CitizenNet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CitizenNet (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They found me on angellist and reached out to me. We corresponded over email a bit and they gave me a code challenge before we ever spoke on the phone. The code challenge was on a website that recorded screenshots of keystrokes, etc. It was all in Python. They responded a day later saying that they were going to pass based on my answers but did not give me any further feedback beyond that. I was a bit perplexed because all of my functions worked and were very short. They said they were looking for the 100% best answer/perfection in every question, so I guess there was a better way to do something in one of them.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes a dictionary with numeric values and returns the keys of the top 3 highest values.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CitizenNet (Culver City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Was contacted via email by CitizenNet. Scheduled a phone interview and not many details were shared other than the date and time of what I thought was a simple phone screen.

I was under the assumption that I'd only be speaking with one person during the interview but was joined by another employee and turned into a full blown interview which felt like it should've been conducted in person based on the questions they asked about my background and experiences along with familiarity of the business in regards to the social space. There were a few awkward and tense moments when both interviewers didn't seem to be paying attention and had me repeat my answers. Interview went as well as it could and was offered some information regarding Facebook Blueprint, which I appreciated. Was then advised they would be sending a link to a Google Form test in which you had to download an Excel file to complete. Easy enough I thought.

Email link to the test received that evening. Test turned out to be super involved and open ended with various questions about media math along with marketing related (very marketing focused, which was out of scope from the job description, which was mainly managing campaigns and handling the accounts, and not seemingly like you would do much consultation or sales related tasks) questions peppered in.

Didn't get confirmation that my submission (completed Thursday) was received until the following week (Tuesday or Wednesday) which felt super unprofessional to me. Stated my answers were being sent to HR for review.

Another week went by and finally received a very informal response from the hiring manager stating I did not pass the test. Ok fair enough, so I followed up asking to receive feedback on why my answers didn't pass and was again informally and plainly told that HR retains the answers and that they didn't have access and just "sorry."

It was off putting to have just been brushed off so quickly when they were through with you. Says a lot about the lack of finesse and the type of person they are.

Interview Questions

• Google Form question: What is the difference between Brand Marketing and Direct Marketing?   Answer Question
    • Google Form question: When would it be a good time for an advertiser to switch from Brand Marketing to Direct Marketing?   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CitizenNet.

Interview

Contacted by email in the morning to have a phone interview the same day. Asked for college transcripts. Great phone interview asked to come in to meet the team the following week. Everything was arranged then I was asked to come in that Friday instead because the COO wanted to meet me. Went in. Interview with Coo was a crazy weird, tried to intimidate me about the position and its demands while wearing flip flops. I spoke to the rest of the team who were cool, but seemed to want someone with more experience even though it was an entry level position for a college graduate who just graduated or is about to within this semester.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?
      Have you been in pressure cooker situations?
      Do you know excel?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CitizenNet (Culver City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Someone from the company reached out to me and asked if I was interested. Then he sent me a coding challenge involving Javascript Closure. I was invited to a group interview. The team was rude and pedantic.

Interview Questions

• Polyfill the Map, ForEach and Reduce methods of an array.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CitizenNet in August 2015.

Interview

Balance between relaxed person-based questions and hard-hitting questions about excel, advertising, etc. Includes a test with excel skills and digital advertising questions that was somewhat challenging at the time (I had limited experience) but makes sense given the job.

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CitizenNet.

Interview

I was contacted by the office manager in which she scheduled a call with the hiring manager which went well. I was then invited into the office where I had numerous conversations which I was informed that a decision would be made during the week. I was connected with the HR Manager who informed me my references had been checked,etc. To this day I have yet to be contacted to say thank you for your time but we chose another candidate. Very unprofessional across the board.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CitizenNet.

Interview

They were quick to contact me, though it does seem like they are hiring for a lot of roles. Good news is there is a lot of growth within the company, but scheduling can get tough.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral, no case studies   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CitizenNet (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I contacted the company via AngelList, and was promptly emailed back to set up a time to go over the roll and what the interview process would look like.

I had a lot of issues with my phone receiving calls at this time, but the person in charge of hiring was very understanding and patient to make sure we could connect and stay in contact.

Interview Questions

• I was given a technical test that had problems to solve related to the role I would be interviewing for to see if I was a good fit. I was also given a few technical tests during the interview process.   Answer Question