Circuit City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Circuit City (Daly City, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Asked if they were hiring when i was buying a computer and i got called to schedule and interview. i came in to do the interview and it was basic questions about my previous work experience and computer knowledge. I was asked to describe the perfect computer and why i would choose specific parts. basically selling them the computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Based off of passed experience.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple face to face panel style interviews with regional managers and other store managers. They mainly asked relationship based questions to see if I was a good fit for the organization. It was not too hard of an interview process and they all made me seem that I could really be myself and not have to have canned answers.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Industry, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

One interview with District Manager, no interviews with any other managers. Had to test for proficiency at the District Office prior to being hired.

Negotiation

No negotiation at the time

Installer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed while they were opening the market in my are and it was a very simple and informal interview. Due to the fact they were recruiting out of similar businesses in an effort ot get staffed quickly

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Reading, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Came into store, and answered a few questions for about 15 minutes. The environment was very relaxing because my classmate from high school did the interview.Most of the questions were personality questions. They were easy and straight to the point questions.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a person you know stealing products what would you do?   1 Answer

Technology Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Circuit City (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

It was a very breezy experience. I was asked about experience from other retail jobs and taken on to the floor to play with ideas about making the store nicer. We also discussed my opinions on product loss and how to minimize it. It was very easy. I was already recommended for the position by operations.

Interview Questions

• We went on the floor and discussed how to better appearance of product and placement of items.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Cleveland, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. Started with a phone screen, went to an in person interview with a store manager. Then a panel interview with five employees, three store employees and two corporate employees.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Richmond, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

The skills test seemed unhelpful and unneccessary, it was done on a computer on campus. The one-on-one interviews for the role were very interesting. I felt that the interview went well, but I was contacted afterward and told that the role had been given to someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a store manager contacted you to say they could sell more of a given product?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Circuit City (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was conducted in a group style setting. Final decision making rested on the store director, however the members of the hiring group included store level employees from all walks of life. Was a refreshing change to the same old grilled by 3 executives style interviews.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Circuit City (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

Basic Star interview structure. Questions on past experiences, and how they relate to the current job description. Scenario based questions, testing ability to handle customer service challenges. Ask to sell yourself to an employer in 30 seconds or less.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a team player, or someone who likes to work individually.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cut and dry, salary discussed, then middle ground met.