Citi Trends Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Trends Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi Trends

1.7

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Citi Trends.

Interview

It is 20-30minutes.The interview is mainly done in person with the store manager or district manager. It not hard just be yourself but professional as well. Any questions that you have be sure to ask right then and there not later.

Interview Questions

• Your availability,, about yourself, and other typical questions why you want to work for their company and how would you be a great fit. Pay-rate be smart and wise when asked this question do your research.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Simple interview questions no drug test background took about 7 days then I started working. There is a lot of computer training which took forever because the computer system was really old and after that it’s pretty easy

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi Trends (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy , you get a phone contact from the recruiter then the recruiter sets you up an interview with the district manager or store Manager, then if store Manager or district manager wants to move forward you are given a drug test and offer

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation if you seen your employee stealing merchandise?   3 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi Trends (Merrillville, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy! Interview consisted of a few questions, as far as reliable transportation, do I follow policies, and when can I start? I was hired and once I came in to fill out paperwork which I was paid for, I was asked can I start working today which I did.

Interview Questions

• Did I have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi Trends in January 2017.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with district manager. She told me she would call me back and never did which is so typical these days. Nonetheless it's still a total disgrace. Company is bare-bones, lots of theft, and customers leave the store messy every single day

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to confront a customer who was stealing   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi Trends (Florence, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

One on one with district manager at stores location. It's about 30 mins long. Ask General question like all employeers. Next day you go take a drug test. Urine sample. Process took about one week.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manning, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi Trends (Manning, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and received a text message from a recruiter asking when I would be available for a phone interview. I answered the text, and got a call back. The interview as set up for a few days later. It was simple and quick. The interviewer was polite and upbeat. She set me up for an in person interview at the store. I arrived for that interview only to find out that the manager wasn't coming in due to "problems at home". I had to come back a few days later. That interview went fairly well. I was asked very few questions. Mostly I listened to the District Manager tell me about herself and how great she thought the company was, and how awful she thought most of her employees were, for about 2 hours. I was finally asked for how much pay I would like. I gave my lowest amount and she said that it was way too much. I figured we were done and I wasted my time. Later, I got an email that invited me to fill out an application on their company site and agree to a background and drug test. I agreed, bc it offered to send me a copy of the background test for free (I've always wondered what they look for). About a month later, I got all the results in mail (no felonies, death certificates). I still figured I wouldn't hear from them bc I wanted more pay than they could offer. Then, a few more weeks go by and I get a phone call from the store manager offering $1 an hour less than I asked for. I hadn't gotten any other job offers in that time, so I took it.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi Trends (Gary, IN) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied got an interview about a week later Came in Early took 30 mins to get addressed had interview in middle of the store with another person like hunger games to see whose better totally unprofessional!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi Trends (West Memphis, AR) in July 2018.

Interview

First, you go in for the interview at the time specified by the manager. If things go well then they will send off your information for a background check which could take 1 to 1 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a person who is rude to you?   1 Answer

Interview

I interviewed with both the store manager and district manager. It was easy and laid back. They both made me comfortable. They ask me if I had any experience in soft line and I did not.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle internal theft?   1 Answer