Circuit City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.1

Technology Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Circuit City (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

It was a very breezy experience. I was asked about experience from other retail jobs and taken on to the floor to play with ideas about making the store nicer. We also discussed my opinions on product loss and how to minimize it. It was very easy. I was already recommended for the position by operations.

Interview Questions

• We went on the floor and discussed how to better appearance of product and placement of items.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. They asked past experience questions focusing on quality service. The manager who interviewed me was very nice and laid back. He also answered any other questions that i had at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had a disgruntle customer?   Answer Question

Interview

Called in for two level interview first with the department manager. It was above the customer service desk with a tinted window that looked down on the store front. The second part of the interview was with the head of sales. He was a great personality and was very efficient and smart.

Interview Questions

• Ethical questions that determined if I'm a sales or a customer service rep.   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview

They didn't have an position available to me for tech support, but they didnt give me a chance to show my skills. The manager had no idea how to determine my level of knowledge, even if she was a nice enough person. All was offered was a sales associate / cashier position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple face to face panel style interviews with regional managers and other store managers. They mainly asked relationship based questions to see if I was a good fit for the organization. It was not too hard of an interview process and they all made me seem that I could really be myself and not have to have canned answers.

Interview Questions

Interview

There was one group interview with about 5 other people being interviewed at the same time. The interview had an open format with an emphasis on creativity and social interaction.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing about the interview was a couple of brainteasers. I think the management just wanted to see how we would find answers under pressure.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warehouse Point, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Circuit City (Warehouse Point, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

A++
    A typical work day is 8 - 5 and you sell online advertisements. Days consist of meeting, calls, training, and office activities.

Learned how to sell, cold call, negotiate, communicate B2B.

Hardest part of job is resisting the free food. Most enjoyable is being on the phones and talking to different people.

Management: A+
    Co-Workers: A++

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Circuit City (Plantation, FL).

Interview

I was called back less than a week after submitting the application online. They informed me that I passed the personality test and to schedule an interview with the store manager later that week. Upon meeting with the manager he was shocked that I showed up with a decent resume as a high school student and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager offered me above minimum wage as a high school student

Installer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed while they were opening the market in my are and it was a very simple and informal interview. Due to the fact they were recruiting out of similar businesses in an effort ot get staffed quickly

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview

friend reccomended me to a manager.
    one interview where the manage essetially gaurenteed my job based on the employee review. he explained base pay and that was it.

Interview Questions

• he asked about my knowlege of computer products and camera products and few specific questions on how to fix random things just to make sure i could answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation was avaialble though. it was here is the job, can you do it.