City Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City Sports Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at City Sports.

Interview

The whole process was super easy. Applied in store, got a phone call 2 days later for an interview. The interview was chill, talked about what sports I play and the interviewer and I played the same sport.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City Sports.

Interview

General questions on experience and how to interact with customers. The higher the position, the more detailed the questions get. Open availability during the week and weekends plays well. Mainly they want to know past experiences in interacting with customers of all difficulty levels. Product knowledge can easily be taught, but team players and great customer service is something else.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City Sports (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

They focused mainly on my athletic and job experience. They interview was "friendly type" without any trap questions.
    They were two people on the room. Manager and Assistant Manager. The last one asked all the questions. The manager was an spectator.

Since the day that applied to the day they called me for the interview it was two or three days.
    The process was very quick and smoth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a difficult customer and how did you turn the bad situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions, they also ask about your background and what language you speak, since NYC is full of tourists. Previous work experience, costumer service, and they will also ask you if you know any sport

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City Sports in September 2014.

Interview

Easy, simple questions, wanted to make sure I was willing to work the hours and manage a team, really basic, asked about shoe knowledge and had to do a test on walking analysis but it really was easy

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with tough situations   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Sports.

Interview

I received a call back within a week. Interview process was great, connected with interviewer based on past sports background. discussed my experience with sports apparel and running shoes. discussed history of the company and how I plan on contributing to the growth and success of the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at City Sports in May 2014.

Interview

The entire thing was very relaxed and casual, just like the environment of the store. I had previous sales experience which may have been why it was so relaxed. Once I was interviewed, I was called about four days later and offered a position. Once I started I had a three day orientation to get to know the store, the product, and logistical things.

Interview Questions

• Why City Sports? What is yours sales background? How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard Square, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Sports (Harvard Square, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I Applied in person on Friday. I received a call from the assistant manager on Wednesday of the week after and we scheduled an interview. I went in on Sunday at noon. The interview was very thorough. It wasn't nerve wrecking. The interview process was more like having a conversation about your interest and telling the employer more about yourself and how would you contribute to the company. I felt really confident about the interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City Sports (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy. 10-15 minutes tops. Their office and basement was a scary beginning as it's quite dirty, but the job description was a good fit with my busy life schedule. I had the offer to work before the interview was over and I decided to consider it and officially accepted the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at City Sports (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I came in one Friday afternoon and asked for an application. The women at the register was very nice. She handed me an application, a pen and a clipboard and asked me if I wanted to sit on the shoe floor and fill it out. After I completed the application I handed it to another younger girl at the register. I received a call the following week on Tuesday for an interview. I came in later on that week and had an interview with the store manager at the time. He was great. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in an unpleasant situation with a customer and how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • What would you contribute to this company?   Answer Question