to do and told you it had to be done by the end of the day, how would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Difference between working in a group and working alone. Which do you like better?   Answer Question
    • What have you learned about Church & Dwight?   Answer Question
    • If you finish all your work ahead of time, and can't find the chemist you were working with, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you could get paid to do anything in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Junction, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Princeton Junction, NJ).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter
    Then after one week I got a call for in person interview
    Three people interviewed me one by one.
    It was a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Interview

The HR department is very nice. Needed to be proactive and stay in communication with my HR contact to hear about next steps and when the application was open. Show interest in company and position. First phone screen interview with HR, then with managers. They are flexible with interviewing on the phone while you are at college.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by three individuals: Senior, Senior Manager, and Director. The first two asked the standard interview questions and described the position. The Director was most interested in the level of enthusiasm the candidate possessed. He was very intense, but fair. You may be cut off mid-sentence, as he is pressed for time.

They did not honor reimbursement of travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• What makes you really enthusiastic about this position?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview follow by an in person interview (mine was virtual) with potential managers (I had 2). Got back to me within 2 weeks after each. The interview questions were pretty much typical, strengths/weaknesses, project experience, exposure to aspects of the role youre applying for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of exposure do you have to project management?   Answer Question
    • Teamwork/Leadership experience   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Church & Dwight in February 2015.

Interview

very basic, submitted resumé and asked to interview

spoke to two different representatives about the company to learn more about position and to explain my own background and interest

very relaxed on the whole

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      guide me through your resume
      examples of leadership